If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Confrontations  (Read 55572 times)

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
Re: Confrontations
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 11:31:12 PM »
Rick,
He was probably just a pure jackass.

Since im new to the hobby. And have only gone out twice for "curbside" pictures, I cant say i've ever had a problem, like you Charlie I was on a sidewalk paid by me, and the truck was on a road paid by me, so I clearly think I can take a picture part of my constitutional rights. But I guess if someone did say that too me that they didn't want their truck in it, politely, and understanding that I take pictures, and no bid deal that I can delete his picture, then no problem, i'll delete it. But if he was rude like this guy was too you, being a pure jackass, yeah i'd put my left or right into him, probably end up in jail though, ha, I do have a bit-o a temper when im pizzed off though. :-o :oops:

Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 11:31:12 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 04:36:49 AM »
Probably another reason i couldn't find the photo of the Century the guy was driving was because the A**hole doesn't even know what he drives.  :-D Turns out it's a Columbia although he repeatedly said Century.  :roll: :lol: :lol:

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »
Charlie...don't end up with a black eye over a truck picture. :roll: :evil:
I've been confronted a couple of times: :x
The driver of this Epic Express city unit tried to tell me hiscompany didn't allow photos.
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/archer/2005/oct30/epic_exp.jpg

I think he was ***kin' the dog and didn't want to be caught. :evil:

A driver from URSUS Transport asked me what I was taking a picture for but he apparently had never heard of the Internet let alone Hanks Truck Pictures. :?

I try to stay low profile, get my pics and get outta Dodge.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 07:41:35 AM »
Funny thing is 99.9% of the drivers, security and police out there are pretty cool (and intelligent) people and can carry on a conversation when you're talking to them. Then you get the .1% like this caveman who sees a conspiracy behind every event & thinks big brother actually cares about his pathetic boring life. I took pics Sunday morning in Bordentown while the cops were running a ticket campaign right in front of the Petro. 3 different cop cars passed me countless times & i never got so much as a glance.

Still debating on calling up the company & telling them i didn't appreciate being harassed by their employee. I'm just afraid i might get someone on the other end of the phone who's less intelligent & a bigger J/O than the driver was & who actually condones that type of behavior.  :-D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:32:18 AM by charlie »

pat

• Regular Membership
  • hi
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 07:45:51 AM »
I don't mind people taking pictures of my truck if doing legal things or parked.

if you caught me doing something illegal, that's a different story! :-D
filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 09:41:15 AM »
So i called up the company (small fleet based in the south) & asked to speak to someone in authority. Got the President on the line about 5 seconds later.  :-o Laid out the whole story like i did here. He apologized profusely & told me how embarrassed he was & how that is not the image he wants his company to have. Asked me to document the whole incident on paper & send it to him along with a print of the picture of the driver giving me the bird.  :-)

If nothing else this rant made me feel better. :-D  Thanks for listening. :lol: :wink:

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »
I think I might smell an ass chewing coming soon Charlie. Good job, the driver deserves some sort of talking too after that one. Watch and see if he talks that way to the president of his company. He'll be looking for a new one if he does.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Pogo Stick

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 03:40:10 PM »
" Coldcocking someone over a picture of a truck or the Truck Drivers followup attitude just is not worth the criminal record " PLEASE NOTE this is a GENERALIZED comment not directed at Charlie just my feeling that its not WORTH it thats ALL.

As for the driver getting chewed out , anyone can come on the phone as the president of a company , witnessed that more than a few times , most places respond with a yes sir or yes mam we will look right into that , then hangs up and calls the caller a twit.

I ask before taking a picture unless its a road shot , just as I like to be asked , and I never ask WHATCHA HAULIN and if they ask me I'm empty.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 02:08:56 PM by Pogo Stick »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
I think these guys were joking about coldcocking him. :roll:
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »
So i called up the company (small fleet based in the south) & asked to speak to someone in authority. Got the President on the line about 5 seconds later.  :-o Laid out the whole story like i did here. He apologized profusely & told me how embarrassed he was & how that is not the image he wants his company to have. Asked me to document the whole incident on paper & send it to him along with a print of the picture of the driver giving me the bird.  :-)
Good work, Charlie! Just read your original posting here, and man, what a sh*thead! I ceretainly hope that was the President on the line there, and that he'll take this incident up with the driver...

Coldcocking someone over a picture of a truck just is not worth the criminal record
If it weren't for the consequences, I'd coldcock him - not over the pictuyre, but over his being such a sh*thead.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

DD

• Regular Membership
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:25 PM »
Coldcocking someone over a picture of a truck just is not worth the criminal record

Not to mention getting coldclocked back. :roll:

hank

• Administrator
    • http://www.hankstruckforum/htforum
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »
Charlie and others,
I've never been confronted by anyone like you were, but last summer I was at a truck stop in La Grande, OR and I was shooting pictures of all the trucks in the truck stop. It was a hot day, so I was shooting a lot of them in the shade of the building and using my zoom lens to get close. Then one of the drivers came up to me and told me NOT to take pictures of his truck and the one beside it. He told me that he was told by his company if anyone looked suspicious, to call "The Law". I told hime what I was doing and what I did with the pictures and he was okay with that. He just told me not to post them on the web site. Turns out the plates on the trailer said, "Radio Active". I never noticed it until I got  to upload the pictures to the computer. They never went on the site. I must say though, it shook me up a bit for a good part of that trip.

One time I was trying to get some pictures of some grocery hauling trucks that we behind a fence. All of a sudden a security guard came up to me and started asking questions. Well after talking for about 10 minutes, he said, "I'm going to look the other direction now, and I won't know what you will do when I turn around." Well I didn't run, I shot pictures. What else would I do?

One other time D.F. and I went to Canadian Freightways terminal near Vancouver, BC. We went into the office and spoke to the terminal manager, who at this point because of many visits to the terminal, was a good friend to us. Well it was a miserable day, raining mostly. D.F. and I had been shooting pictures for quite a while when the security guard drives up in his car. He wanted to know what we were doing and we were to leave. Well it turned out that we were right outside the terminal manager's window. He came out into the pouring rain and told the security guard to take off. We were his guests.

From the overpass no one had ever bothered me, other than to stop and ask me what I'm doing. Usually it's the four-wheelers who stop and ask me. The truckers have more important things to do. But it is kind of funny to hear most of the truckers turn on their Jake Brakes when I aim the camera at them. I have thought of hoisting up a huge sign advertising "Hank's Truck Pictures"  NOT RADAR!!

Charlie, I hope it was the president you spoke to. It would make sense from what he said though. Trucking companies want to have a good image these days. And having a driver like that sure won't help the image.

Maybe one day, if I can scrape enough money together, I'll buy my wife this expensive embroidery machine and have a bunch of jackets made up advertising the web site and what we all like to do.

Take care out there guys, and please don't do something you might be sorry for later.

Hank Suderman

cdntrucky@shaw.ca

pat

• Regular Membership
  • hi
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
I thought about this for a little bit today. after the michael richards incident, you never know if the person behind the camera will throw you under the bus. how does that driver know you're not someone in the neighborhood watching for trucks to make mistakes and report them to the company? I have seen videos on you tube of people seeing people do bad things, recording it.

maybe that guy thought you were going to do something like that? I am not siding with him, just throwing my two pennies in.

as I am inbetween on this topic.

charlie, I have to see that picture!!!

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »
At my age i don't plan on cold cockin' anyone soon.  :-D Even if the driver had a question Pat he could have asked it in a civil manner & not have come across a total a**hole. The fact that everything took place on a public street left the driver on very thin ice by using a demanding &  intimidating style. Looking back i don't even think i'd have to delete his pic since his permission wasn't needed on a public street. In the future knowing i was in the right if i couldn't reason with a person after explaining everything & he was threatening or intimidating i'd call the police for sure & let them sort it out.

As luck  :? would have it i ran into a guy with a tripod & camera when i was out for my lunchtime pics today. Turns out he was a professional photographer for a local news station & we talked for a while. As far as privacy goes as long as the person with the camera is on a public street or in a public place a picture can be taken without permission. The street extends 10-15 feet back from the curb also so there's a lot of public space in the approach i use around truck stops. Even shooting someone or something that's on private property and you're in a public place as long as you're not using a super scope lens it's ok.

Oh & i'm gonna do a little more research on this company before sending off any statements or photos. Guy i talked to seemed like the real McCoy & truly interested but we'll see. I'll think about posting the pic for you guys.  :|

pat

• Regular Membership
  • hi
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »
i agree he came off like an A-hole charlie, not arguing that. I'm on your side here ;)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs