If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: superliner best us made truck  (Read 7631 times)

v8mack500

superliner best us made truck
« on: October 30, 2005, 11:21:23 AM »
use to driver a 85 superliner 425 cat,13 rockwell, mack rears,52000 neway air ride best truck i ever drove

Hank's Truck Forum

superliner best us made truck
« on: October 30, 2005, 11:21:23 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
Re: superliner best us made truck
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 01:20:43 PM »
When my dad began hauling cans at C-Truck in 1990,he had a Superliner in the color of L.A Dalton's fleet(ex show truck,wich Dalton apparently refused) with a Cat 425,13 speed tranny.I remember that the cab was small,noplace at all for the passenger.

But it was a good tough truck,geared to run at 75 mph with a 57500 kgs gross weight a train...
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 02:58:51 PM »
Definitely an under-rated truck. I think the R-model cab's reputation as a local, vocational truck might have prevented the Superliner from having a larger share of the long haul market. I know I'd have no problem driving one!

Jim

CAN MAN

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 04:45:18 PM »
Basically a LONG NOSE R Model , they looked kind of FUNNY with the small bunks , was 1 around Toronto years back , Brown Metalic Hi Rise bunk had " OWNED by the BANK OPERATED by a POOR MAN on the bunk "

Fishhook

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »
Always loved the Superliners.I started out on R models and moved to the 'Liners. :-D

Yrs ago (3-5)" Movin Out" magizine had a picture of an orange Superliner showtruck w/twin stacks and air cleaners, full WTI fenders.... I believe it was taken from a show in either NE Ohio or PA.Does anyone have any such pics or know of the truck I'm talking about.Any info would be apprectated.Thanks

silver92

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 05:30:39 PM »

Yrs ago (3-5)" Movin Out" magizine had a picture of an orange Superliner showtruck w/twin stacks and air cleaners, full WTI fenders.... I believe it was taken from a show in either NE Ohio or PA.Does anyone have any such pics or know of the truck I'm talking about.Any info would be apprectated.Thanks

Check out the bottom of this page:? http://chromeshopmafia.com/gallery5.html

Fishhook

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 08:05:32 AM »
Check out the bottom of this page:? http://chromeshopmafia.com/gallery5.html

Thats not it, but thats definetly one of the shapest Superliners around. I've got a bunch of pics of that particular one. The one I'm looking for was/is brite orange, day cab, basically a "chicken truck" Bulldog.

Thanks for trying

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 05:47:40 PM »
There's a real sharp one that's owned by a lumber yard near Clarion, PA. I've seen it on RT 322 every time I've been in that area. All I can tell you is that it's in great shape, it's a yellow daycab, and pulls a flatbed.

It's been several months since I've been up that way, so I can't give you a name and I don't remember if it had the WTI fenders. Sorry.
Jim

DD

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 06:10:54 PM »
A fleet (or at least I think it is) near Cambridge OH.  runs quite a few Superliners that pull dump trailers. I saw them on I-77.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 06:18:53 AM »
Hank posted a picture in the Wayne Crane Collection of a Superliner with the small bunk.

DD

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 10:08:49 AM »
It's a nice feature that on this forum when you post a wide pic the whole topic doesn't go wider, just the post that the pic is in.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 11:11:17 AM »
Jim,
There are a couple sharp daycabs running local you may run into.  One is dark blue and red and pulls for PVO.  Hauls alot out of Allegheny Steel Distributers in Indianola.  There's another, the guy ran a sharp R-model for a long time, light blueish-green, that he replaced with a really sharp Superliner in the same color.  Pulls a flat and usually was parked under the New Kensington Bridge.  I've got pictures of both, I'll try and dig them up.

Fishhook

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 11:15:27 AM »
Here's a few of pics I have.

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 04:48:22 PM »
Jim,
There are a couple sharp daycabs running local you may run into.  One is dark blue and red and pulls for PVO.  Hauls alot out of Allegheny Steel Distributers in Indianola.  There's another, the guy ran a sharp R-model for a long time, light blueish-green, that he replaced with a really sharp Superliner in the same color.  Pulls a flat and usually was parked under the New Kensington Bridge.  I've got pictures of both, I'll try and dig them up.

I've seen the New Ken bridge one on the road.

Today on the Pike between Bedford and Somerset I saw two Superliners heading east, a few miles apart but both pulling covered wagons. Both dirty, but otherwise looked in real nice shape. A week doesn't go by that I don't see one that has either been restored or well cared for.
Jim

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 04:13:35 PM »
That's a MANLY truck!

I wonder how the visibility is with the intake on the driver's side. I know it? creates a blind spot on the passenger side, especially when you have the "scoop" type top.

I guess they have it there for practical reasons.
Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 04:13:35 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs