If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 220156 times)

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 06:15:43 PM »
I'm from St-Hyacinthe,the ''frenchy-est'' city in North America.30 milles or so(50 km) east from Montreal.Beautiful but so boring city...
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 06:15:43 PM »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 06:49:31 PM »
A little town called Perry in Utah. I'm less than a mile from I-15, right next to highway 89, and a few miles from a Flying J. I can get a lot of good truck pictures around here. :mrgreen:
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

mike b

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 06:53:25 PM »
I live in a town called Medford which is  about 30 mi. north of the California border  in southwestern  Oregon.  As most of you already  know I'm a truck driver, I do a dedicated run that takes me as far south  as Fresno California, and as far North as Portland Oregon.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 06:56:20 PM by mike b »

Douglas Macfie

• Regular Membership
  • Those were the times
    • http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~macfie/speedway.htm
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 07:04:34 PM »
Originally from the south shore of Montreal city of St Lambert
Spent time in Quebec City , moved back to south shore - St Lambert
then moved to Perth Ont. did not stay long
now back in Montreal on the West Island in the city of Dollard des Ormeaux

Actively looking for a good job on the South Shore

mike b

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »
A little town called Perry in Utah. I'm less than a mile from I-15, right next to highway 89, and a few miles from a Flying J. I can get a lot of good truck pictures around here. :mrgreen:

Back in my flat bed days I  use to haul steel out of a plant in Plymouth Utah, if memory serves me Plymouth is not to far from where you live? For the life of me I cannot remember the name of that steel plant.

Steve Slocum

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006, 07:45:09 PM »
I'm in Western N. Y. a little town called Perry. We used to have a lot of industry here, but over the years most of it went south. Dairy farms, a factory that makes cookies, and the near by Morton Salt plant keep the local economy going.

steve61

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2006, 09:09:39 PM »
Hello all,I just joined this forum.I am an owner/operator hauling containers out of Charleston,SC where I live.

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006, 09:10:34 PM »
Bakersfield, CA... aprox. 100 miles north of Los Angeles

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2006, 09:22:45 PM »
Back in my flat bed days I? use to haul steel out of a plant in Plymouth Utah, if memory serves me Plymouth is not to far from where you live? For the life of me I cannot remember the name of that steel plant.

If we're thinkin' about the same place where you picked up those loads, you might be thinkin' about Nucor Steel or Vulcraft. I go down 900 North in Brigham City on my bike to check out the trucks there sometimes. Nucor's not really in Plymouth but it's close and that's the only steel plant I can think of in this area. :wink:
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

mike b

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006, 09:42:14 PM »
If we're thinkin' about the same place where you picked up those loads, you might be thinkin' about Nucor Steel or Vulcraft. I go down 900 North in Brigham City on my bike to check out the trucks there sometimes. Nucor's not really in Plymouth but it's close and that's the only steel plant I can think of in this area. :wink:

The last time I was at that steel mill was back in 1999, so my memory is a little foggy.  From what I can remember this plant sat out in an open area all by itself, I think there was a Chevron truck stop not too far away.  It might not have been a plant it could have been just a warehouse, either way it was big!

jtg

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 09:49:31 PM »
 I'm in Park Falls Wisconsin. up in the northern part of the state.

yardman

• Regular Membership
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2006, 10:34:26 PM »
Brampton Ontario...north west Suburb of Toronto Canada

bkentr

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 10:41:26 PM »
greetings,
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I live in Veneta, Oregon. ?A podunk town that used to be a
lumber mill town a long time ago. Been here 18 years now.

It's easy to find, just head down I-5 from Portland about 100 miles,
pass up exit 199 at Coburg, that's the truck stop exit, and take the next one,
that's Belt Line road, head west, ?follow belt line untill it t-bones into Hwy 126,
also known as west 11th, turn right, thats west again, then about 12 miles
to the one stoplight in Veneta, turn left, over the train tracks, two more blocks,
turn right, down to 4th street, and there we are , on the left, right accross from
the laundry mat. ? ? ? ? lol

My truck driving was done mostly in the SF Bay area,Calif. Local, mostly construction.

Local is Eureka in the north, Sacramento west, Fresno south east, and Monteray south.

now fabricating/welding/and assembling dump trucks/flat beds in Junction City, Oregon.

If you just see Eugene, Oregon on the map, that's about 15 miles from home and work.
Also just 15 miles from home to work.

kentr
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 10:44:34 PM by bkentr »

maniac

• Regular Membership
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 12:57:26 AM »
Bethel Ct, right next to Danbury Ct on I-84, 60 miles north of NYC

Grew up in Brooklyn NY, started driving trucks there in 1971, one of my first jobs was hauling fill into the world trade center site in lower Manhattan.

Currently haul hazmat for a dedicated customer right in Ct, down to Jersey, unload, to Philly to pick up and back up to Ct. Home everyday,  :-D been in all 48 though.

I am 10 miles away from this http://www.goldenagetruckmuseum.com/

K-Whopper

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2006, 02:07:37 AM »
Howdy everyone, I live downunder in Christchurch, New Zealand and work as a vehicle safety inspector on cars and trucks (prefer trucks!)
We have a wide range of trucks from all around the world here and 8x4 configuration trucks with 4 axle trailers are very common, as well as 6x4 tractors with 4,5 or 6 axle B-trains.
Diesel fuel here is hovering around the NZ$1.00 a liter mark at the moment with petrol at around NZ$1.40 a liter. :|

Check out my shots on Hanks site at? ?www.hankstruckpictures.com/rwd.htm

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2006, 02:07:37 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs