If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: YRC LOGISTICS  (Read 1837 times)

JIM STEELE

• Regular Membership
  • JIM STEELE
    • My web site on Hank's Truck Pictures web site
YRC LOGISTICS
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:22:36 PM »
HAVE BEEN SEEING A FEW YRC LOGISTICS A DIVISION OF YRC WORLDWIDE.   AROUND THE SPRINGFIELD, MO. AREA. SEEN A TRACTOR & TRAILER IN COLLINS, MO.TODAY.   DID NOT KNOW THAT IT WAS PART OF YELLOW ROADWAY CORP.  
Jim Steele
Email: fiftychev32@gmail.com
WWW: http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/jim_steele.htm

Hank's Truck Forum

YRC LOGISTICS
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:22:36 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
Re: YRC LOGISTICS
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:22:43 PM »
Jim,YRC Logistics originated from the merger of Meridian IQ,the 4LP non asset base logistics unit of Yellow-Roadway Corp. with the asset base logistics divisions (USF Logistics and USF Distribution Services) of USFreightways after the take over of USF by YRC.

Pogo Stick

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 05:46:50 AM »
Saw 2 fairly new PETERBILT 387'S big bunk pulling 53' CANADIAN TIRE CONTAINER / CHASSIS last night with YRC on the door of the tractors.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:46:27 AM by Pogo Stick »

JIM STEELE

• Regular Membership
  • JIM STEELE
    • My web site on Hank's Truck Pictures web site
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 06:28:24 PM »
  R.BURON
 THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Jim Steele
Email: fiftychev32@gmail.com
WWW: http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/jim_steele.htm

Jimmy B

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 10:21:38 PM »
In another thread about YRC Logistics I think that someone mentioned that this company got the GM contract. If they did, I guess that YRC Logistics will be taking care of the GM parts warehouse up at Stead, NV. Here is one of the company trailers that was ferried into the area by Yellow Trans.

Jimmy B

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 07:38:19 AM »
In another thread about YRC Logistics I think that someone mentioned that this company got the GM contract. If they did, I guess that YRC Logistics will be taking care of the GM parts warehouse up at Stead, NV. Here is one of the company trailers that was ferried into the area by Yellow Trans.

Jimmy B

Intersting shot Jimmy; too bad there wasn't a RDWY pup on the other flank.
I wonder if Yellow (or RDWY for that matter) will end up doing some of the OTR work.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:07 AM »
I wonder if Yellow (or RDWY for that matter) will end up doing some of the OTR work.

I've recently seen some YRC sleepers (O/O's  :?) pulling YRC trailers up in my area. Been catching them getting on & off the Pike. Before this all i've ever seen is day cabs so maybe that's the direction they're going in Rob.  :|

Pogo Stick

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 07:47:36 AM »
Have seen a few sleeper tractors pulling CANADIAN TIRE loads in eastern Ontario over the past few weeks.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 11:50:33 AM »
 Jimmy B,very interesting shot of a YRC Logistics trailer.Thanks for sharing.

Jimmy B

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 11:48:59 PM »
I should add that this trailer had a rail type liftgate (don't know if that's the proper term). The photo that I wanted of the trailer I couldn't get, I was busy in the yard when the unit came in pulled by one of SLC's International line tractors.

Jimmy B

Jimmy B

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 02:21:07 AM »
In talking with Red tonight he mentioned that YRC Logistics had an ad in the local paper today:

YRC Logistics is opening a new Reno facility in March, 2008. We are currently seeking the following individuals to join our world class team:

Drivers, Driver Leads and Hostlers/Spotters. Class A CDL required for the above positions

Dock Leads. Class A CDL preferred.

For the above positions, please call: **********. Call 24 hours day/7 days a week.

Thought this would be of interest to some...

Jimmy B

RedStapler

• Not Sure-Camacho 2016
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
In talking with Red tonight he mentioned that YRC Logistics had an ad in the local paper today:

YRC Logistics is opening a new Reno facility in March, 2008. We are currently seeking the following individuals to join our world class team:

Drivers, Driver Leads and Hostlers/Spotters. Class A CDL required for the above positions

Dock Leads. Class A CDL preferred.

You notice they don't mention pay rates anywhere on here. Given GMs notorious cheapness with vendors for the last decade or so and that they undercut Schneider to get the business it will be on the low side. 

I know someone who worked on that same  account last year when the Pumpkin had it.  The scam was you were on salary of $600-700 week but you'd work 60-70 hrs.   For comparison daycab work in the Truckee Meadows starts at $15-17 range. 

Jimmy B

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 02:50:16 AM »
Yep, it would be kind of interesting to learn what they will pay. When Ryder took over from Howard it was less pay, when Schneider took over from Ryder it was less pay. Now I wonder if that trend will continue?

Four more trailers have shown up.

Jimmy B

Jimmy B

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 10:05:43 PM »
I thought I'd add some photos to this thread which show some of the equipment that is being purchased for this account. The first is a photo of my tractor hooked to a brand new Great Dane trailer that was "pig'd" into our terminal. I've just put it against the dock for swing shift. The next photo is of one of the International ProStar daycabs that is to be used on the GM account here in Reno.

Jimmy B

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »
Do they have their own yard? Or do they share a yard with someone Jimmy?
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs