If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Toront Peterbrough Transport  (Read 14431 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
Re: Toront Peterbrough Transport
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 02:46:55 PM »
OK; that's something I didn't know. Where were those trucks maintained I wonder?
Learned something new today;
Thanks Harry.
 :-D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 02:46:55 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 07:47:03 PM »
Harry,
A friend of mine owns one of your old long hood Louisville's with a bunk. The truck is a 1976 and you had it leased to a chemical company maybe Reichold Chemicals. The trucks was painted white and red with a grey stripe. They have completley restored the truck back to the original red and white. As mentioned in another thread Constable Transport from Thorold also ran a similiar LTL Louisville.
CJ, sorry to get off topic....

harryscott

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 12:37:01 PM »
Hi Chris -The Ford tractor you speak of was owned by Woods Trucking of Weston and they had it leased to General Printing Ink and they always referred to tractor as Black Beauty. I didn,t take control of the company untill 1988 when we merged Scott Cartage with Woods.They had several lease contracts when I took over and you are right that Reichhold Chemical was one of Woods  long time customers.

JUNIOR

• Regular Membership
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 02:17:09 AM »
TPT is were i got my start in trucking my Dad worked out of the Hamilton teminal in the seventies and I and the grand old age of 12 got to go down and clean the yard and pull weeds in the summer I remember a bunch of old Dodge tractors. Dad drove an old dodge with a Vintage bug screen that somebody put soapy Bob on because he was always at P&g hauling soap.
I also remember a bunch of old slab cab cabovers with a nonexsistant wheelbase and wondered how they never fell over

Junior

steve

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 08:17:42 AM »
my dad repaired trailers for diversy jim kelly streetsville

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 10:02:13 AM »
Hey guys,it's a real delight to read you all about those old days trucking day to day history.Thank you for sharing.

samuel21

Re: Toronto Peterborough Transport
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 01:55:58 PM »
My father was the president of T.P.T in the late 60's before he and Charlie Hoar started a company called Freightmaster. I worked at T.P.T. when I was a kid. Painting buildings, fueling trucks at night, fixing the dock bumpers. I think I was 14 then. The terminal was on Sunrise Ave, off O'Connor Drive in those days. I think it ended up combined with Hoar Transport after that property was sold and the tank division went to Concord. If anyone has any memories I would love to hear them.

Sam
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:36:50 PM by samuel21 »

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 09:20:54 AM »
samuel welcome, what happened to Freightmaster I remember all those yellow trailers with green lettering, how big did Freightmaster get in its hey day, were you involved in trucking...CJ

ltmdwb

• Regular Membership
    • Dale's Truck Insignia Patches
Re: Toronto Peterbrough Transport
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »
Here is one of their old patches:

see part of my freight company patch exhibit or help me identify some at:
http://ltmdwb.multiply.com/

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 02:28:08 PM by ltmdwb »
Dale
Psalm 51:10-12

see part of my more than 2,500 piece freight company patch exhibit or help me identify some at:
You can see this project as it develops at my new site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/truck_company_insignia_patches/sets

samuel21

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 04:31:34 AM »
I think the TPT was not far from Howland Rd near downtown. I was never there. The company was started in 1927 by my grandfather Cliff Tanner and was sold to CN around 1960. It ran with the yellow, red and black decals on the two tone blue and white CN cabs for a number of years. My father Bob Tanner ran it for them until 1967 I think.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:38:40 PM by samuel21 »

carl roy

Re: Toronto Peterbrough Transport
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 05:41:38 AM »
I am glad to see more about T.P.T. The day they sold out my heart was cut out with that news. One more  company that went to the rail road. As a kid when Smith went to c.p. I was very sad. Than my favourite freight carrier going rail was another kick in the teeth.
I guess you were brought up rooting for the Peterbrough Petes in the Junior A hockey and not the Marlies?

samuel21

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »
Yes, I used to go to the Sunday double header Jr. games when the Petes were in town, St. Mike' s and the Marlies played a game each on those afternoons. Dave Keon played for St. Mike's in those years. Scottie Bowman coached the Petes to the Memorial Cup one of those years. Stan Makita played for St. Catherines. Jacques Caron, the Petes goalie went on to become Richard Brodeur's goaltending coach. Lots of memories.
I was a National Account Manager for International for about 24 of the 30 years I worked for them.  One of the accounts I had for a couple of years was CNX / CN Trucking which became Transport Route Canada. Kind of ironic. I also had Smith & CPX, all of which became CP Transport and finally Interlink. I also had Highland until Transforce purchased it in 2005.  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:39:26 PM by samuel21 »

wig wag

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 02:42:45 AM »
A couple of things here.  I remember one of the T.P.T. White 7000's tow'd into the shop at Cummins for an insurance
job. It had been doused with some corrosive that had stripped most of the paint off the cab. They where trying to asses
any damage to the engine, as it being a slab cab had a lot of engine exposed.
The second item is for Samuel. What was the name of the International dealer on St. Clair by Canada Packers.
Art Apps had a Mack on with Reichold, (Maybe a Hey/Mack) before he started Sundown Tank Lines.
While I have the attention on some of you young fella's Does any one remember Sandan Leasing. I think they occupied
the old Conner Sand and Gravel shop on Creditstone & Hwy 7 (Pinecrest Speedway)

carl roy

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »
San Dan Leasing was an account of mine when I had the garage in Oshawa. They use to lease trailers to Dunlop Tire in Whitby Ontario.
They also had a deal with Dunlop for a tractor and driver.

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »
A couple of things here.  I remember one of the T.P.T. White 7000's tow'd into the shop at Cummins for an insurance
job. It had been doused with some corrosive that had stripped most of the paint off the cab. They where trying to asses
any damage to the engine, as it being a slab cab had a lot of engine exposed.
The second item is for Samuel. What was the name of the International dealer on St. Clair by Canada Packers.
Art Apps had a Mack on with Reichold, (Maybe a Hey/Mack) before he started Sundown Tank Lines.
While I have the attention on some of you young fella's Does any one remember Sandan Leasing. I think they occupied
the old Conner Sand and Gravel shop on Creditstone & Hwy 7 (Pinecrest Speedway)

The International dealer on St. Clair was, for the longest time, a factory branch George.

Remember Sandan quite well.
Back in the pre-historic leasing days, I photographed a really nice Freightliner for them a Curry Hill.
Right-wing Old School.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »