If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: F l a t t o p s. American Finest  (Read 5339 times)

Art387

• Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna ! God, Honor, Fatherland !!!
F l a t t o p s. American Finest
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »
Flattops are the most classy rigs on North American Highways, I got no doubt about it. Pete with flat, small sleeper seems to be guaranteed success, noone can screw it. Never seen it. No matter what is done to the rig, always catching the eye and then... its shockingly tastefull in vast majority of cases. These craftsmans know everything aboul styling. I will post them all, sorry guys but... can't find boring one.  The purest perfection...

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:08:09 PM by Art387 »

Hank's Truck Forum

F l a t t o p s. American Finest
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »

DAVID350

Re: F l a t t o p s. American Finest
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 03:16:30 AM »
That look never gets old. Nice pics Art. I've seen 4 out of the 6 online somewhere before.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 04:37:20 AM »
My favorite's the Cody bullwagon... she's purty. 8-)
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 04:41:25 AM »
Flattops are the most classy rigs, seems to be guaranteed success, noone can't screw it.

1st one second row bottom comes close with the hockey stick pipes.  :x All the others are way too cool. Thanks for the view Art. :wink:

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 03:40:48 PM »
I'm still waiting for that coffee table book, Art. :-D

Nice colors on the Cody rig.  The colors and scheme are reminiscent of the old Safeway Truck Lines, out of Indiana I believe.

Cobra13

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »
Yet again more great pics of great trucks Art!

Absolutely love that red and black one pulling the reefer, one of the coolest Petes I've seen. Bigjohn caught this one a while ago, his last post here too IIRC.

Hayrunner

• www.westcoasthay.com
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »
My favorite's the Cody bullwagon... she's purty. 8-)

X2. purdy and a half. I like it  8-)
"CHANGE 08" What the hell is the world comin' to. Sheriff Bufford T. Justice

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 06:52:01 AM »
Safeway Pete mentioned above.  Old Tractor of the Month in Overdrive (or one like it).

Steve_WI

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 03:35:44 PM »

I second that! 

Personally I like the red and black Pete with the reefer.  Everything flows nicely together.  No mile long wheelbase.  Color continues on to the trailer with a black reefer unit, red lower and silver upper side rails.  Trying to go for that classic  no frills kinda look.

The Cody rig is another fine example.  I forget who it was I wanna say either Huntflatbed or Norseman who caught another Cody Pete in the last couple of days.

Great pics..... keep it up!
Dec. 23, 2008 The end of an era at GM Janesville.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 03:37:39 PM »

Sign me up Art.  :-)

Art387

• Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna ! God, Honor, Fatherland !!!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 04:15:20 PM »
I really appreciate your nice comments, guys. Problem is, you are the biggest authoritets when comes to truck pictures I know... so... its very nice  :-)

Paul, your posting proves once again where are roots of the todays flattop boom - good old days...

Here is a bit selection of stretched ones.... Its like the only major visual improvement over the originals they could find...
And I kind of like this thought, because it supports my theory, that many nowadays improvements doesn't really mean anything but higher initial and maintenance costs.
It will be extremely interesting to see further struggle Old vs. New School in years to come....

Cobra13

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »
Wow, more exceptional pictures Art!

I really like the first Pete, and the second one is sharp too.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »
Stunning... just stunning! And that goes for both the trucks and the pictures for sure. Your photographic talents never cease to amaze me, Art.  :wink: As for the trucks, I'll have to agree with Ryan and Steve - that Cody bullwagon sure is purdy!  :wink: I also like the first extended hood rig in the last series - it looks better than the Prizm rig, although I can't really explain to myself why... may be the color scheme or something. Excellent looking rig, at least.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 04:40:57 AM »
The first Pete in the last series was originally built by Pride, I have the issue of 10-4 that it was in and that centerfold is hanging on my wall... I love that truck almost as much as Pat Johnson's. The running boards are my favorite touch by the way. I've photographed him at the Willard Flying J and I see him running I-15 occasionally... seems like an alright guy, he waves at me when I give him the thumb's up. 8-)
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »
Ah, that first one was originally built by Pride, too? I knew the Prizm rig used to be a Pride truck; I guess I should have assumed the same about the first one seeing as it has some of the same touches as the Prizm rig, including the running boards (almost, at least), the steps, and so on. I do not like the running boards on the Prizm rig as much as the ones on the first one, perhaps because they're kind of full length on the first one. I also like the two tone paint job on that one better than the orange on the Prizm.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs