If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 220116 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Where are you from?
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:33:40 AM »
We have members of this Forum from all over the world.
So, where's everybody from?

I'm from Mississauga near Toronto- Province of Ontario - (wonderful) Country of Canada.

Hank's Truck Forum

Where are you from?
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:33:40 AM »

coe kid

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 07:10:19 AM »
Pocahontas Ar, about 150 miles north of Little Rock.

Lil Pete Boy

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 07:23:36 AM »
Northwest Chicago.Nice views of trucks almost everywhere.  :-D

VNfan

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 07:38:18 AM »
I live at the countryside outside Os, just south of Bergen, western Norway (Europe :-P). No trucks here.... But ah, well, I'll be driving a truck myself in half a year, so who cares :-D.

John M. Pasko

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 07:53:27 AM »
All my trucking days were based out of the Scranton, PA (Poconos) area of Northeastern Pennsylvania. With regularity, I trucked to all of the cities in the Northeast and Midwest, with a heavy emphasis on the NYC metro area, and pretty much everwhere east of the Mississippi River and north of the Mason-Dixon line. Of course there was the occasional trip to California and? Florida, etc. I still consider PA to be my "trucking" home although I have lived in Illinois for the last 28 years and haven't been trucking since the mid-seventies. I run a medium size construction company now but never lost my fondness for trucks. :-)
John.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 07:02:50 AM by John M. Pasko »
"Been there... done that."

yellow jacket

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »
I was born in Flint ,Mi. started truckin from a little town in northwest lower Mi. called  Ellsworth     we had a run 2times a week to mebane North carolina  this was late 1977 we used a40' flatbed with 9' spread we built 4' sides out of steel so we could haul coal back to the factory. and look like a covered wagon. :wink:

BIG JOHN

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 09:08:47 AM »
Harry Truman`s home town, Independence, Missouri.
I run a regular trip from Kansas City, Mo. to Springfield,Mo. 5 nights a week.
I drive a T800 KW day cab with a 53ft van.
TRUCKIN` FOR AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve_WI

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 11:17:39 AM »
Not like its hard to tell where Im from, hence the name, but to be more specific, I live about 10 miles or so outside of Janesville, Wisconsin, USA.  Janesville is probably best known for the big ol General Motors plant that despite being one of the oldest if not the oldest plant of GM's it survived the big cut a few months back.  GM is a very big part of the local economy and if it was to go, it would be a very big blow that I doubt we could recover. The local plant makes SUV's. Lear Seats also has a plant here.

Just south of Janesville, and about 15 miles away from me is Beloit, WI, home to ABC Supply the largest building supply company in the country.  The guy who owns that Ken Hendricks also owns a 200 + truck trucking company by the name of Blackhawk Transport and well Mr. Hendricks has done wonders to the local area.  Blackhawk Transport is based in Beloit with terminals in Ft. Worth, TX, Glendale, AZ and a few more locations in the east.
Dec. 23, 2008 The end of an era at GM Janesville.

953S

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 01:04:15 PM »
Renton, Washington, which is just outside of Seattle. PACCAR has a few facilities here along with the KW plant - PACCAR Parts, ITD (Information Technology Division), and Kenworth R & D. Boeing Commercial also has a plant here where they make some of their smaller planes, but I forget which ones. Renton is also known for its traffic on the two freeways that pass through it - Highway 167 and I-405.

rollindown75

• Regular Membership
  • rollindown75
    • www.kpexperience.com
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 02:44:52 PM »
I live in Atlanta,Georgia but often dream about living in beautiful Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
Kevin..
1/87 BUILDER/COLLECTOR

Felipe Garcia

• Regular Membership
    • FelipeGarcia | Aviation & Truck Photography
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 03:26:47 PM »
Born in Monterrey, Mexico, where the current International (planta Escobedo) and Marcopolo (Polomex S.A.) plants are, and where the old Ramirez and Pena Motor plants used to be. But living in Panama City, near the former Canal Zone.
My website
Truck Photography, Mixers and more.
http://www.felipe-garcia.net
UPDATED 13JUL12

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 04:16:08 PM »
About half an hour southeast of Paul Kane. :wink:
Jim

Camstyn

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 04:24:03 PM »
Agassiz, BC.

Larry Heyns

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 04:49:11 PM »
My wife and I live in the small town of Coloma, Michigan. ?We are about 15 miles from Lake Michigan and two miles from Paw Paw Lake. ?The farmers here grow peaches, apples, grapes and cherries. ?With the departure of heavy industry over the years, our area has turned to wineries, antique malls, and U-pick orchards for visitors from Chicago.

I have trucked in 45 of the lower 48 plus Ontario for 39 years. ?With the U.S. Army, I lived in Del City, Oklahoma and Colorado Springs, Colorado. ?In civilian life, I was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan and have lived in Sedalia, Missouri, Edwardsville, Illinois and Ottawa, Illinois. ? ? ?

benrk

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 05:47:29 PM »
Asked where I'm from, I still have to say Berlin,Germany it's somehow unique.

I'm living in Hannover, Germany though, since '88 I think.
Hannover has got the Volkswagen Comercial Vehicles plant & is home to Continental tieres, belts & other rubber.
We've got the largest fair grounds in the world & host "CeBIT" the largest computer fair in the world as well as bi-anually the truck part of the IAA, Europe's largest car show (IAA cars is every other year in Frankfurt)

It's location is what I call the gate to the north, german A2, part of Paris-Moscow route & A7, part of Oslo-Basel route are crossing here, joining A7 southbound will give you a pretty new & well conditioned 30km of 3-laned & unrestricted freeway :evil:

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 05:47:29 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs