If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: The Coward.  (Read 10667 times)

pat

• hi
The Coward.
« on: February 24, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »
this thread is dedicated to the coward swift driver heading to the Corinne wal mart dc this morning.

I got off the highway, he was already on the road i exited onto, way off in the distance.

it was a 2 lane merge to 1, Ryan probably knows what I am talking about.

Being a swift driver bobtailing, he is obviously is going to wal mart, and knows the road. I vauguely remember this road, as i went here almost 2 years ago.

As its about to merge, i see this A-hole hauling ass. Its obviously not a 65 zone. I put my signal on and start to move over. all of a sudden he really wants to be in front of me, and runs me off into the shoulder.

I call him every name in the book over the cb, but as we know, they hardly have cb's.

We get to one of the stretches of road where you veer to the left to get to wal mart. Its then a 65 zone, he high tails it, and is on his governor.

He then goes into wal mart, almost runs the guard over, and since he is bobtailing, he gets let in quickly.i have to wait. as he is pulling from the shack, he cuts his lights. this is about 5:30am, still dark.

then hightails it over to the swift bobtail parking area. obviously trying to avoid a confrontation.

This guy is lucky i did not find him. and he is also lucky i could not make out his truck number.
filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Hank's Truck Forum

The Coward.
« on: February 24, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »

Chad

Re: The Coward.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:46:36 PM »
It's ok to be scared Pat. If you had caught up to the truck him and his student would of had their way with ya! :roll: :-D

pat

• hi
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »
It's ok to be scared Pat. If you had caught up to the truck him and his student would of had their way with ya! :roll: :-D
hahahhahahahaha. now thats a good reply!

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:40:31 PM »
Yep, I followed you through your description... what an idiot. I see many stupid things out that way with so many Swifties. :roll:
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Chad

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:46:21 PM »
Not bashin Swift i'm just sayin.

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »
Your meaning to say that this driver actually knew how to pass, and didn't wreck. :-o Someone call Swift, I think they have a stolen truck out there.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

pat

• hi
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 04:05:57 AM »
he was probably a senior experienced driver, with 4months behind the wheel

Cookieman

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 03:04:20 PM »
I was listening in to a Swift driver trainer talking to some drivers over the CB up near Fergus, On. Apparently he can't understand why people are always picking on Swift, sure they have a lot of trainees but they also have some guys like him, ya know senior drivers - hes just about had three years in. Also said he only trains in spring, summer and fall.Said he mostly goes up to Canada and has a hard enough time not wrecking himself so he sure doesn't want some trainee with him.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
Pretty impressive...  :x

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

pat

• hi
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »
he cant understand why?

man, even stevie wonder can probably see why they get picked on.

Dwayne

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »
he was probably a senior experienced driver, with 4months behind the wheel

rofl, I was in CT last week in a TA shop buying a flasher breaker for the truck, when this werner driver sparked up a conversation with me about trucks.. well after a little bit he reveals he's got whole 6yr behind the wheel 4 of those as a trainer.. and i thought to myself wow.. 2yrs on the road isn't enough to train anyone..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 06:21:07 PM by Dwayne »

MackMixer

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
Them guys are not too swift behind the wheel  :roll:

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »
Its not just Swift.

I was getting on the freeway in Spokane not too long ago, and a women Werner driver was in the left lane when I was getting on. Well after I was getting on and almost to the end of the on ramp, she decides that she no longer needs to let me in and gets right back over, and im already up to around 55 or 60, I finally realize shes not joking about running me off the road, so i slam down the brakes and get it stopped before I go in the ditch. I get it back going and catch up to the Werner truck, and yes I did call her every name I knew as well, not my proudest moment, but she could have killed me and her both. She comes back and cant understand why I called her all those foul names, and I go didn't you see me on your door merging when you got back over, and didn't you see me fishtailing back there trying not to wreck after you ran me off the road. Well no, but you need your mouth washed out old man. Guess its getting about time to step out of the seat when they start calling me old an run me off the road. But I do believe in Karma, and had the same thing happened to her, there wouldn't be much of a Werner truck left. :| :roll:

Dwayne, i've got 27, im still a rookie, and if anyone takes advice from me, or tried to learn anything good from me, it wouldn't be good. My dad has been around awhile, and he is the only other driver I can really trust, no offense to anyone, but he's turning over 50 years behind the wheel in another year.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 03:16:21 PM »
Its not just Swift.

I was getting on the freeway in Spokane not too long ago, and a women Werner driver was in the left lane when I was getting on. Well after I was getting on and almost to the end of the on ramp, she decides that she no longer needs to let me in and gets right back over, and im already up to around 55 or 60, I finally realize shes not joking about running me off the road, so i slam down the brakes and get it stopped before I go in the ditch. I get it back going and catch up to the Werner truck, and yes I did call her every name I knew as well, not my proudest moment, but she could have killed me and her both. She comes back and cant understand why I called her all those foul names, and I go didn't you see me on your door merging when you got back over, and didn't you see me fishtailing back there trying not to wreck after you ran me off the road. Well no, but you need your mouth washed out old man. Guess its getting about time to step out of the seat when they start calling me old an run me off the road. But I do believe in Karma, and had the same thing happened to her, there wouldn't be much of a Werner truck left. :| :roll:

Dwayne, i've got 27, im still a rookie, and if anyone takes advice from me, or tried to learn anything good from me, it wouldn't be good. My dad has been around awhile, and he is the only other driver I can really trust, no offense to anyone, but he's turning over 50 years behind the wheel in another year.

I agree.  Not every swift driver is bad, but there is enough of them to hurt the image of the company, that can be said for all major carriers though, I have seen some of our Schneider drivers do some really dumb things :-(

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »
I agree.  Not every swift driver is bad, but there is enough of them to hurt the image of the company, that can be said for all major carriers though, I have seen some of our Schneider drivers do some really dumb things :-(

When I stopped by Western Distributing in Denver yesterday, I noticed a sign set up by their gate so every driver going out the gate could see it... It said: "Our reputation depends on you". A very good point for all drivers to remember, I believe - not just Western's drivers, of course, but drivers from all companies.

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs