If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: 2015 NTDC Grand Chamption Award Tractor  (Read 2426 times)

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
2015 NTDC Grand Chamption Award Tractor
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:26:09 PM »
Last night while taking a shortcut through a local industrial park in Taylor, PA, this red Walmart Kenworth T680 rounded the corner up ahead. I pulled over and snapped a photo. After some research, I found out this tractor was awarded last week to Ronald Emenheiser, the 2015 NTDC Grand Champion. Very cool truck IMO.

Walmart Kenworth T680 by Dave, on Flickr

Hank's Truck Forum

2015 NTDC Grand Chamption Award Tractor
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:26:09 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: 2015 NTDC Grand Chamption Award Tractor
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:28:39 PM »
Always perks me up to catch something special like this. :) Any idea what DC he's from Dave? ???

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 08:19:06 PM »
Always perks me up to catch something special like this. :) Any idea what DC he's from Dave? ???

Yeah this and the special Werner unit made up for the lack of daytime trains this weekend, lol. From what I can gather, he himself is from PA, and there is a small PA decal on the sleeper, but I can't make out what DC it's based in.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 06:30:40 AM »
Yorkana is down by York, kind of hard to guess where he is based.  The only dry DC's that would have the Wal-mart private fleet based at them would be Woodland PA and Tobyhanna PA, both up on the north side of PA, one to the west and one to the east.  The other DC's in PA are Grocery DC's, one in Bedford PA off I-76 which Schneider, last I knew, ran the reefer trailers out of and then there is Pottsville PA which I think the Wal-mart Private Fleet and some other company runs out of.  Hard to say, all the articles I've read don't mention where he's based out of.

He did mention he dedicated his award to his father who was a firefighter, so I wonder if that's why he picked red with the "reflective-type" white stripe down the side like fire trucks have.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »
First off, kudos on the catch of the year so far for you, in my opinion! ;D ;D

As for the fire truck factor, Mr Emenheiser's Facebook page mentions that he himself is also Lieutenant at Yorkana Volunteer Fire Company #1, so... :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Jon_G

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 10:02:58 AM »

Awesome! 8)

Jon

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 10:02:58 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs