If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: 84 Freightliner COE (and a driver with a great attitude)  (Read 8110 times)

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
84 Freightliner COE (and a driver with a great attitude)
« on: July 27, 2008, 03:45:01 PM »
I came across this tractor 7/4 at the Fort Chiswell Va. Flying J.  When I was taking a picture, I see the driver's window rolling down so I went over and apologized to the driver for not asking permission, and he said "H*ll, you don't need permission to take a picture!"  We got to talking and he said it's a California truck and that he's owned it for 12 years.  The load is rolls of landfill liner.

I walked further down and on my way back, I thoought this would be a good comparison shot, when...

...I hear the blast of an airhorn and he starts moving forward.  I thought he was leaving and just saying goodbye, but he stops long enough for me to take this picture, then backs back into his space.

Hank's Truck Forum

84 Freightliner COE (and a driver with a great attitude)
« on: July 27, 2008, 03:45:01 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Ray F

Re: 84 Freightliner COE (and a driver with a great attitude)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 04:09:54 PM »
Thats Pretty Cool That He did that For you Paul  :-D :-D This just goes to show you That There still are some Nice People out in this world, and That driver sound like he is one  :-D :-D Nice Pics Paul  :-D :-D

seventiestrucker

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »
There are nice people in this world, once the prices get lower then they'll show their smile and bright side. :mrgreen:  That must be one of the early Freightliner FLT's with the rectangular headlights as they weren't introduce until 1985.
There were trucks like the Pineapple out of Denver along with Carol Smith and his big black pete w/ a KTA600, The Monfort gang (Monfort Lane) ,Cantrell out of Mo. w/his wicked 359 3408 cat and all his friends, Frank Frazer and his small bunk, big KTA 600.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:52:41 PM »
Nice pic Paul of a good looking truck.  Always interesting to meet nice guys. They make our day.

farmallman

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
Man you gotta love drivers like that.

Good to hear that kind of stuff now a days.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 12:41:46 AM »
How cool is that! Great looking truck, and great guy driving it too, sounds like! That was so cool of him pulling out of his spot for you like that!  :-D

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 08:13:22 AM »
Looks like a pretty sharp ride!  It'd be 28 now and I hope it's still working! 

Jon_G

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »

Very sharp! Really great attitude by the driver as well. I don't do a lot of truck stop photos as I always worry the drivers won't react well, I was quite apprehensive the first time I went to the MATS parking lots, but everyone seemed to be flattered more than anything else, a few of the drivers are usually out taking photos as well.
As for the truck, looks like it could be an ex-Reeve truck, and since its from CA that would make sense. Hope it's still out there, there certainly are a lot of these FL cabovers being restored lately and being put back on the road it seems 8)

Jon

Rich_S

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
A nice looking Freightliner. I never drove one with a wheelbase that long. I never liked a flatbed trailer that didn't have a bulkhead on the front of the trailer. Sure he has a headache rack behind the cab, but I always liked the through of getting that loose load slowed down before it reached the front of the trailer and not just a few feet before it reached the cab.
Cheers,
Rich S.

Zeprome

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 03:06:29 PM »
Wow, this topic is really old! Anyone got some updates on whereabouts of this truck and his owner?

It's nice to see some vintage and classics on the road.  8)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 03:06:29 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs