If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 385895 times)

Chris_E

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #1185 on: May 08, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »
Wish I'd had a camera then. Have a friend who goes to school up there and she said their terminal is off 309 near the local mini-golf course. Will have to check it out next time I'm up that way. Saw a lot of trucks up that way and wondered if you were driving one.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1185 on: May 08, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »

Ray F

« Reply #1186 on: May 10, 2012, 10:56:46 AM »
I Forgot to mention This, But I see Gray's Trucking out of NJ has gotten some New Trucks, I spotted a Cascadia Long Hood Daycab for them a couple weeks ago  8)

james j neiweem

« Reply #1187 on: May 11, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
Spotted a new Cascadia short bbc day cab for NEMF on I95 Ct. Must be one of there test tractors.
 :)

Jamie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #1188 on: May 11, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »
I was passed by 2 White Volvos for UPS Freight that were pulling containers for Chiquita Bananas.  They were heading north on I-495 in Delaware.  Looks like UPS is diversifying.
I was Just Looking through My Pics and Realized I Caught This one Back on 04/12  :o 8)

I saw A UPS Freight white volvo pulling a 40' container back down I-83 towards Baltimore just the other day.

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #1189 on: May 13, 2012, 08:10:16 AM »
Ward has ordered 25 Mack Pinnacles!! There is a picture on another forum, and I must say, they look pretty sweet! 8)

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #1190 on: May 13, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »
Ward has ordered 25 Mack Pinnacles!! There is a picture on another forum, and I must say, they look pretty sweet! 8)
Ward Trucking going Mack? That's bizarre... They've usually been an International fleet with the occasional Freightliner. Must not have liked the newest Prostars.

Updated 8/10/2018

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
« Reply #1191 on: May 18, 2012, 05:01:03 AM »
Pitt Ohio Kenworth T370 straight truck in Quakertown.

Good catch. You won't see many of those , they're going with Freightliner for the straight trucks this year. Be on the lookout for aluminum rims on tractor steers.

There was one in our yard this morning. I'm not sure what they're doing about the bumper ends. We had the paint start peeling off a tractor bumper while on it's maiden voyage last week.

Jim

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #1192 on: May 18, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »
Ward Trucking going Mack? That's bizarre... They've usually been an International fleet with the occasional Freightliner. Must not have liked the newest Prostars.

Don't forget their fling with GMC in the 80s - Generals and Brigadiers.  Other than that, Ward has been pretty solid for International through their history.  I wonder if this Mack buy is in reaction to the issues with the MaxxForce engines.  Other than a few 8600s, I have not seen a Ward LTL tractor newer than the 9200i.

BTW, these will not be Ward's first Macks.  Back in the 80s they had a Cruiseliner, an R600ST and a MidLiner, presumably for tests.
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #1193 on: May 18, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

Don't forget their fling with GMC in the 80s - Generals and Brigadiers.  Other than that, Ward has been pretty solid for International through their history.  I wonder if this Mack buy is in reaction to the issues with the MaxxForce engines.  Other than a few 8600s, I have not seen a Ward LTL tractor newer than the 9200i.

BTW, these will not be Ward's first Macks.  Back in the 80s they had a Cruiseliner, an R600ST and a MidLiner, presumably for tests.

I'm guessing that must be the case. Many issues with MaxxForce engines, combined with the growing popularity of the Pinnacles with LTL fleets most likely led to the decision.
The Ward terminal in Wilkes-Barre has one ProStar, this photo was taken last year when it was new. It's since lost some of its "luster". :-\

Gary Smith

« Reply #1194 on: May 18, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »

I'm guessing that must be the case. Many issues with MaxxForce engines, combined with the growing popularity of the Pinnacles with LTL fleets most likely led to the decision.
The Ward terminal in Wilkes-Barre has one ProStar, this photo was taken last year when it was new. It's since lost some of its "luster". :-\

Mack used to be strong in LTL, but lost much of that market in the bloodbath of deregulation and lost still more over quality issues on the early CHs.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #1195 on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:50 PM »
I'm not sure what they're doing about the bumper ends.

Time to go retro......chop the bumpers and go back to the '70's LTL look. :)

Gary Smith

« Reply #1196 on: May 18, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »
I'm not sure what they're doing about the bumper ends.

Time to go retro......chop the bumpers and go back to the '70's LTL look. :)

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)

dockmen027

• "Base to 101"
« Reply #1197 on: May 22, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »
ABF 12063, a new Mack Pinnacle, was in our terminal this morning, only got a couple cell/camera photos, will see if they are suitable for posting tonight after work...

Nothing different from last years model.
John K                      260 Brockway

dockmen027

• "Base to 101"
« Reply #1198 on: May 22, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »
ABF 12063, a new Mack Pinnacle, was in our terminal this morning, only got a couple cell/camera photos, will see if they are suitable for posting tonight after work...

Nothing different from last years model.

2012 Mack Pinnacle

John K                      260 Brockway

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #1199 on: May 22, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »
How come only 1 spot mirror? ??? Thought the NMFA specifies one on each side? ???

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1199 on: May 22, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs