Author Topic: Averitt Express  (Read 2103 times)

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
Averitt Express
« on: August 05, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »
A few locals in the Charleston area

One afternoon we spent at a water park, and this rig made a delivery to the concession stand.

norseman

• Administrator
Re: Averitt Express
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:09:57 AM »
Nice catches, Paul! I've always kind of liked Averitt Express trucks, although I'm not really sure why, as I normally like a little more "blingy" trucks...  :roll: :wink: I think it has something to do with the color of the trailers and the painted wheels on the trucks matching.

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 05:07:45 PM »
I think it has something to do with the color of the trailers and the painted wheels on the trucks matching.

They're fairly plain trucks, but there's something about that grey that sets them apart, like you mentioned.

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »
I've always wondered if there is a connection between Averitt Express and FirstFleet? 

Jon_G

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 12:53:29 PM »
I used to not think so, but if you scroll down and click view other companies next to the exec's names, it says that the Averitt CEO is also in charge of FirstFleet.
http://www.corporationwiki.com/Tennessee/Cookeville/averitt-express-inc-4726262.aspx

Jon

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 01:05:41 PM »
I used to not think so, but if you scroll down and click view other companies next to the exec's names, it says that the Averitt CEO is also in charge of FirstFleet.
http://www.corporationwiki.com/Tennessee/Cookeville/averitt-express-inc-4726262.aspx

Jon

That's interesting!  So an "Unofficial" yet "Official" connection between the two carriers.  I wonder if a blending of the two carriers won't happen before too long. 

Jon_G

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 09:00:13 PM »
I definitely hope they dont mix the two together. First Fleet has gotten some new equipment lately, mainly daycabs from what I've seen, in the form of Prostars and Volvo VNL300s, equipped with brush guards on the front 8)

Averitt has gotten Volvos, as I've seen some with the new spot mirrors.

Jon