If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 220683 times)

bellydumper

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »
i am from chino valley arizona about 90 miles north of phoenix lots of cow trucks and dirt trucks in this part of the state no good truck stops for about a 100 miles.but lots of trucks.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

MAGMAN

• Regular Membership
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 11:30:04 AM »
Warminster, U.K. 120 miles SW of London, 20-minutes drive from 4,000-year old Stonehenge, 25-minutes drive from the old Roman city of Bath. On the outskirts of Salisbury Plain and Longleat Estate. 1-hour from the coast and two and a half hours drive from the tunnel connecting England with Europe. Live in a little old cottage built in 1734 with roses and honeysuckle round the front porch. Sounds ikinda deal except that I have to travel 12,000-miles to Australia or 4,000 miles to Michigan or Canada to see some real trucks! Still, no complaints.

VNfan

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 12:11:32 PM »
Maybe I should place my home compared to some known places too :-P.

I live 30 min drive from the city of Bergen, 500 metres from the coast (fjord), one kilometer (3/4 mile) from the ruins of Lysekloster, a 1000 years old monestery that actually owned the entire west Norway, and same distance from the violinist Ole Bull's castle, on Lys?en. Both these attrack loads of tourists every summer, especially germans and americans.

And 15 min drive from the village center :-P.

The Fixer

• Regular Membership
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2006, 03:39:26 PM »
I'm from Milton Ontario, Canada. It's about 40km's west from Toronto.

takin-care-of-business

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 08:14:01 PM »
Newbie here...... but love this site!

I live in Shawnee, Kansas a suburb of the Kansas City. Grew up in Poplar Bluff, MO.

My office overlooks the main road into the BNSF container/intermodal distribution center in Kansas City, KS. So I get to see container, autohauler, and hazmat rigs all day long while @ work. Nice, huh?!

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2006, 08:41:16 PM »
Sounds awesome!
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Alan Drake

• Regular Membership
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2006, 10:44:44 AM »
   I come from Kettering in the UK  I am 70 miles north of London in the East Midlands

Guido Wolfs

• Regular Membership
    • http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/guido_wolfs.htm
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »
Hi folks,

I live in Gronsveld in the Netherlands, or Holland, whatever you prefer. Gronsveld is: 5 km south of Maastricht. 220 km southeast of Amsterdam. 200 km southeast of Rotterdam. 111 km east of Brussels in Belgium. 300 km northeast of Paris in France. 90 km west of Cologne. 300 km northwest of Frankfurt am Main, and 660 km southwest of Berlin, all in Germany.

Turbo

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2006, 10:38:57 PM »
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2006, 08:19:15 PM »
Baltimore, Maryland, USA (or Bawlmer, Murlin as some locals pronounce it), within sight of the junction of I-70 and I-695 a/k/a the Baltimore Beltway.

Washington, DC (about 40 miles south) isn't the only city to call the road encircling it "The Beltway", besides, Baltimore's is older :-D
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

anthonysdad

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2006, 03:36:48 PM »
well I was born in southeast Kansas in a little town named Iola. Have lived in Pearland TX? a suburb of Houston since first grade. I haul liquified Helium in tanks called Dewars.? my company truck is a 2001 IH 9400I I pull a 45 ft Great dane ribbed side box trailer with a 4000 lb Maxon lift gate. I service 124 Magnetic Resonance Imaging centers and Hospitals across the state of TX and western Louisiana. I refill the MRI machines with the liquid Helium. a MRI machines coil must maintain a tempature of -452 Degrees to be super conductive the Liquified Helium is what keeps it at that tempature. pretty interesting job not many people in the business.

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2006, 04:27:42 PM »
well I was born in southeast Kansas in a little town named Iola. Have lived in Pearland TX? a suburb of Houston since first grade. I haul liquified Helium in tanks called Dewars.? my company truck is a 2001 IH 9400I I pull a 45 ft Great dane ribbed side box trailer with a 4000 lb Maxon lift gate. I service 124 Magnetic Resonance Imaging centers and Hospitals across the state of TX and western Louisiana. I refill the MRI machines with the liquid Helium. a MRI machines coil must maintain a tempature of -452 Degrees to be super conductive the Liquified Helium is what keeps it at that tempature. pretty interesting job not many people in the business.

Not many people means more$$$$ for you!!!
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Daniel

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2006, 04:46:46 PM »
1 1/2 hours northwest of Sydney, New south wales Australia, in the Hawksbury area. 15 mins north of Windsor. i drive around all of Sydney, and some country driving in a flat top hino crane truck.

Trashman

• We Cater Weddings
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2006, 06:39:17 PM »
4 miles north of Newark International Airport, right on the banks of the crystal clear, mountain fresh Passaic River HAHA.

Thankfully I live about 20 minutes north in Palisades Park, NJ

cliffjona

• Regular Membership
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2006, 07:05:31 AM »
I'm 3 miles south of Coventry , England which is right in the centre, have trucked all over Europe,: Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, France, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, and Once to Sweden not forgetting Luxemberg. just got back from 10 day's in Canada, London, Ontario to be exact.
Dieseldog 101

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2006, 07:05:31 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs