If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 390244 times)

Ray F

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #750 on: November 15, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »
Great shot Mike!  I have seen these but haven't had a chance to get a photo as I see them at night.  Maybe Fed Ex National is getting tired of some fo the Volvo problems with the regen system too?
seems Like a Large Majority of Fleets are switching over from volvo to other Manufacturers  :? :?

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #750 on: November 15, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Escape02

« Reply #751 on: November 16, 2009, 11:49:36 AM »
I see Escape02 posted a pic of a FedEx national LTL Prostar.  Heres one I found sitting at the Hotel in Hermiston Yesterday morning.  I assume he's out of Boise and wasnt able to make it back as the chain law was in effect the night before up on Cabbage Hill which made his a trip a bit slower than usual.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/avsfan118/Hanks%20Forum%20Post%20Pics/IMG_6548.jpg

Your shot is 100x better then mine.  Thanks for posting, they look good.

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #752 on: November 16, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »
Great shot Mike!  I have seen these but haven't had a chance to get a photo as I see them at night.  Maybe Fed Ex National is getting tired of some fo the Volvo problems with the regen system too?
Thanks Dave,

Your shot is 100x better then mine.  Thanks for posting, they look good.

Thanks but you still posted the first pic of one :wink:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 07:52:22 PM by Mike C »

RedStapler

• Not Sure-Camacho 2016
« Reply #753 on: November 18, 2009, 04:01:20 PM »
I caught this Fedkins Cascadia this evening on my way to Reno. 

The twin screws and extra wheelbase seem a bit out of the ordinary for LTL. I wonder if its a lease or demo unit.

Reading the Cascadia thread on Truckingboards apparently Con-Way is leasing them.  I wonder if Freightliner up to their old tricks of buying market share once again with subsidized leasing and guaranteeing optimistic residuals.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #754 on: November 18, 2009, 04:02:56 PM »
It's a good picture Red, but I'm not sure if that's a company truck or not. It doesn't really look spec'd for it.

Updated 8/10/2018

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #755 on: November 18, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »
They have some Volvo VNL's that you'd never believe are company trucks. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that one wasn't one.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

davef

« Reply #756 on: November 18, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
The "P" prefix on that Fed Ex National Cascadia shows that it is a contractor leased to them.  They continued the same  paractice in this numbering from Watkins.  The aluminum wheels are another giveaway that this is not a company unit.  As far as I know all sleeper units at FXN are single axles.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #757 on: November 20, 2009, 02:41:20 PM »
New one on me. :-o Can't recall ever seeing a New Century International 8100 before - checked all my pics & can't find a one. Any idea where they might have picked this up from?  :?

Chris_E

« Reply #758 on: November 20, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »
Probably Penske.  Jason said in the past how they can't pass up a good deal when it's available.  Local terminal probably needed another P&D truck and Penske may have just been having a surplus sale at the time. :-D  Cool catch, nonetheless.  New Century is always good for a mold breaker truck once in awhile.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Jason D.

« Reply #759 on: November 20, 2009, 03:42:39 PM »
Jeez, I gotta get back into uploading pics.... :oops:

I photographed that at the yard last year, but never got around to posting it. That's the only 8100 in the fleet as far as I know. No idea on power or anything, but I imagine it can't be a whole lot. And as far as where they picked it up, your guess is as good as mine...

You're very much right on them being a mold breaker, as well as frugal. They have so many different trucks down there...

Mike C

« Reply #760 on: November 20, 2009, 07:10:26 PM »
Jeez, I gotta get back into uploading pics.... :oops:

I photographed that at the yard last year, but never got around to posting it. That's the only 8100 in the fleet as far as I know. No idea on power or anything, but I imagine it can't be a whole lot. And as far as where they picked it up, your guess is as good as mine...

You're very much right on them being a mold breaker, as well as frugal. They have so many different trucks down there...

WOW,   kinda cool looking.  Wish I could see a New Century daycab in person :roll:

Chris_E

« Reply #761 on: December 01, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
(This isn't exactly a new sighting, but new for Con-Way Freight).  I saw an ex-Con-Way Truckload trailer (pre-facelift) rebranded in the new Con-Way livery.  The trailer still had side skirts and swing doors and was being pulled by a city tractor in matching livery.  I didn't have a camera, so no picture. :-(  However, I'm hoping it will appear again in the future...

Just to give an idea of what I'm talking about, here's a picture of one from the CWT days.  Photo by Gary Morton, obtained from the David Faust collection.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #762 on: December 01, 2009, 11:47:25 AM »
I saw the same Con-Way combo in Edison today Chris but couldn't get a shot cause the driveway was blocked by a 2nd truck. :x

Mike C

« Reply #763 on: December 01, 2009, 11:48:08 AM »
(This isn't exactly a new sighting, but new for Con-Way Freight).  I saw an ex-Con-Way Truckload trailer (pre-facelift) rebranded in the new Con-Way livery.  The trailer still had side skirts and swing doors and was being pulled by a city tractor in matching livery.  I didn't have a camera, so no picture. :-(  However, I'm hoping it will appear again in the future...

Just to give an idea of what I'm talking about, here's a picture of one from the CWT days.  Photo by Gary Morton, obtained from the David Faust collection.

They got one or 2 of them out here in Portland, OR now as well.  Ill work on getting a pic.

Mike C

« Reply #764 on: December 01, 2009, 11:51:08 AM »
Been seing a new "short nose" single axle Cascadia for FedEx Ground running around Portland the last few weeks.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #764 on: December 01, 2009, 11:51:08 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs