If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: its always a mess leaving denver.....  (Read 12309 times)

pat

• hi
its always a mess leaving denver.....
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:40:13 AM »
I finally get a laod, and go to denver to get an empty trailer. The shipper closes at 17:00
I get there at 4:30pm. I'm done loaded at about 5:20. I get my bills and the guy says:

"You are getting 46,636 pounds"

You see, I have a pig of a truck, and with full tanks of fuel, I can barely make a 44,500lb load scale.

And here is where its really **, I am below a 1/4 tank of fuel. lol. I scaled out to be only 500pounds over GVW (Gross vehicle weight, max of 80,000lbs, for you non truck drivers)

So now the shipper is closed, and I have to stay in denver tonight, and get this taken care of first thing in the morning at 0600. So typical leaving denver. It is a damn good california bound load though, that I do not want to lose!!  Bill of lading and cat scale ticket:

fullsize: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff13/pat95324/IMG_4557-1.jpg

On a side note, I decided recently on staying out 2.5weeks, then coming home; I think I changed my mind again. I'm going to stay out longer, and go to florida for my time off. Not sure if I will take anymore time off in Colorado

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:34:00 AM by Rob Archer »
filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Hank's Truck Forum

its always a mess leaving denver.....
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:40:13 AM »

Andy

Re: its always a mess leaving denver.....
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:47:59 AM »
 Don't post angry/insulting cuss filled rants on this board. It's no fun to be subjected to all that angry negativity. Besides that, you look like an angry child who isn't getting his way when you do it

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 11:34:52 AM »
EDITED
No more profanity please Pat.

pat

• hi
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »
Don't post angry/insulting cuss filled rants on this board. It's no fun to be subjected to all that angry negativity. Besides that, you look like an angry child who isn't getting his way when you do it
you deal with this everytime you leave home, ok?

Andy

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
you deal with this everytime you leave home, ok?

I spent my 27th birthday lost in Brooklyn and finally finding the warehouse only to hand unload a floor load of 50 lb boxes of diapers and tampons after not sleeping for 2 days. I never got paid or reimbursed for the verazano tolls either. Guess what? That's trucking. Deal with it or get a new gig.

Every job has tough days and glitches but to get on the internet and vent to your cyber friends condescendingly is downright childish and pretty darn stupid. No offense.

pat

• hi
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 07:08:17 PM »
that sound slike your problem going in to brooklyn. Evrybody knows what to expect going into brooklyn.

I have every right to be angry, and express my anger in whichever way I want. If you don't like it, Don't read it. It's as simple as that. I stated to Rob, this was an accident, I posted it elsewhere and copy/pasted.

here is what I deal with leaving home:

stuck in denver nov 12-20 no freight. get assigned overweight beer load just to get out of town

jan 22 supposed to leave, no load
jan 23 get sent to coors for a non existant load. get assigned another load 4 hours later picking up in aspen. (i refused that one, so I'm not complaining about the aspen load)
jan 24 get assigned a load to portland. well, i'm dropping it in denver. its 8am, and its a live load at 2pm, just to get it loaded, and stage it for another driver.
jan 24 5pm finally assigned a load out of denver. at 5pm, 2 days later.

feb 11  available 6am. 1pm pickup loaded trailer, just to find they gave loaded trailer to a guy that was supposed to be live load. i lose 5hours getting trailer loaded

mar 4 live load at nestle waters by 5pm. get there 430 (after being available since 0600) by the time i am laoded, its after 5 they are closed. 46,636lbs in a trailer attached to a truck that will only scale out with a max of 44,500.

long story short, i spent all morning on mar5 dealing with load, and getting it UNLOADED and waiting all day till today for a load.

like i said, if you don't like sailor's language, get off my boat.

supershowrigs.com

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 07:11:31 PM »
everyone lay off pat.. he is just mad he hasnt had any hot hitch-hikers in a while.. the dude is craving it!!!  :-D

pat

• hi
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 07:12:30 PM »
shut up stupid!

Dwayne

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 09:00:19 PM »
EDITED
No more profanity please Pat.

So two of you went over that post and neither one of you noticed he put "laod" in the 1st sentence?

Dwayne

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »
like i said, if you don't like sailor's language, get off my boat.

~shhhhhtttt~ Err, I like your boat driver.. come on :wink: ~sssshhhhhhhhttttt~

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »
Pat,are you saying that Nestle never reloaded you back?

Why Sni are playing yo-yo with you??Seems like they're doing everything to lost a good guy...
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 10:58:47 PM »
Pat, it sounds like your asking yourself the question, What Can Brown Do For You? :wink:

Ok guys, Pat admitted that he copy and pasted, honest mistake, we all do it, he apologized, and Rob and him dealt with it peacefully. As far as im concerned this is a dead subject and Pat can move on.

Drive on driver, I mean sailor. :wink:
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

pat

• hi
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 04:48:34 AM »
Pat,are you saying that Nestle never reloaded you back?

Why Sni are playing yo-yo with you??Seems like they're doing everything to lost a good guy...
they wouldn't reload me because the consignee did not want to cut it 1 pallet short. so they were going to load it on another carriers trailer. another driver could not get his tandems to scale legal to go to the same consignee in california. looks like the shipper and consignee are going to find out fast you can't load 46,636lbs to california.

I am considering moving to florida, and leasing onto great wide

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 05:44:07 AM »
Alright guys..........c'mon and lay off Pat, let him continue his story.
He explained to me, I accepted his explanation.

Pascal...what does SNI care about a single driver in their fleet?
They have thousands.

Unfortunately Pat; sounds like when you go home to Denver they have a hard time getting you back out. I guess there aren't very many Pumpkin customers in Denver.

It's late winter here in North America and everyone is getting grouchy.
Lighten up please guys.

bernie

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 07:09:17 AM »
that sound slike your problem going in to brooklyn. Evrybody knows what to expect going into brooklyn.

and you know what to expect getting (trying) to get outta denver

I have every right to be angry, and express my anger in whichever way I want. If you don't like it, Don't read it. It's as simple as that. I stated to Rob, this was an accident, I posted it elsewhere and copy/pasted.

yeah, be angry, but just gotta member this aint faz's place...i forget all the time, lol.....

you really do need to hook onto another carrier...its called business, theyve shown it over and over that theyre not gonna take care of ya (the reason(s) why is completely irrelevant) theres 11ty others to go to...hey im at the house right now...my load here was to be ready at 2100, got there, asked him realistically when it would be ready, he said 0100, so slept til 0500, (load had lotsa extra time built into it), checked in, wasnt ready...went for shower and bkfst came back and waited til 1100 when it was ready and took off...got paid waiting time from 2100-1100  :mrgreen:

theres companies out there thatll be better for ya...pull the trigger, son  :wink:

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 07:09:17 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs