If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 386412 times)

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #825 on: March 28, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »
A Volvo key is an actual Volvo factory key. Pretty fancy setup for a truck key. All of ours came keyed differently. A line drivers delight, P&Ds worst nightmare. The internationals at Motor Cargo all had the same key from 1994-2006.

We have different keys for many of our units, Kenworths, Internationals, red Volvos and white Volvos all have different keys.  I've never driven any of our Freightliners or Mack so I'm not sure about those.

roog

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #825 on: March 28, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »

RedStapler

• Not Sure-Camacho 2016
« Reply #826 on: March 28, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »
Keys, what are these Keys that you speak off? 

All Con-Way equipment has a start button of a dummy key permanently glued into the ignition.

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #827 on: March 28, 2010, 06:29:18 PM »
What happens when you lock the keys in the truck, Red? LOL!  :lol:
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #828 on: March 30, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »
Not exactly new equipment per se but maybe new equipment on newer equipment?  :? Last week on I-59 around McCalla AL i spotted a Con-way TL KW T660 with those Mesilla Valley type shiny wheel covers on the tractor.  :-o No pic but the driver said they've been testing them on a few units for about 4 months or so. Has anyone else seen these and has a pic been posted? :?

Ray F

« Reply #829 on: March 30, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
Not exactly new equipment per se but maybe new equipment on newer equipment?  :? Last week on I-59 around McCalla AL i spotted a Con-way TL KW T660 with those Mesilla Valley type shiny wheel covers on the tractor.  :-o No pic but the driver said they've been testing them on a few units for about 4 months or so. Has anyone else seen these and has a pic been posted? :?
I Just Posted about this a week or so ago, Because i seen one Laying over at the TA Truckstop, I Tried getting an Action Shot, But The DANG Pic BLURRED !!!!!!  :x :|

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #830 on: March 31, 2010, 02:56:10 PM »

I spotted one of those on I-70 in eastern CO today, Charlie! Here's the pic I got:

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/norseman77/USA%202010/DSC_0260.jpg

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #831 on: March 31, 2010, 03:01:28 PM »
Oh, and would a twin screw sleeper ProStar for Estes, pulling an unmarked white dryvan by any chance be a new equipment sighting? :? First one I've seen at least. I spotted it at the McDonald's across the street from the T/A here in Limon, CO this evening as I was eating dinner, but it was already gone by the time I had finished my steak and gotten out, so no pics...

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Ray F

« Reply #832 on: March 31, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »
Oh, and would a twin screw sleeper ProStar for Estes, pulling an unmarked white dryvan by any chance be a new equipment sighting? :? First one I've seen at least. I spotted it at the McDonald's across the street from the T/A here in Limon, CO this evening as I was eating dinner, but it was already gone by the time I had finished my steak and gotten out, so no pics...

Jan.
I Should Have known Estes would Be following suit with The Prostars  :-o :-o I didnt even know Estes was Ordering any New Trucks right now  :?

Ray F

« Reply #833 on: April 01, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »
Finally seen one of Last of the Sterlings Conway Ordered, The ones with the Clean Idle Stickers on The Hood :?

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #834 on: April 01, 2010, 02:36:29 PM »
Express Transport has either a 8600 or a ProStar, cant tell the difference at night. Passed him this morning on Sexton at about 2 am. Was handling his triples pretty well, but my 500 Cat couldn't be held back. :-D

JOSH403

« Reply #835 on: April 01, 2010, 07:42:38 PM »
8600 Nate. Looks to be a used Penske rig. Has Express ever bought anything off the showroom floor brand new?

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #836 on: April 02, 2010, 07:59:02 AM »
Not that I know of. The same guy has been using a little 8100 for the past 5 years going between Medford and Portland with triples.

Thanks for the id info Josh, glad they finally got something from this century!!

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #837 on: April 03, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »
Anyone mention Averitt Prostar sleepers yet? :? Saw one last week on I-59 in MS. :-)

LoneStar

• The Con-way Guy
    • Photobucket Album
« Reply #838 on: April 03, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »
I spotted one of those on I-70 in eastern CO today, Charlie! Here's the pic I got:

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/norseman77/USA%202010/DSC_0260.jpg

Jan.

Never thought Con-way would fall into the wheel cover trap... Now if only they would get some more Peterbilts in there too.

Thanks to roogie for the Photo!

davef

« Reply #839 on: April 04, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »
Nate: I saw the same 8600 Josh is talking about with triples just south or Portland recently.  Also have seen a newer Freigthliner M2 painted gold pulling doubles north of Portland.  It's the large version of the M2 (like Oak harbor has) with the 112" BBC and is a tandem. 

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #839 on: April 04, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs