If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: St Ignace truck show - nice Michigan multi axle rigs  (Read 10766 times)

norseman

• Administrator
St Ignace truck show - nice Michigan multi axle rigs
« on: November 18, 2007, 04:25:02 AM »
I got a PM from Steff, who wanted to see multi axle setups from the St Ignace show, and so here are a few.  :wink:

Very sharp KW W900L pulling an end dump train, operated by Mossner Transport out of Reese, MI.

Sweet, yellow Pete pulling a multi axle curtainside trailer, owned by Missy Russo, and leased to American Motor Lines of Grand Rapids, MI.

Slightly extreme, yet more than slightly impressive, KW W900L operated by C&J Bark Haulers out of Hemlock, MI. Got a whole lot of detail pics of this one. And yeah, the lettering on all those tires was aligned.  :wink: Plus, this truck really stood out in the light parade in the evening!  :-o

Another very sharp KW W900L operated by Bedrock Express out of Ortonville, MI.

Sharp Pete 379 operated by MLT, Inc, out of Mt Pleasant, MI.

Jan.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:46:29 AM by norseman »
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

St Ignace truck show - nice Michigan multi axle rigs
« on: November 18, 2007, 04:25:02 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: St Ignace truck show - nice Michigan multi axle rigs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 07:26:29 AM »
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
That was a good post Jan, just what I like... fancy PACCAR trucks, lots of axles. 8-) 8-) 8-)
I think my favorite has to be the yellow Pete (Is that guy giving the fender the Ol' Internationally Recognized "You're Number One" Salute?)... that's a lot o' axles!
I'm sure I've annoyed one of you Michigan guys before by asking, but how much could that truck and eight-axle trailer gross?
The purple Kenny is sweet too... I like lots of lights. He obviously pays attention to details to align THAT many tires!

One thing I wondered about though... the last Pete has more axles on the back trailer than the lead trailer. Does that mean he can haul more weight on the back than the front? Isn't that a problem? :?
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 08:21:02 AM »
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
That was a good post Jan, just what I like... fancy PACCAR trucks, lots of axles. 8-) 8-) 8-)
I think my favorite has to be the yellow Pete (Is that guy giving the fender the Ol' Internationally Recognized "You're Number One" Salute?)... that's a lot o' axles!

Glad you liked 'em, Ryan! I figured this might be up your alley as well, hehe.  :wink: I actually believe I have to agree with you on the yellow Pete as the favorite here, in spite of all the nice W900Ls, the yellow one was ten times nicer in person than pics, and IMO it was one of the sharpest trucks at the show - truck and trailer. 8-)

I'm also looking forward to the answers to your "Michigan related" questions, as I would like to know those things, too.  :wink:

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Joseph29

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 01:36:23 PM »
That yellow Kenworth is pretty cool. I never seen a US truck with that many axle's before. Usually if you want to see a lot of axles you need to see a Canadian truck.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 02:11:49 PM »
That yellow Kenworth is pretty cool. I never seen a US truck with that many axle's before. Usually if you want to see a lot of axles you need to see a Canadian truck.

Well, that's Michigan for ya. Only in Michigan!  :wink:

Jan.

The DAFman

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 05:18:32 AM »
Hello Jan,

You never can stop amazing seeing those "Michigan Specials"!!!
Please don't nail me on the really exact weights, but Michigan has a GRW of 72,5 tonnes but only a maximum axleweight of 7 tonnes!!!
That's why they "need" 11-axles on their rigs!!! And the thoughest part is, specialy those 8-axled trailers doesn't have steering axles!!!!!
They can pull up some axles in very sharp curves!!! You need a "shovel" to remove the rubber from the road!!!
Better "manouevrability" does have those "A and B-trains"!!!
I have an older VHS-video tape about those "centipedes", I can watch it for hours!!!!!
Greetings,

Leo

Deceased.

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »
Neat show trucks of a type of rig I don't see!  I really like seeing that C&J Bark Haulers W900!

Jon_G

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 09:19:31 PM »
Excellent catch on the C&J Bark Haulers KW! For some reason, I thought they were long gone, but per safer, they are still in business 8)

Jon

michigan train

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 12:22:34 PM »
That C&J truck is for sale $38,000 looks a little different 
load it like a freight train drive it like a jet plane

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 12:22:34 PM »