If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: St Ignace truck show - Legend of the Black Pearl  (Read 6868 times)

norseman

• Administrator
St Ignace truck show - Legend of the Black Pearl
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »
Well, I guess many of you guys have seen pics of this rig before, but I figured some of you might enjoy these pics, still... Quite a show truck, "The Legend of the Black Pearl" (or "poil", as Johnny Depp pronounced it in the movie) is, of course, based on the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Slightly overdone for my tastes, but it's got some unique touches, like the "wooden" engine, and also the fact that the owners dress up in pirate costumes...  :roll:

Owned by Brinker Transport of Grayling, MI, the truck is leased to Ken Graham Trucking of Brimley, MI.

Hope you don't mind all the detail shots...  :wink:

Jan.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:11:00 AM by norseman »
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

St Ignace truck show - Legend of the Black Pearl
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »

braziliantrucks

Re: St Ignace truck show - Legend of the Black Pearl
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »
Wow other great FL, this paint is really beautiful, great pics Jan!!!!

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:16:32 AM »
It is certainly a one of a kind... Glad you liked it, Leonardo!  8-)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »
Well, I don't know how I feel about the outside of the truck, but I really like the interior and the "wood" engine is certainly unique!
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

DAVID350

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 04:09:44 PM »
Years ago the truck had the theme of a Dragon. Was purple with a few other colors. A few years ago, it was completely redone into the Pirate truck. Attends many shows all over. Always at the Chrome Shop.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 03:19:41 AM »
Well, I don't know how I feel about the outside of the truck, but I really like the interior and the "wood" engine is certainly unique!
I'm not sure about the outside either, it seems a little overdone to me, but then I guess that's part of the point with the truck; it was cool, though, to get to see it up close and actually notice some of the more hidden details. I had seen it at MATS, too, but never got to look at it too closely there, due to an extreme amount of people.  :roll:

Years ago the truck had the theme of a Dragon. Was purple with a few other colors. A few years ago, it was completely redone into the Pirate truck. Attends many shows all over. Always at the Chrome Shop.
Cool, didn't know it had had a previous life as a dragon truck! I guess that means the truck is kind of old, too.  :?

Jan.

CaptainHook

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 04:55:07 AM »
Stunning mate i cant believe how you keep managing to snap all these nice machines, you must have a knack for it hey.
"we're all doomed"

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 08:30:13 AM »
Thanks, Captain.  :wink: This one wasn't too hard as it was at a truck show I attended in St Ignace, Michigan, only problem there was all the people, but I snook down early on Sunday morning, before anyone else but me, Tim and the other truck spotters were up.  :-D

Jan.

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 01:48:30 PM »
The movie this one's based on is a tad dated now, but it was a sharp truck!  Hope that it's still around. 

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »
It is. :)

Jan.

Chris_E

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 08:16:50 AM »
I was just up in St. Ignace for vacation last week.  They were advertising for this truck show.  If only I wasn't starting up school again this week, otherwise I think I'd have to make another run back out there. ;)
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »
I loved that show back in '07, and I'd sure like to go back one of these years! A whole town full of trucks has to be good!  ;)

Jan.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs