If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 386653 times)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #1320 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:26 AM »
Thanks Boll..........i knew you'd come through. ;D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1320 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:26 AM »

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #1321 on: January 04, 2013, 05:55:28 PM »
I was treated to something really cool today when I swung by the KW dealer....a FedEx Freight T680! 8) Granted, it was just delivered, so the fairings weren't put together yet, and it was nowhere near as clean as the one roogie posted, but I was still happy to find it. Photos will follow.

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #1322 on: January 04, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »
I was treated to something really cool today when I swung by the KW dealer....a FedEx Freight T680! 8) Granted, it was just delivered, so the fairings weren't put together yet, and it was nowhere near as clean as the one roogie posted, but I was still happy to find it. Photos will follow.

I was lucky I caught that T680 when I did, the maintenance shop in Harrison was getting it ready for the Top Wrench competition they hold at HQ.  I bet now after the snow they got recently in Arkansas it doesn't look as spiffy.  :)

roog

Big L

« Reply #1323 on: January 04, 2013, 10:09:05 PM »
Saw this new UPS Freight straight truck recently, while at a stop light in front of their dock.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #1324 on: January 06, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »
Very cool!! The Pitt Ohio VNM is interesting, it's a few years old though (no SCR).

I didn't think it was new but the driver didn't seem like much of a truck fan when i started asking him about it. :(  He mentioned it was the only one PO had but i'm not sure of that either. :-\  Where's Boll Weevil when you need him? ??? ;D

Here I is!

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday season.

Now, about those Volvos......

The one that Paul posted (thank you, btw-I've only heard about them) was like the Cascadias, Centurys, Columbias, and many others, a trial unit of a model they chose not to go with.

Fast forward to today....They have decided to be more agressive in retiring the Sterlings than they are in purchasing new Macks. Parts for the Sterlings are becoming more expensive and harder to find which is resulting in more cannibilzation of other trucks just to keep them running while waiting for parts. My Sterling went in for a head gasket and within a few hours was relieved of it's bumper. :o

To fill the void created by "Sterlingpurge" they decided to go used and have purchased 50 (afaik) 2006 Volvos VNMs formerly owned by Giant Eagle/Talon Logistics. They are distributed to terminals based on need and I'm currently driving our one and only because my Sterling is down for yet another head gasket and it's future is now uncertain. I jumped in the Volvo because no one wants to drive it and I don't want to slip-seat. I might stay in it if my regular ride is no more.

Those of you familiar with the Giant Eagle fleet may recognize these trucks in their original form. The PO Pittsburgh shop has taken the time to properly paint these trucks, even the doors have been removed and painted inside and out. The only evidence of blue paint is on the cowl when the hood is opened. Wheels have been painted gray to match the rest of the fleet.

Here's the TruckPaper ad:

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3663093

Have a Safe, Happy, and Healthy New Year!

Below is one of the tractors that Jim refers to.  His info would explain why, a few weeks ago, I saw a de-branded blue Talon tractor at a Bridgeville body shop, with a door placard that read "Leased to Pitt Ohio."  I unfortunately wasn't able to grab a picture.

granitefan713

« Reply #1325 on: January 06, 2013, 05:18:53 PM »
Saw this new UPS Freight straight truck recently, while at a stop light in front of their dock.

Now that is awesome!!! I'd love to see one of those up close!

granitefan713

« Reply #1326 on: February 04, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »
Another 85 Pinnacles are coming down the line for Pitt Ohio! ;D

Leonard

« Reply #1327 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »
Hope you guys don't mind me adding Therese... Found at kw. Sorry I had to take them with my I phone

its a binder thing you just wouldnt get it...

Ray F

« Reply #1328 on: February 09, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »
Very Cool Finds Cody !!!  8)

BTW would you Mind sending one down here, Im Just Now starting to see the T660s  :-\

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #1329 on: February 10, 2013, 05:40:54 PM »
Awards tractor T680 arrived in KCY and was gone very quickly.   Unit: R13434

Not sure who or where it goes, but I know it's not Don Logan's because he's not been with FXF for 25 years.

roog

sj3mark

• Regular Membership
    • My Bus Pictures
« Reply #1330 on: February 10, 2013, 06:24:44 PM »
Man, I absolutely love these new FedEx T680s!
~James

dino9854

« Reply #1331 on: February 20, 2013, 06:50:14 PM »
This was posted here at the Con-Way terminal, a little insight into the new tractors they will be buying and there areodynamic enhancements. Saw one briefly in a company video on monday, if you see one get a picture. I probably won't get see one out here in Idaho for awhile. 

Chris_E

« Reply #1332 on: February 20, 2013, 07:01:04 PM »
Pretty neat. Wish they weren't getting those ugly wheel covers though (unless you can see through them). :P  You working for Con-Way now, dino?
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #1333 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »
On the contrary, I think those covers could look pretty good on a truck like this, especially if they specced some matching covers for the front wheels and the trailer wheels as well - which I assume they won't, but still. Together with trailer skirts, which I actually think look good on pups, I think the result would look pretty good!  :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #1334 on: February 21, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »
Estes FL Cascadia sleeper for the TL division.......all white. :( Saw 2-3 today on I-95 in the Carolinas.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1334 on: February 21, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs