If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Confrontations  (Read 56692 times)

werkhorse

• Global Moderator
    • TruckMadPeople
Re: Confrontations
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2015, 03:47:28 AM »
Have any of you guys ever thought of making up a smallish sign with ... Say .... Truck photographer or something like that .... And sit it in view of drivers coming and going ?
Maybe folks might not get so startled at you guys being about

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2015, 03:47:28 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2015, 10:38:40 AM »
Doubt much if would be helpful.

Results in calling attention to oneself (my lifetime experience, incognito has far more advantages that spotlight). 95% of population won't ever notice. No need whatsoever to demand their attention.

Wanta-be conspiracy-lovers won't believe your sign anyway, since they've already flunked reality.
If you don't ask, they can't say no.

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2015, 11:58:40 AM »
I'll go with, most people don't even notice

It's asking a little much of the general public to actually notice a sign..isn't it??

Maybe just a nice Hanks Truck Pictures Membership hat and a hi-vis vest!

-Ted

Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »
The high-vis vest might actually be an idea. That way people might figure there's some "official reason" for one's being there... ;)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:19 AM »
The high-vis vest might actually be an idea. That way people might figure there's some "official reason" for one's being there... ;)

Jan.
I thought of this the other day while gassing up the 4 wheeler. People get all bent out of shape & LEOs have to be called for 1 person standing by the road & snapping pics. Meanwhile GOOGLE cars roam the continent taking photos of everything & anybody in sight and no one says a word or has a problem with that. ???

Farmer13

• Regular Membership
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »
The Biggest Confrontation I have had, is Why am I taking truck picture's, after a driver is some where's around and I didn't notice him, I explain to who I am and what I'm up to and they are okay with it, If I see the driver I ask permission first and have never been turned down yet, But, My buddy Lance Cormier on other hand, hasn't been as lucky, He's the same way I am, but, he's had 4 incidents, the first one was at Dysarts in Bangor, ME where he didn't notice a driver inside the cab of the truck and the driver came out very upset and yelling, He Told him what he was up to and said he was sorry and the driver said it was fine to keep that picture, The Second Time was at a broccoli plant called Cyr Brothers, in Caribou, ME on the Washburn road that shares a building with catholic charities, that one involved the authorities being called on him, they told Lance it was private property, After the people were being very rude and upset and Lance told them what he was up to, even with the drivers consent to take picture's of their trucks, They accused him of stealing DOT Numbers to later steal the trucks and Called the Cops on him, although they couldn't press charges against Lance, Because, he told the authorities there was no Private Property Sign's posted on the area, So, How was he suppose to know, The Cop said there was nothing he could do because of it, A Simple Warning for Lance would of been nice, The Third one was in Delaware, where he didn't notice a driver and he was a good size person, yelling and looked like it was going to turn ugly and physical until after someone else helped him out, to tell the driver who he was, After the driver calmed down, he polity asked Lance to remove the picture of his truck and Lance did so, Lance also said, he never noticed the driver in his truck, Although he accused Lance of being a government scam, because, he was taking truck picture's, The last one happened up in Madawaska and Lance asked a simple question to take and the reply he got from the driver was go screw yourself, All of these incidents happen in the year's of 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, Otherwise he said he's been questioned, but, always told them what he was up to and said the drivers were okay with it and never once asked him to removed the picture's of their trucks and they always also asked polity, he always told them what he was up to, But, besides the 3 guy's of where the incident took place in this state, Maine seems to be the only state that seems to be okay with it on the east coast, But, On a side note, Lance know's alot of people and truck drivers in this state, so...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:13:48 AM by Farmer13 »
Ken Farmer

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2015, 12:32:51 AM »
The one where the cop's got called on me wasn't a fun one...
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

tery

• Regular Membership
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2016, 12:12:53 PM »
Not A Confrontation : But from a drivers experience at times when I saw someone taking my picture I had no idea who they were or why they were taking a photo of my truck . I assumed that they were working for Markel , or the carriers  insurance company . It was very inconvenient especially when I was just pulling out of a truck stop . I would note the time and then stop as soon as possible to make sure my log book matched that time at that location . Sometimes it was not possible and I expected at the least that I would receive a written reprimand or be called into the Safety Dept. I had no idea that there were truck enthusiasts or a website like Hanks ! ..... lol
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:45:45 PM by tery »

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2016, 07:11:45 PM »
This might be common knowledge for you guys but I am definitely not willing to drive through truck yards anymore lol. I was out on New Years Day doing a couple errands and decided to check out a yard full of old beaters nearby. It was mostly old beaters but it did have several beautiful rigs in there, so I took a few pictures (I thought I was by myself in the yard - terrible idea in all honesty given it was a large yard) and when I circled back around to head out this guy walked out from a old beat up FL Columbia tanker hauler that I snapped a shot of earlier) and gave me the what for. My go to in situations like that is to be totally honest and explain what I'm doing, the site, and even delete the pics if they want me to. Well the whole time this guy is chewing me out he's mentioning it's against federal law to take pictures of gas tankers. Idk if that's true or not but I'm not going through any more yards because it is just inviting trouble, there are always people in it (even at 11 am on New Year's Day) and I'm pretty sure I can get a ticket for trespassing if they do call the cops.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2016, 10:54:47 PM »
This might be common knowledge for you guys but I am definitely not willing to drive through truck yards anymore lol. I was out on New Years Day doing a couple errands and decided to check out a yard full of old beaters nearby. It was mostly old beaters but it did have several beautiful rigs in there, so I took a few pictures (I thought I was by myself in the yard - terrible idea in all honesty given it was a large yard) and when I circled back around to head out this guy walked out from a old beat up FL Columbia tanker hauler that I snapped a shot of earlier) and gave me the what for. My go to in situations like that is to be totally honest and explain what I'm doing, the site, and even delete the pics if they want me to. Well the whole time this guy is chewing me out he's mentioning it's against federal law to take pictures of gas tankers. Idk if that's true or not but I'm not going through any more yards because it is just inviting trouble, there are always people in it (even at 11 am on New Year's Day) and I'm pretty sure I can get a ticket for trespassing if they do call the cops.

It happens, For me, I live in Maine and alot of people know my father as a driver, so, it's easy for me to just have my dad call the company, before I go and ask for permission of what I want to do and that is in reality take picture's of their trucks, Or I call the ahead myself, If I'll be in the area ask, If I can get a phone number, Or If I see cars there I'll go in and ask first, I did that when I went to the Midland Terminal in Fredericton last Monday, I told them what I as there for and they said it'd be okay, If I see No Trespassing Sign's I won't go to that area, But, If I don't see those I'll go and take picture's, If I see no one there and If someone comes out, I'll explain to them what I am up to and say, If the cop's get called, I'll tell them the same thing and say I saw no Trespassing Signs, So, What can they do, If They bring you in for Trespassing or ticket you, When There is no Sign's up, Than, They are at fault and you can bring that to court
Lance C.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2016, 07:26:18 AM »
I don't know the full legalities of it, but sign or not, it's still private property and you could be held accountable for trespassing.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2016, 07:45:47 PM »
Pretty much. Just not worth risking it anymore imo. There's something about living 25 miles south of the most security conscious place on Earth that makes people extremely suspicious if they see you doing anything out of the ordinary.  It doesn't matter where I'm at or what I'm doing, if I pull the camera out people instantly get suspicious. Photography is apparently a crime around my parts.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:30 PM »
I don't know the full legalities of it, but sign or not, it's still private property and you could be held accountable for trespassing.
Paul

Don't tell me you've given up on the I thought this was the McDonalds drive thru line defense? ??? ;D

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2016, 12:11:42 AM »
Pretty much. Just not worth risking it anymore imo. There's something about living 25 miles south of the most security conscious place on Earth that makes people extremely suspicious if they see you doing anything out of the ordinary.  It doesn't matter where I'm at or what I'm doing, if I pull the camera out people instantly get suspicious. Photography is apparently a crime around my parts.

Some area's are bad for it, Some Area's are good for it, I am lucky that when ever I went some where either in this state or around the New Brunswick Canada to go to someone's fleet and take picture's they were kind enough to let me do it, other people haven't had as much luck as I have had, Although one time back in August of 2013, I did get the cop's called on me, That's why at times, When I take picture's, I do it as quick as I can and than get out of where I am at
Lance C.

The Fugitive

• Regular Membership
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2016, 01:19:50 PM »
Mooby. Dont let them grind you down It is your hobby so keep taking more pictures.      Bob.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2016, 01:19:50 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs