If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: N. California, S. Oregon photo spots  (Read 4073 times)

mike b

N. California, S. Oregon photo spots
« on: November 04, 2003, 11:51:16 PM »
Hi hank

It looks like you took some pictures on a recent road trip through oregon and california.. If you are ever going back through N.California and or S. Oregon and you have some extra time check out these two areas for some good photo shots..

1.Going south on I-5 take the first exit in Orland, Ca (newville exit) turn left at the end of the off ramp (east), go about a mile turn right (south) on county road-99 run that down to Maxwell,CA (aprox 25 mi).. On this route you will be going through farming country.. Look close alot of these farms have old trucks sitting out in fields or around out buildings rusting away, right off the hiway.. It has been a few years since I have gone this way but I do remember seeing a lot of old trucks from the 1960s and 70s some run most do not.. The ones that are still running are moth balled until next harvest season.. Pay close attention to the orland area..

2. Going south on US-97 in S. Oregon turn left onto cross road approx 8-miles south of Klamath Falls.. Once on cross road go about a mile, be looking to your right there is a farm that has about 25 old trucks from the 1960s and 1970s of all makes and models lined up in a row about 150 feet off the road in clear veiw..

Seeing places like the ones above really makes you appreciate the work that groups like the american truck historical society and other do to preserve old trucks..

If I had ALOT of money I would buy every one of these trucks and give them a proper retirement (restoration & museum).. But like the old saying goes dreams are best left to those who can afford them..

It is obvious that these old trucks were built tough to withstand the test of time and use.. Can the same be said for the trucks being built today?? I doubt it..

_________
mike b

Hank's Truck Forum

« on: November 04, 2003, 11:51:16 PM »

ddot430

• Regular Membership
    • My Myspace page
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 11:37:17 AM »
if you get down around northern cal on the coast you can find a lot of logging trucks
See you on down the road jack!!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 11:37:17 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs