If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 392423 times)

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #915 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »
I like R&L's ProStar sleeper they have on their website. I do think a T660 would look nice in their colors also.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #915 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #916 on: January 12, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »
Last couple of days I've been seeing new Great Danes for UPS Freight Truckload with the nice side skirts like what Conway first had. They even have rubber splash guards under them. They look really nice. Must be coming in on rail in Portland.

Also saw my first painted UPSF TL Cascadia. Had a visor. ;) Looks super sharp for UPSF.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Estes717

« Reply #917 on: January 13, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
This One Blew Me away, This Evening  ;D ;D

Spotted a Brand New Estes FL Cascadia S/A Daycab with a set of Pups  :o :o I About Fainted when i spotted it  :o :o Ill Post the Pics Later  8)

Okay Ray, not that's not fair. You need to tell me the exact spot you saw it, so I can go back and time and catch it instead, lol. ;D

Can't wait to see it!

I have 2 pics of this unit on my phone.. I'll try to get them posted in the next couple days.

Ray F

« Reply #918 on: January 13, 2011, 08:47:48 PM »

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #919 on: January 24, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
I figured I should add this pic here as well. 4 brand new ProStars for FexEx Freight. ;D

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #920 on: January 26, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »
R12210 in the brand new Wichita, Kansas Service Center, recently prepped and ready for duty.

roog

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #921 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:17 PM »
Express Transport has a new to them Columbia. Single axle with no air shield.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Ray F

« Reply #922 on: February 04, 2011, 10:20:45 PM »
Spotted a New IH/Workhorse Stepvan for Fedex Ground A Couple Days ago  ;D The only thing that told me it was an IH was The Grill Design  8)

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
« Reply #923 on: February 17, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »
We had a visitor today. My trailer was already loaded and manifested and I noticed my tractor number was higher than any that I've seen. Expecting a Pinnacle, I went over to the tractor line and found this...

Maybe my judgement was clouded by too many days in 15 year old single axle CH Macks, but this was a dream to drive. Plenty of power from the DD13 while running the ups and downs of US 119 from Morgantown to Grafton, WV. It was quiet, very comfortable, had great visibilty and could seemingly turn on a dime. This the first tractor I know of in the fleet that has a Detroit Diesel,  weedburner exhaust, and back of cab fairings.

Nothing fancy about the interior but it did have power windows (another first) and a great sounding 6 speaker stereo. It didn't have a cd player, just am/fm which I thought was odd. I guess they figure it's not worth the expense with so many drivers using ipod's a satellite radios these days.

Jim

Ray F

« Reply #924 on: February 17, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »
Awesome Pics Jim !!!!  :o :o It Seems like Every LTL Company is testing the Cascadias out  :o  ???

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #925 on: February 18, 2011, 05:49:41 AM »
Thanks for sharing your catch Jim. :) I knew i spotted one of these on the PA Pike last fall..........this proves i wasn't seeing things. :D

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #926 on: February 18, 2011, 06:07:53 AM »
It makes sense for Pitt Ohio since the Sterling brand is no more. Thanks for sharing with us Boll.

Updated 8/10/2018

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
« Reply #927 on: February 18, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
Glad you guys liked the pics. I don't normally keep a camera with me at work so I did what I could to clean up the cell phone shots.

I was surprised that this truck had only 42,000 miles on it which means it was probably put in service sometime in December, assuming it runs both city and linehaul at it's home terminal in Columbus, OH. We were told of the decision to go with Pinnacles back in July and this tractor has a build date or 08/2010. ???

The word Express has been eliminated from both the roof fairing and door decals. The end of an era.. :(
Jim

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #928 on: February 18, 2011, 09:42:52 PM »
Glad you guys liked the pics. I don't normally keep a camera with me at work so I did what I could to clean up the cell phone shots.

I see Eaton Vorad, is that something Pitt Ohio normally has installed in the trucks?

roog

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
« Reply #929 on: February 18, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »

I see Eaton Vorad, is that something Pitt Ohio normally has installed in the trucks?

roog

That's another new feature. It was my first experience with it and I would've liked to have been able to turn it off. To get to that stop where I took the pics, I had to drive about 23 miles of hilly winding two-lane where it is necessary at times to ride the white line to keep the trailer from crossing the double-yellow. It didn't miss a trick. :-\

I'm assuming Pitt Ohio installed it with mainly the linehaul drivers in mind.  Our shuttles are run at night with only a few exceptions.
Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #929 on: February 18, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs