Author Topic: Asphalt semis on a rainy Sunday  (Read 945 times)

norseman

• Administrator
Asphalt semis on a rainy Sunday
« on: October 28, 2007, 05:47:05 AM »
There is a bypass project under way in the town closest to where I live, Kleppe, and they've started paving now. For this purpose, the contractor has hired a number of asphalt semis from eastern Norway that were parked along the newly paved bypass road (which is, of course, not yet open), and I decided I needed to get up there and get a few pics of them. Of course, it was raining cats, dogs and large buffalo calves, so I almost killed my camera in the process, but such is life.  :roll:

First, an old Volvo FH16 with a crane, with no markings on it.

A DAF XF105.480 Super Space Cab operated by Norlast Transport, which, according to the license plate, is from the Oslo area.

Scania R500 Topline operated by Transport Compagniet, which is probably also out of eastern Norway.

Mercedes Actros 2546 MegaSpace, also operated by Transport Compagniet.

Practically brand new, and unmarked, Scania R560. It may be from Telemark, according to the license plate.

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

CaptainHook

Re: Asphalt semis on a rainy Sunday
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »
I bet you know what i'm gonna say heh jan.

Well i do love that mega space its very nice. But i also like that white topline and the XF is nice too. All in all very nice pictures mate.
"we're all doomed"

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:52:10 AM »
Thanks, Captain Steve!  :wink:  I figured you would be partial to the Mercedes, I wish it had been a little better looking, the missing chrome part on the grille there kind of makes it look a little sad... Well, glad you liked it anyway!  :wink:

Btw, I've sent you a PM about Truckfest...  :roll:

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

CaptainHook

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
Oh yes i didnt notice that missing piece of chrome at first, i thought there was something not right but could'nt work out what it was, i hope they put a new one on and dont leave it as some companies over here would it spoils it heh. Still a nice motor though innit.
"we're all doomed"

braziliantrucks

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »
Great Scania's!

Patrick

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 04:26:31 AM »
Nice pics!  Think I like the Actros the most of this five trucks. And Jan I hope you didnt drowned your camera in the rain, because we like getting pictures from you  :-)

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:11:41 AM »
Hehe, thank you, Patrick! No, it didn't completely drown, it's still working.  :wink:

Jan.

D50

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 08:22:20 PM »
Cool pics, Jan. If I were to ever kill my camera because of the weather, those are the types of trucks I'd kill it with. I keep an umbrella in my car for just that reason though. It's almost the only time I'll pull out that umbrella.  :roll:

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 03:16:26 AM »
Cool pics, Jan. If I were to ever kill my camera because of the weather, those are the types of trucks I'd kill it with. I keep an umbrella in my car for just that reason though. It's almost the only time I'll pull out that umbrella.  :roll:

Hehe, thanks, Aaron! And yeah, I might have to get hold of an umbrella, too, good idea.  :wink:

Jan.