If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Aldershot Machinery Movers  (Read 6513 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
Aldershot Machinery Movers
« on: September 17, 2005, 06:36:21 PM »
I was in Aldershot Ont today and went past the former location of the ALDERSHOT MACHINERY MOVING company.
They had a B Model Mack as well as some R Models. That "B" was a big machine but I can't recall now what B-- it was, a B73 maybe?
I guess they either were bought out by another carrier or just went out of business. Does anyone know?

Hank's Truck Forum

Aldershot Machinery Movers
« on: September 17, 2005, 06:36:21 PM »

carl_roy

Aldershot
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 04:28:35 AM »
By gosh Robert I believe you gotit right they did have a B73 Mack.
Just rembering it got mythought going and rembered the one I had the B73 had a sound all it own. I remeber heading to St. Kitts one Saturday ornwhen I heard one comming about 5 minutes before I saw it heading to Hamilton.  The one I saw was the one that brought trailers from the falls to where ever for Zip. If memory serves me right it sure looked good

Mike Malone

Aldershot Machinery Movers.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 04:58:03 AM »
If memory serves me correct here - possibly adding to the confusion, Aldershot had several B-61's and a B-83, the latter well noticed for it's larger size and it's flat steel fenders.

A B-83 would be Cummins powered, anywhere from a 220 to a 335.
A Mack-powered B-80 Series would be a B-85, engine power from 205 hp to Mack's old 864-cid twin-turbo 300-hp V-8.

I have a photgraph of a B-615 from Aldershot.
A B-615 is basically a B-61 with an 864-cid V-8 Mack engine, horsepower would be from 255-hp to 300 if it had the twin-turbo set up. What set the B-615 apart from all of the rest in appearance was the large 1,000 square inch radiator usually seen on the B-70 Series trucks.

Mike Malone

Aldershot Machinery Movers.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 06:23:37 PM »
Having had the opportunity to check of some of my pictures, I looked back over the Mack collection and found the Adlershot pix I had taken many years ago. Unfortunately I'm without a scanner so I can't share them but there was both a B-615 Mack and a B-83 Series, both of which were on gargantuan rubber, something like 12.00 x 24 or bigger.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
Re: Aldershot Machinery Movers.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 05:33:21 AM »
Quote from: Mike Malone
Having had the opportunity to check of some of my pictures, I looked back over the Mack collection and found the Adlershot pix I had taken many years ago. Unfortunately I'm without a scanner so I can't share them but there was both a B-615 Mack and a B-83 Series, both of which were on gargantuan rubber, something like 12.00 x 24 or bigger.

Hi Mike: I remember them being HUGE looking trucks. I never got a picture of them; but -somewhere in railfanland- there is a picture of an Aldershot rig hauling an ex TH&B train up Hamilton Mountain to a new location for restoration. If I track it down, I should be able to get it posted.

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
Re: Aldershot Machinery Movers
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 05:28:28 PM »
Hey Rob,
I believe this is one of the B model trucks you guys were talking about from Aldershot. judging by that grill I know it's not a B61 but I'm not up on my Mack history. It looks like it was a brute in its day.
CJ

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 11:27:31 PM »

That's the B-615.

A B-615 with Mack's 864-cid V-8 engine.
Right-wing Old School.

Former Green Monster

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:02:54 PM »
I'm not sure what year it was, but one morning - sometime mid-to late '70's - I remember driving down Burlington St. in Hamilton,, past the  National Slag Company yard and I saw a small fleet of Aldershot B model Macks sitting there - 2 smaller B Models ( B61s or 615s???) and that great big B83 with the long nose, checker-plate front fenders and  big, big rubber. Probably 11.00 or 12.00 X24's. What a beautiful old beast of a truck that was! It was hooked to a goose neck machinery float and they were getting ready to loadi one of National Slag's Euclid rock trucks onto it. i remember that all 3 of the Aldershot Macks looked really good too - well kept, clean, shiny and nice paint, but that big B83 was the nicest of the bunch. I've allways wondered what became of that particular truck.

Madartist48

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »
Hi : from my days of working in the steel mills at Stelco, Aldershot use to bring in some of their machinery there. Aldershot Contractors sold out to a firm called Ambler Courtney. Just b4 I retired in 2007 Ambler was bought out by another company of which I don't know the name. I hope this sheds some light on the subject

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs