If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 393286 times)

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #795 on: January 16, 2010, 01:22:58 AM »
Like this Dave? This was our 04.

Medford only has 2 line drivers now. One runs to Seattle the other runs to Portland. A Seattle driver also comes down to Medford. So both line tractors are used in the day on P&D, Medford also has a puddle jumper and a newer 4400 tractor.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #795 on: January 16, 2010, 01:22:58 AM »

Chris_E

« Reply #796 on: January 16, 2010, 07:04:35 AM »
I saw an NEMF 4300 straight truck last night.  It might not be new to the fleet, but it's new to the local terminal.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

davef

« Reply #797 on: January 16, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
Thats it Nate!

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #798 on: January 16, 2010, 07:47:36 PM »

Medford only has 2 line drivers now. One runs to Seattle the other runs to Portland. A Seattle driver also comes down to Medford. So both line tractors are used in the day on P&D, Medford also has a puddle jumper and a newer 4400 tractor.

Wow :-o :-o  Thats an 04' I dont recal ever seeing one of these in person.   Guess im out of the loop.  Thanks Nate

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #799 on: January 16, 2010, 07:49:16 PM »

Wow :-o :-o  Thats an 04' I dont recal ever seeing one of these in person.   Guess im out of the loop.  Thanks Nate

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #800 on: January 17, 2010, 02:04:58 AM »
The 32 foot lift gates are pretty new, 08's. Portland got quiet a few, and Eugene has one. They brought in a few 53's as well, Eugene doesn't really need one, so not sure why they got one, but hey, never turn down a lift gate in the trailer pool!!  :-D

Chris_E

« Reply #801 on: January 22, 2010, 12:13:40 PM »
As I'm writing this, there's a Con-Way Cascadia hooked to a long box on P&D backed up to the dock at Bunzl.  They sure didn't waste any time slip seating these things! :-P  Unfortunately, due to the fading light, I won't be able to get a picture. :-(
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #802 on: January 22, 2010, 01:36:30 PM »
As I'm writing this, there's a Con-Way Cascadia hooked to a long box on P&D backed up to the dock at Bunzl.  They sure didn't waste any time slip seating these things! :-P  Unfortunately, due to the fading light, I won't be able to get a picture. :-(

I just saw another Con-Way Cascadia hooked to a 53' rental on I-70 in Salina, KS about 20 minutes ago. 

roog

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #803 on: January 22, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
I've been seeing them all week pulling triples on I-5. I went by the local barn but it doesn't seem to have them, I'd imagine they are put of Portland.

davef

« Reply #804 on: January 23, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
I've been seeing about 3  Con-Way Cascadias a night between Spokane and Seattle.  I assume they are Seattle based.  Nice looking trucks!

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #805 on: February 04, 2010, 07:23:01 AM »
Southeastern Mack (Vision or Pinnacle  :?) on I-75 today near Estero FL.  8-)

Took a while but i finally caught another Southeastern Mack doing P&D work this morning along Jones Loop Road in Punta Gorda FL.

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #806 on: February 18, 2010, 08:05:18 PM »
Oak Harbor is getting some new to them lift gates from a nusery in California. Saw two sets with two each heading north today.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #807 on: March 02, 2010, 01:12:44 PM »
Coming up I-81 this morning i saw the following UPSF units between Pulaski VA & Winchester VA.  :-)

White Prostar sleepers with the acorn on the airshield pulling pups.

A Volvo sleeper in the brown/grey livery pulling an Advance Auto Parts long box.

A white Mack (Vision or Pinnacle not sure) with the acorn on the doors with Advance Auto Parts pups.

The Yellow Line

« Reply #808 on: March 02, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
Charlie,
    The white ProStar sleepers are "real" UPS sleeper team tractors, not UPS Freight. :wink:
Always follow The Yellow Line

Chris_E

« Reply #809 on: March 02, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »
Charlie,
    The white ProStar sleepers are "real" UPS sleeper team tractors, not UPS Freight. :wink:

I don't know about that, Chris.  I've seen several pictures of white Columbias for Freight recently that were leased from Penske.  I think Freight may be doing what UPS has already been doing for their teams.  Without a picture, I can't say for certain.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #809 on: March 02, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs