If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Early in the Trip 6-pack  (Read 5659 times)

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
Early in the Trip 6-pack
« on: July 26, 2008, 06:21:42 PM »
We went on our family vacation back on July 4th-13th to Folly Beach South Carolina, which is right outside of Charleston.  There was a fairly large group of extended family staying in two condos by the beach.  My wife and daughter flew down, freeing me up to drive down myself with the vehicle and all our luggage, and to stop for pictures along the way.

Traffic on the 4th was very light, but truck traffic seemed extraordinarily light, even for a Friday holiday.  I thought there would be more traffic still holding over from the business week, but truckload carriers seemed to dominate through the day.  I guess everything going on with the economy didn't help matters either.

I had a hard time putting together a 6-pack for a kick-off thread, but I decided to go with this group.

This is a simiiar shot to one I posted in another thread of a PJAX truck in Mount Morris, Pa, but this one is expanded to show the VItran trailer backed up to the PJAX pup.

Nice Seminole at the Mount Morris Citgo T/S

I thought this might have been a nice picture, but the raindrops on the windshield got picked up.  This Volvo is headed north on I-79 in Northern W.Va.  I went through heavy rain for about the first 100 miles down through the state.

Kraft Maid Cabinets Peterbilt on I-77 in Beckley West Va.

These next two are headed north on I-77 near the W.Va./Virginia State line.

Bruce Oakley of Little rock Arkansas  http://bruceoakley.com/

I saw a couple of Reimer Volvos that had the big polished bumpers

Hank's Truck Forum

Early in the Trip 6-pack
« on: July 26, 2008, 06:21:42 PM »

Ray F

Re: Early in the Trip 6-pack
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »
Those are some Cool Looking Pics Paul  :-D :-D i mostly see Freightliner century Condos Pulling a the Kraftmaid Pups  :-D :-D

Joseph29

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:40:26 PM »
The photo of the Volvo in the rain came out pretty good. My favorite though would be the Bruce Oakley Pete. They have some beautiful trucks in that fleet.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 11:55:29 PM »
The Bruce Oakley Pete and the KW W900L pulling the end dump are standouts for me of this bunch; the Reimer Volvo looks good with that bull bar, too. Nice catches!  8-)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »
Nice lookin' KW with the Seminole paint scheme. Lookin' forward to the rest of your vacation pics Paul. What route did you travel down to SC and back?  :? Did the family fly back also or did you only have a 1 way truck fans delight trip?  :? :lol:

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 03:31:25 AM »
Did the family fly back also or did you only have a 1 way truck fans delight trip?

They flew back, I drove home on Sunday the 13th.  Left early and had the day to get home.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 04:41:42 AM »

They flew back, I drove home on Sunday the 13th.  Left early and had the day to get home.

:-) :-) :-). Wish my other half was so accomodating but she insists on riding shotgun this trip. :|  I'm gonna try to teach her to take truck pics like Hanks wife; just trying to convince her she needs something positive to do other than sleep.  :roll:

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 05:28:08 AM »
Interesting pics Paul. Like Jan I would go with the Oakley Pete and the Seminole KW. Quite often in Quebec, we see the Reimers trucks pulling Roadway double.  I was thinking that Roadway may be doing the same for them in the USA.

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 09:49:57 AM »
Are those curve shots at the service plaza above Beckley?
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:50 PM »
Are those curve shots at the service plaza above Beckley?

Gary, the Kraft Maid Pete is shot from the Plaza, the last two are further south, almost in Virginia.

What route did you travel down to SC and back?

I-79, US19, I-77, I-26 (Pa, W.Va., Virginia, N.C., S.C.)  The bulk of the trip is on 77.  I love the drive from Pittsburgh down to  Charlotte N.C, or just north of there, beautiful trip through the Appalacian Mountains.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 05:26:32 AM »
I call this one "Ode to Josh" (for both truck and picture, since I shot it out the side window) :-D :evil:

It's northbound on I-77 south of Fort Chiswell Va.

Fishhook

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:48:43 AM »
All your "Ode to Josh" is missing is the jersey barrier :roll:.

Great bunch of pics

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »
All your "Ode to Josh" is missing is the jersey barrier :roll:.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs