If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: All Schneider Training Academy's have been shut down  (Read 7062 times)

krooser

Re: All Schneider Training Academy's have been shut down
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 01:31:26 AM »
You know I have talked to a few guys that drive for Swift and they love it. They dont seam that bad.
With a turnover rate of around 90% per year you're always talking to a fresh recruit...

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 01:31:26 AM »

truknut02

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 02:34:12 AM »
Im talking to guys that have drove for Swift for 10 to 15 years. Lets get back to Schneider Swift has nothing to do here.  :roll:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 02:36:28 AM by truknut02 »

swift#1

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »
You know I have talked to a few guys that drive for Swift and they love it. They dont seam that bad.
i wouldnt leave swift for no other company....i love em' as well. :-D
Proud Driver for Swift Transportation, 18 Years Safe Driving.

krooser

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »
i wouldnt leave swift for no other company....i love em' as well. :-D
Never say never... sooner or later you're gonna move on... for better working conditions, better pay or whatever... you will leave.

Sean

• Future trucker in America
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »
Im talking to guys that have drove for Swift for 10 to 15 years. Lets get back to Schneider Swift has nothing to do here.  :roll:
I thought this was bout SNI too, so lets talk bout SNI, as Swift has NOTHIN to do with this topic :roll: :wink:

-My baby, 1997 F250HD XLT, RCLB, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke.

swift#1

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:38 AM »
Never say never... sooner or later you're gonna move on... for better working conditions, better pay or whatever... you will leave.
i been drivin for 15 yrs,been  with swift for 8 of those years, my pay is awesome, and besides i woudnt leave they just put me in my 2009 int. prostar....and it came with my name ALREADY on the doors :-D   8-) 

DD

• Regular Membership
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »
my pay is awesome 

What is your pay?

How many miles did you run in 2007?

swift#1

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 06:15:51 PM »
What is your pay?

How many miles did you run in 2007?
45 cpm runnin target....some (rookies) only get 26cpm :|

i ran between 120,000-140,000 last year...to be exact i think it was 132,000

im almost at my 1 million mile safe driving  mark with swift :lol: :lol: already :-D

krooser

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 03:18:12 AM »
8 years with Swift.... you've gotta be one of the few... at least you stick with one outfit!

Chad

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 04:13:08 AM »
My neighbor is a 10 year vet gets a new truck every year of his choosing has a VNL 780 right now. I Ran Sears out of Columbus, OH and made good money I enjoyed my time but left to be home with my small children. My driver manager still calls me after seven years. My first truck was a pos all beat to hell. I saw many new drivers assigned junk for their learning year. Most drivers for Swift get fed up driving the trainer around for 6wks? and never really get a chance to run the good accounts because the idiot that had them first already run them in the ground before they ever got started. This is Swift's down fall if you are level headed person you can make it at any of these mega carriers. I have heard horror stories from drivers at SNI my dad was one of them this was before you could take the truck home he had to stay out a month at a time a week after he quit they supposedly changed this so you could be routed home with a load?
But he was a jumper too and has never held a job longer than a couple years. Take Pat, Mike and Chris they have been with SNI for a couple years and really enjoy it 2 as O/O and 1 CO intermodal driver. I will bet none of them would go back over the road as a company driver for SNI. Congratulations on your safe driving record I myself am a few miles from my million.   

swift#1

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 06:29:18 PM »
8 years with Swift.... you've gotta be one of the few... at least you stick with one outfit!
thats right,job hopping is no good

swift#1

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 06:33:12 PM »
My neighbor is a 10 year vet gets a new truck every year of his choosing has a VNL 780 right now. I Ran Sears out of Columbus, OH and made good money I enjoyed my time but left to be home with my small children. My driver manager still calls me after seven years. My first truck was a pos all beat to hell. I saw many new drivers assigned junk for their learning year. Most drivers for Swift get fed up driving the trainer around for 6wks? and never really get a chance to run the good accounts because the idiot that had them first already run them in the ground before they ever got started. This is Swift's down fall if you are level headed person you can make it at any of these mega carriers. I have heard horror stories from drivers at SNI my dad was one of them this was before you could take the truck home he had to stay out a month at a time a week after he quit they supposedly changed this so you could be routed home with a load?
But he was a jumper too and has never held a job longer than a couple years. Take Pat, Mike and Chris they have been with SNI for a couple years and really enjoy it 2 as O/O and 1 CO intermodal driver. I will bet none of them would go back over the road as a company driver for SNI. Congratulations on your safe driving record I myself am a few miles from my million.   
swift does have some bad sides to it im not going to lie and say swift is  perfect...definetly not :-D  and congrats to you as well my friend :-)

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »
I was told by a recruiter out of the Portland OC that were not taking anyone with less than 5 years of experiance.  I never thought I would see the day were SNI would have such high standards.  They said there just getting to many qualified drivers right now.  I really think its a good decision to shut these accademys down, Saves money,  and newbies can attend a driving school and then come on and get the tuition Reimbursment the way it use to be.  I just feel bad for the Instructors and trainers that based there lives off the daily Time At Home and the extra training pay :-(
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:41:07 PM by Avsfan118 »

mike b

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 07:44:16 PM »
I think this might have something to do with the  current soft labor market.  With the  economy in a downturn and employers laying drivers off there is a large pool of experienced drivers looking for work right now. Also with the current pessimism about the economy in general drivers are not as likely to leave their current employer. When the economy picks up again and the labor market tightens up  these big carriers will be back to business as usual.

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »
thats right,job hopping is no good

I agree with you there,  Im happy here at SNI I did leave for a few months to try another company and it sucked, Came back to SNI 4 months later and got my vacation time and all that crap back.  Im planning to stay here a bit,  I like working for a stable company and my schedule fits my lifestyle perfectly:)   BTW Congrats on nearing your 1 Million Miles safe driving,

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs