If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: The Coward.  (Read 10758 times)

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
Re: The Coward.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »
Reputation, and being professional is two of the biggest things for UPS. When a customer sees that big acorn, they know they can trust us, and that is something very important to UPS, and they depend on us, the drivers, to be the front line people to uphold this duty to the company.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
I wonder if that used to be the case with, say, Swift, some years ago as well...?  :|

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 03:41:16 PM »
Reputation, and being professional is two of the biggest things for UPS. When a customer sees that big acorn, they know they can trust us, and that is something very important to UPS, and they depend on us, the drivers, to be the front line people to uphold this duty to the company.
It's not the acorn that makes the customers cringe, it's that Overnite diamond on the fairings of a lot of the Freight tractors. :wink:

I agree, sometimes I think a lot of these companies are just hiring people just to get more freight moved.  I can't help it, but there needs to be a higher demand for responsible drivers.

Updated 8/10/2018

Jimmy B

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 02:05:21 AM »
I wonder if that used to be the case with, say, Swift, some years ago as well...?  :|

Jan.

Never, Swift has always been considered a training company, a place to go to get trained. I first started to notice them back about 1980, not a lot of respect for them then, and things haven't changed since. Always the low of the lowest paid drivers, so most never stay longer than about 2 or 3 years, although this is a generalization.

Jimmy B
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:52:54 AM by Jimmy B »

Kryten428

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 06:36:56 AM »
Stumbled onto some videos of s Swift driver filming his trainer in various situations on You Tube.  Can't remember the URL's but a You Tube internal search for Swift should bring them up.  Comments might be worth a giggle if nothing else.

pat

• hi
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »
I will have to take a look!
filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs