If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 396418 times)

Jimmy B

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #990 on: June 17, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »
I finally got a chance to get a reasonably good photo of the yellow painted SAIA 8600, one of three 8600s the local terminal received about 4 or so months ago, maybe longer. The other two are white, and look to be former Ryder or Penske lease tractors.

Click for larger view

Jimmy B
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:40:13 PM by Jimmy B »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #990 on: June 17, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #991 on: June 18, 2011, 08:46:16 AM »
Here's what I have for Saia Prostars, they still surprise me until I start looking more for them.

roog

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #992 on: June 19, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »
THis is a really bad picture as I had to wait for a passing car, then had the camera settings wrong.  Thought I would post anyway, shot on I-81 NE of Harriburg PA.

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #993 on: June 20, 2011, 04:32:29 AM »
THis is a really bad picture as I had to wait for a passing car, then had the camera settings wrong.  Thought I would post anyway, shot on I-81 NE of Harriburg PA.

Very cool Paul! I hope to see one soon!

james j neiweem

« Reply #994 on: June 20, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
Didn't know old D had mack pinnacles. I only saw CH's :)

LoneStar

• The Con-way Guy
    • Photobucket Album
« Reply #995 on: June 20, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
Here's what I have for Saia Prostars, they still surprise me until I start looking more for them.

roog

Those look really good. Just wondering though, why is that first one pulling a minivan?

Thanks to roogie for the Photo!

The Yellow Line

« Reply #996 on: June 20, 2011, 02:35:57 PM »

roog

That is how they transport them from the factory. It's the drivers way home. ::)

Those look really good. Just wondering though, why is that first one pulling a minivan?
Always follow The Yellow Line

Freightliner Guy

« Reply #997 on: June 21, 2011, 01:36:21 AM »

roog

That is how they transport them from the factory. It's the drivers way home. ::)

Also if you look at the drivers door where the Saia logo is. There is a temporary sticker for the company delivering it.  ;)

davef

« Reply #998 on: July 07, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »
Hope to find one stopped so I can get a picture but Fed Ex Freight has new Volvo VNL tractors with the rectangular fuel tanks and I assume the new uriah system.  I have seen a couple of them pulling triples in Oregon.

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #999 on: July 07, 2011, 07:54:40 PM »
Hope to find one stopped so I can get a picture but Fed Ex Freight has new Volvo VNL tractors with the rectangular fuel tanks and I assume the new uriah system.  I have seen a couple of them pulling triples in Oregon.

We have 2 of the original test units in Kansas City, were they like these Dave?  We are getting 800 more from what I hear, not sure if they are keeping Volvo power or not but the automatics have been a hit.

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=45327.0

roog

Steve_WI

« Reply #1000 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
About a dozen or so brand new pups for UPS outside the Stoughton Trailers Stoughton, WI plant this morning.  And as I was heading out on to the main road, a Stoughton Trucking T600 came pulling in with a dolly.

With Stoughton having a history with UPS and currently with the new long boxes with side fairings and now new doubles, its surprises me that they wouldnt get new intermodal containers through them as well at least not in the near future.
Dec. 23, 2008 The end of an era at GM Janesville.

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #1001 on: July 09, 2011, 02:31:01 PM »
I figured I should add this truck to this thread as well, an A. Duie Pyle Cascadia. There was another one in the shop where I took this pic. These look really sharp in my opinion. ;D

Chris_E

« Reply #1002 on: July 09, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the Cascadia, but that one looks great in Pyle's colors!
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #1003 on: July 29, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »
No picture but about a 1/2 hour ago i saw an A. Duie Pyle single axle Volvo doing P&D work in Barnegat NJ. :o

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #1004 on: July 29, 2011, 07:50:26 PM »
No picture but about a 1/2 hour ago i saw an A. Duie Pyle single axle Volvo doing P&D work in Barnegat NJ. :o
It was mentioned as being a possiblity, around 2008, that A. Duie Pyle would be testing a Volvo. Dave Faust was sent pictures from Kevin Miskiewicz, an ADP employee in West Chester. I got one in an e-mail in June, but did not post it on my own site since I had no permission from Kevin and figured it would get many views on Dave's main page anyway.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/df_a_duie_pyle.htm
I don't know if there is more than one.

Updated 8/10/2018

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1004 on: July 29, 2011, 07:50:26 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs