If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: C a b o v e r s... Because We Love Them!  (Read 239103 times)

Jason D.

Re: C a b o v e r s... Because We Love Them!
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »
Hmm.....not exactly a bad looking truck, but he needs to do something about that drom box. It just doesn't look right. :|

The bumper isn't really doing it for me either..... :-P

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
The Landstar big bunk KW with the drom box is really a terrific sight to see Art & your side shots are great.  8-) I think both PBT & myself (and possibly a couple of others) have caught this truck all over the country. Here's my pic from the Bordentown Pilot 2-16-08.

peterGB

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 10:36:09 AM »
I visited Maui a couple years ago and there were a lot of nice trucks on the island.  Most of the dumps had two axle pups in tow and every one was clean and sporting lots of chrome.
All the trucks were daycabs though...  :wink:  Who knew?
We have quite a few of those here on Oahu but we have alot more dump trailers here and some really good looking ones at that. :-D I like the k100 with the drom box. I think it almost looks better with the long chassis. I would really love it if I could meet you here. :-D :-D

Dwayne

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2009, 04:11:41 AM »
 8-)

Big Dee

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2009, 04:31:49 AM »
Is that super singles on that Quality truck? Wow, old truck, newer rear end.

Sean

• Future trucker in America
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2009, 06:21:10 AM »
I REALLY like that truck, makes me want to do a model of it  :roll:  :lol:

Sean

-My baby, 1997 F250HD XLT, RCLB, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke.

Jason D.

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2009, 09:54:44 AM »
That guy took a crappy truck and just made it crappier by adding those super singles. :-(

pons

• Life is good
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 10:05:10 AM »
We sure will met :-) As to work... well I'm not sure I could handle city job... no cozy sleeper... no hard pulling an no money.
Still, this dream of mine is going on...
Here, I found that "long" Landstar: Northern Lights, Class of 88. Truly amazing rig, me thinks

Walt, I'm not sure yet (really need to see all picture from this year again) but seems to me, K100 is the most common COE on I-80
If so, we might have a connection here... Beside being somehow better built - K100 seems also very OTR-ish with this tall sleeper

Well I'm here after the Calvary arrived but dang that COE Landstar is kick,,, 8-) That's a cool truck great catch to everyone in post that spotted this big truck :-P He probably has a 650 cummins and a autoshift buried under all that  :-P :-P Maybe not :roll:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:08:33 AM by pons »
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."   Quote: Yogi Berra

Sean

• Future trucker in America
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »
Ill take the 650 Cummins  :-D

Sean

-My baby, 1997 F250HD XLT, RCLB, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke.

Mailtrucker

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »
These black ones are two different units - which took me a while to figure it out. Got some more pics, post them soon - really impressive units these are...
The Landstar truck I've snapped on I-80 in Nebraska. Later on I've spotted similar K100 in Toole, UT. Basicly, all my pictures comes from I-80 between Chicago and Bay Area. And vacations in Hawaii - here are three coe's from Big Island this year:

The black one is the same truck with different lettering. Look at the VIN. In fact the extra lettering is just a sign clamped to the grab rails.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:32:24 AM by Mailtrucker »

Art387

• Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna ! God, Honor, Fatherland !!!
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2009, 12:36:17 PM »
Well I'm here after the Calvary arrived but dang that COE Landstar is kick,,, 8-) That's a cool truck great catch to everyone in post that spotted this big truck :-P He probably has a 650 cummins and a autoshift buried under all that  :-P :-P Maybe not :roll:
To me, this heavy machine is inspiration for that Tokyo-Alabama gig of mine, I'm planning to draw it someday 8-) When first time saw it... it was like passing some train. Must dig for that picture, it was quite incredible moment...

The black one is the same truck with different lettering. Look at the VIN. In fact the extra lettering is just a sign clamped to the grab rails.
You absolutely right on that one, I got a long history of confusing everyone here :roll: Well, that also because I take too many pics then try to post in a rush...
Here is the "twin" I've had in mind when posting, I hope you guys understand... Just try to pick your favourite over these two... good luck :-o

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »
Oh my!!!  :-o That last one.... it looks incredible with that spread axle reefer! I do believe it will have to be my favorite of the two K100Es, even though it's a pretty close race there... Both of them are just incredible!!

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

OH_photos

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2009, 02:33:18 PM »
8-)

And to think I could have beaten you to the punch on this one. :-P Taken 12/10 @ the Wal-Mart, here's what it looks like at night. :-D

Driver must have a thing for skulls and whatnot . . .

Big Dee

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2009, 02:46:17 PM »
I agree with you Jason. I would never want singles hauling liquid. Terrible ride, even worse stopping.

Reliable Randy

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 04:31:07 PM »
Mind if I throw these in? I thought it might be better to post them here instead of having separate topics for them.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 04:31:07 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs