If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Another visit to the Pete dealership last week .  (Read 3085 times)

DIESEL-FUMES

• "FOREVER A FIFTH WHEEL FREAK"
    • Family Story
Another visit to the Pete dealership last week .
« on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

stopped bye the dealership and snapped a couple. Not much going on there lately.  maybe, it has something to do with the very un-friendly salesmen, that was standing next to me as I was shooting.

Truck Pictures by Terry W.

http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/Sams%20page.htm

"Preserving The History of Trucking Through Photography"

Hank's Truck Forum

Another visit to the Pete dealership last week .
« on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: Another visit to the Pete dealership last week .
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:51:44 AM »
This is the perfect picture Terry. 8-)
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

DIESEL-FUMES

• Family Story
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
 Thanks peterbilttrucker.

the only thing that made this visit not so pleasant. Was the kind of "snotty sales men" who was standing next to me. Acted like, he was doing me a big favor. by letting me take the pictures. Guess I'll have to call my connection, that I have with them. ( Regional Sales Manager ) to see if he can, fine tune his salesman's people skills a tad. Specially, since I have been going in there, Both as a driver and photographer for the past 20 years..Anyways it still won't keep me from stopping bye there. :-P

Here is one that, I thought turned out kind of neat.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:30:10 AM by DIESEL-FUMES »

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:42:16 AM »
I like both that last pic you posted, and the one that Ryan commented on! Bad deal on the snotty salesman, though - I guess they come in all kinds. Last Pete salesman I talked to was at Rush Truck Center in Tulsa, and he was the exact opposite of snotty...  :roll:

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

DIESEL-FUMES

• Family Story
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:41:15 PM »

Jan

I too was surprised by his attitude. Specially since I have taken many trucks there to be worked on. Last summer I met there sales lady at the  Waupun show. She was very pleasant and also was interested in seeing some of my work. They where doing a calender and where looking for some one to go and take some shots of there Trucks.  There customer had there new petes at the show. So I made it a point to grab some shots. Then, as a gift. I  sent a packet of my pictures to there customer. In return, I received a very-very nice e-mail . They said , my pictures where the best, they ever had seen of there equipment. In addition , they also wanted to know, how much they owed me . I e-mailed them back to thank them for the nice words.  also to let them know, the pictures where strictly a gift from a truck nut. But about a week later, I received a company jacket and hat from them in the mail. ( Very Classy )

At the same time , I also dropped off about 15- 8x10 photos to the dealership. They where pictures of the Peterbilts , that where at the Waupun show. I did it as a gift also and wasn't looking for a hug or anything. But I did think. I might receive at least a thank you. But I didn't . not even get an acknowledgment. Well that was until I ask Mr snot pants . if he seen the pictures that I had dropped off. He said yeah, i saw them laying around a couple times.   Oh well, at least the Madison Pete dealership was cool. ( Funny because there owned by the same people)  .  I also sent some of the Kenworth shots. to the Madison dealership . they called right away to say thanks.

Either way, it won't stop me from going there .... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:33:55 PM by DIESEL-FUMES »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 01:28:24 PM »
Like everything else Terry there's always gotta be someone around to spoil the party. With that attitude sounds like he might not be there long anyway.  :-D Just keep taking your pics cause i know we all enjoy them.  :wink:

Ray F

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »
Those are some Excellent pics Terry  :-o :-o :-D I like that Pete 379 flattop with the orange stripes on the hood  :-o :-o

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs