If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 397059 times)

Big L

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #900 on: December 01, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »
This is sort of a "new equipment sighting".  Since YRC's merger no new equipment has been purchased going on two years now.  So I spied this "new trailer" sporting a new fairing.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #900 on: December 01, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #901 on: December 02, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »
Heh, guess we'll chalk YRC up there for testing out those skirts too. Great catch!

Updated 8/10/2018

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
« Reply #902 on: December 02, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »
Has a Pitt Ohio FL Cascadia day cab been mentioned before? ??? I saw one (no pic) heading westbound on the PATP today around Bristol. Looked pretty sharp too.  8)
Pitt Ohio Cascadia ......  :o :o :o I Thought they were Going to stay with Mack  ???

BTW Speaking of Cascadias, I wonder if A. Duie Pyle when Get any  ???

I've never seen a Cascadia. My guess is that it was a purchased around the same time as the Transtars, Prostars and Pinnacles when PO needed to find a new supplier with the closing of Sterling.

We have a Transtar at our terminal that I drove for the first time this evening to make some late pick-ups. This particular one has been plagued with electrical problems since it was new. In fact, it came back from the dealer this afternoon and I had an electrical fault code only 20 miles down the road. That aside, this was not only the most comfortable fleet truck I've driven but it has the visibility and maneuverability of a cabover.
Jim

Jimmy B

« Reply #903 on: December 03, 2010, 03:03:22 AM »
This is sort of a "new equipment sighting".  Since YRC's merger no new equipment has been purchased going on two years now.  So I spied this "new trailer" sporting a new fairing.

Load it to 819 so I can get some pics.

Jimmy B

The Yellow Line

« Reply #904 on: December 03, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
Noticed a YRC 53ft with sideskirts in Worcester, MA. Sorry, no picture. :'(
Always follow The Yellow Line

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
« Reply #905 on: December 05, 2010, 01:43:08 AM »
Heh, guess we'll chalk YRC up there for testing out those skirts too. Great catch!

Not testing... Required by California law.

At least YRC is realizing and making an effort towards compliance to the CARB mandate. Saia (nor many others), from what I've seen and heard, haven't made such an effort.

Yes, it's a California law, not Federal. And while that trailer is not in Cali, yet, the skirt (along with LRR tires) will be required for use in that market. STAA trailers don't require these modifications, yet - so you will not likelly see skirts on anything shorter than 48'. With this being said, I did spot a Fed Ex Freight pup trailer sporting a skirt. I would like to know how these will help the handling dynamics of a set of doubles - or triples...

Ray F

« Reply #906 on: December 11, 2010, 02:58:02 PM »
I Dont know If this is New Equipment or Not But an Estes IH 8600 with Chrome Wheels and super singles on all 3 axles  :o :o First Time Ive seen That on an Estes Rig  :o ;D

Cornbinder

• OPEN ROAD...a trucker's dream....
« Reply #907 on: December 14, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »
I Dont know If this is New Equipment or Not But an Estes IH 8600 with Chrome Wheels and super singles on all 3 axles  :o :o First Time Ive seen That on an Estes Rig  :o ;D

Ray,, that is different for an Estes truck, wonder maybe an ex Penske lease truck painted in Estes livery color's but they left the tire's and rim's on! just a thought.

LoneStar

• The Con-way Guy
    • Photobucket Album
« Reply #908 on: December 14, 2010, 07:55:59 PM »
I've never even seen a Penske truck with aluminum wheels though.  :-\

Thanks to roogie for the Photo!

Ray F

« Reply #909 on: December 14, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »
I've never even seen a Penske truck with aluminum wheels though.  :-\
Agreed !!!! Im Wondering if it might have been a Million Miler or Dedicated account That needed Weight Savings  ??? It was Pulling a Mixed set of GI/Estes Pups too  ???

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #910 on: December 15, 2010, 05:57:34 AM »
I spotted one of UPS's new Mack Pinnacles this morning pulling doubles, sadly no pic though.

Big L

« Reply #911 on: December 26, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »
UPS Freight in Kansas City has several new Internationals sitting on their yard, along with some new city liftgates.  Here is one I saw across the street at the McDonalds.  The seats were still wrapped in plastic. (And the picture was through my windshield, sorry about the glare)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 06:03:05 PM by Big L »

davef

« Reply #912 on: January 01, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »
R&L is testing a new KW T-660 and it has been seen by a friend along I-65 near Indianpolis.

Dwayne

« Reply #913 on: January 02, 2011, 06:31:45 AM »
R&L is testing a new KW T-660 and it has been seen by a friend along I-65 near Indianpolis.

:o :o That I want to see! Was it nice?

davef

« Reply #914 on: January 02, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »
I hear the R+L KW has full roof and side fairings as well as the tank skirting and is in their green paint scheme so I am sure it looks great.  He is hoping to catch a photo of it some night.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #914 on: January 02, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs