If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 386427 times)

truknut02

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #540 on: December 23, 2008, 01:50:43 PM »
Pretty doubtful, might have been an 8100 with the reman hood that makes it look half Sterling-ish.
It was

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #540 on: December 23, 2008, 01:50:43 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Chris_E

« Reply #541 on: December 23, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »
I'm not a fan of the Egg-Nog, Ray, but I did get an early Christmas present from a co-worker this afternoon...... :wink:

Here is your Sterling-Ish tractor.
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/dfaust/2007/03-12/ups-24035.jpg

Do you do the "reefer?" :-P
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

truknut02

« Reply #542 on: December 23, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »
Nate im  100% sure it was a sterling.

Ray F

« Reply #543 on: December 23, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »
I'm not a fan of the Egg-Nog, Ray, but I did get an early Christmas present from a co-worker this afternoon...... :wink:

Here is your Sterling-Ish tractor.
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/dfaust/2007/03-12/ups-24035.jpg
Me Neither  :| :| I dont like Eggs  :| :| BTW I have never seen one of those 8100s like that before  :-o :-o BTW it looks to me more like a Newer Ford F600 or F700 More than a Sterling  :-D :-D

davef

« Reply #544 on: December 28, 2008, 06:21:11 AM »
Nate, why couldn't that have been a Sterling?  I am sure UPS Freight will be running all the name brands UPS is buying and they have already proved that with the Mack Visions they are testing and the ProStars.  Sterling is the brand UPS is currently buying to fill their standing order so I am sure Ryan is correct!  Ryan, I will keep an eye open in Hermiston where the UPS Freight guys lay over coming out of SLC.  Maybe I will catch one of these!

truknut02

« Reply #545 on: December 28, 2008, 06:49:56 AM »
Nate, why couldn't that have been a Sterling?  I am sure UPS Freight will be running all the name brands UPS is buying and they have already proved that with the Mack Visions they are testing and the ProStars.  Sterling is the brand UPS is currently buying to fill their standing order so I am sure Ryan is correct!  Ryan, I will keep an eye open in Hermiston where the UPS Freight guys lay over coming out of SLC.  Maybe I will catch one of these!
Thanks Dave.

Chris_E

« Reply #546 on: December 28, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »
If it was a Sterling, it would be a sight to see, as Sterling is now a defunct truck manufacturer.  Was it in UPS Freight colors?
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

davef

« Reply #547 on: December 29, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »
These companies are always full of surprizes so you just never know.  They didn't tell us we were getting Volvos last year either and after the ProStars rolled in we were shocked to see Volvos and they ended up getting over 100 of them!  Why they keep this stuff secret is beyond me!  Test units especially won't be mentioned in the budgets as they usually get a deal on them.  I remember Roadway getting test tractors for about 1/2 the cost (purchase price used to be on the registration).

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2008, 01:24:24 AM »
These companies are always full of surprizes so you just never know.  They didn't tell us we were getting Volvos last year either and after the ProStars rolled in we were shocked to see Volvos and they ended up getting over 100 of them!  Why they keep this stuff secret is beyond me!  Test units especially won't be mentioned in the budgets as they usually get a deal on them.  I remember Roadway getting test tractors for about 1/2 the cost (purchase price used to be on the registration).

Most of our test units are shown on the registration papers that they were sold for $1.  We've gotten a lot of new 09 Volvo VNLs and we were told we were going all KW.  All the FXNational trucks I see now are the new Volvos.

roog

DAVID350

« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2008, 06:44:08 AM »
Seen a Southeasten Mack.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #550 on: December 30, 2008, 07:23:11 AM »
Seen a Southeasten Mack.

Single axle or twin screw?  :? Either way i'd think it would look good in their livery.  8-) Almost asked if it was an R model.  :-D

DAVID350

« Reply #551 on: December 30, 2008, 09:30:38 AM »
Sinlge axle. It was a Vision. I think they had R models at one time.

davef

« Reply #552 on: December 30, 2008, 02:25:04 PM »
Southeastern had Mack U models at one time but I don't remember R models.  Did Sterling already stop making trucks?  I thought they were going to finish off all their existing orders first.  I know UPS had an order in for them as CACH was supposed to get a bunch of them.  I figured they had about 6 months worth of orders left?

DAVID350

« Reply #553 on: December 30, 2008, 02:55:01 PM »
They had both, after looking at some of your collection. :-D

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #554 on: December 30, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »
Southeastern had Mack U models at one time but I don't remember R models.  Did Sterling already stop making trucks?  I thought they were going to finish off all their existing orders first.  I know UPS had an order in for them as CACH was supposed to get a bunch of them.  I figured they had about 6 months worth of orders left?

They are officially closing up shop around mid-09, so I'd say finish up orders and produce a few more lot sellers for the FL dealerships and then be done with it.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #554 on: December 30, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs