If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Tank Lines That Have Faded Into History  (Read 52958 times)

wbache

Re: Tank Lines That Have Faded Into History
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 06:39:18 PM »
Cool Transport - based out of the Los Angeles, CA area

I believe they are still in business --one went by as I was getting situated in my spot along the 605---he was headed north--truck and trailer

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 06:39:18 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

DAVID350

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 06:44:54 PM »
Davis Process

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 10:12:37 PM »
Gary Smith wrote
Tajon, Inc.  (Western PA, forget which town)

They were from Mercer.  I mainly remember them pulling dump trailers, I can't picture the tanks, but that was a long time ago.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »
Ray V wrote
Refiners Transport and Terminal (later to become BMI) out of Oregon Ohio.

I had forgotten about the BMI era.  Refiners got pulled into the Leaseway conglomerate fold in the late '70's and the trucks changed from dark blue to Leaseways corporate light blue with the white and blue stripes, similiar to Anchors rigs.  BMI may have been one of the earlier modern day holdong companies.  I seem to recall that they had a few other carriers besides Refiners in the mix, but I can't recall who.

skywheel44

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 03:02:52 PM »
Cleveland Syrup Co,Cleveland,Ohio                  United States transportation Co,Cincinnati,Ohio             Liquid Transit ,Inc,Cleveland,Ohio       Strothman Tank Lines,Cincinnati,Ohio           C & E Trucking,Rhinebeck,NY           H.L.&F McBride Transportation        The Maxwell Co,Cincinnati,Ohio       Krajack Tank Lines,Roselle Park,NJ     Ford Bros,Ironton,Ohio          Lemmon Transport Co,Marion,Va       A.A.Rocco Trucking Corp,Cleveland,Ohio

skywheel44

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 07:01:36 PM »
Leaseway,Sugar Transport,Inc   Max Biswanger Trucking      Relay transport       Ray Molder trucking           Bulk freightways  Balser Trucking       Quick Deliveries,Inc      gypsum transport

Ray V

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 07:44:50 AM »
Ray Molder, Gundry and Refiners were all merged into BMI near the end. Most of the old Refiners managment and many of the terminal managers and drivers went on to become part of Advantage tank lines (The Kennan/Advantage group) One of the onwers is a former Refiners sales person. They currently are the largest Peto hauler in the US.

Derailed

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 12:35:32 AM »
What about Frontier Delivery Service out of Buffalo?
Does anyone remember them?
Green Macks and Brockways.

Not sure but I think they may have been bought out by ARG

Does anyone remember Goddard, I believe they were out of VT. They ran red mack CH sleeper models, another one swallowed up by QC.

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 04:35:29 PM »
LP Transportation.

Green R models,both daycabs and sleepers. I think they were from the northeast, maybe NY.
Jim

Derailed

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 12:58:21 AM »
LP Transportation.

Green R models,both daycabs and sleepers. I think they were from the northeast, maybe NY.
Still around, Ive been hunting this O/O down that leases on with them for some pics. He runs a day cab Pete with big ass straight pipes and the loudest jake I ever heard. Saw a company truck 3 days ago also.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 01:01:11 AM by Derailed »

wbache

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 07:08:15 PM »

A previous post mentioned Cool Transport as being out of business.
the Pete in the pic has the name Cool on the door--took the pic today 2/19-08--rig is traveling north on the 605 I have seen these tankers before.

willigkid

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »
Willig Freight Lines hauled for Shell until 1964 or so.

Willigkid

Steve_WI

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 10:46:28 PM »
Learned the other day by surprise, that Hoerler Milk Transport of Janesville, WI got sold to  Lowell C Hagen Trucking out of Whitewater, WI.  Rehaul operation and all.  Pretty sad to discover this.  All their Freightliners and their trailers from the tankers, to the couple reefers and dry vans are all relettered.  Spotted in the Hoerler yard are some white International 9400i sleeper trucks.  Don't know alot of details unfortunatly.

Always figured that Hoerler would do the buying not the other way around.  The Hoerler yard is postioned near the Blain's Farm and Fleet headquarters/warehouse and the DMV on Wright Rd.

Dec. 23, 2008 The end of an era at GM Janesville.

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 02:48:47 PM »
Merrill Transport from Portland, ME.  Operated in Northern New England from 1940's until they were bought up by Superior Carriers in the late '80's I believe.  Had 4 or 5 terminals in ME plus one in VT.  Big user of IH power with 230 Cummins(!) at the end of it.  The last batch of tractors were 1984 White/GMC's with 315 Cummins in them.  Mostly hauled diesel, gas, and a lot of black oil for the many paper mills back then.  For years and years they hauled all the fuel oil for the power plant on top of MT. Washington in New Hampshire.

MERRILL!   They use to run right down the state Hwy that went right in front of my parents house.  I remember them well. 

DAVID350

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 02:55:14 PM »
Davis Process

So, no one recalls this name???

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 02:55:14 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs