If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Pitt Ohio/ECM  (Read 6622 times)

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
Re: Pitt Ohio/ECM
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 03:17:54 AM »
I saw my first new ECM Cascadia just a few hours ago. I was surprised since Pitt Ohio an ECM have been running the same daycab equipment for the past few years and Iíve seen no evidence of Pitt getting more Freightliners. As was mentioned, the short hoods on the Cascadia are a joke. If it werenít for the spot mirrors you wouldnít be able to see the hood from the driverís seat.
Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 03:17:54 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Jon_G

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 07:07:47 PM »
Seriously If that hood gets any shorter, whats the point having a hood at all? Just get a COE.
Seriously, it may as well be. A COE would offer a better turning radius, better visibility, and would have easier access to the engine with the cab tilting (only issue with that is having to secure all of your stuff down). These short-nosed tractors have the engines shoehorned under the hood, which makes serviceability more difficult. I have heard serviceability on the standard hood new Cascadia is much improved, as that was a major gripe with the older one, but with a small area to fit everything in, that kind of gets compromised with the shorter BBC tractor.
To me, a newer, efficient and much better riding European COE like a Volvo FM or DAF CF would make sense for a regional LTL fleet like this. They have gained favor in the Australian and NZ markets, unfortunately not so here. I'm not saying it's a 100% solution, but I feel like it would be a bit more logical for fleets, especially if the LTL sector adopts the double 33 foot trailers they are trying to implement.

Jon

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 09:18:18 PM »
Was finally able to get a shot of the new sleeper tractors at Fyda Freightliner in Canonsburg PA last Saturday.  Haven't seen any on the road yet though.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »
This 579 was taken on Thanksgiving, parked by the shop of the new HQ terminal they share with parent company Pitt Ohio on the northeast side of Pittsburgh.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2017, 10:44:47 AM »
Sharp looking Pete there........looks good as an LTL hauler.👍

james j neiweem

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2017, 08:23:18 AM »
Agree good looking Pete ;)

Hank's Truck Forum