If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 385912 times)

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #435 on: November 07, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
Got passed by an FXF T800 tonight. He was running good too. Was right on me, and then blew my doors off. Dolly was equipped with Super Singles too.

The Super Singles are slowly being phased out on the dollys/gears.  We can't take them west as I think they are illegal to run on triples in some states, so they want to make them all regular duals to eliminate the possibility of having the wrong equipment in the wrong place.  They won't even let me pull them to Denver from Kansas City, even though I have SS drive tires.

roog

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #435 on: November 07, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2008, 01:31:41 AM »
Fed-Ex National Freight sleeper Cascadia T/A.

Seen a few Yellow freight Sterlings as of late, new logo. I imagine these aren't new (maybe they are?), but they are unusual for me to see. I was in SLC.

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2008, 02:01:24 AM »
Talked to a Saia driver on Saterday morning while fueling, he was in an 08 Volvo, we talked about how a lot of the LTL companies are buying Volvo's up, and he said that Saia is supposed to test out the Cascadia and ProStar soon, he didn't know where, but said the word came from management. Quiet interesting to me, but I guess they have too test, theres more trucks than just the Volvo's.

Dredging this one up... Have not seen, nor heard of any Cascadias being in the fleet. Although during a meeting yesterday, I have heard there are International sleepers being tested out of Tennessee, likely Prostars. We are starting to get our 09' Team sleeper tractors, which are Volvo VNL's w/ Cummins and DPF's. The newest Line tractors we have are early phase 08 Volvo VNM's w/o DPF's and late phase 08 Volvo VNM's w/ DPF's. It is possible, like in 2005, that there will be very few Line tractor purchases, with most instead being team sleepers. I've driven one of the 09's and was not impressed with it's lacking performance compared to the 06 we are currently in, but it's possible it wasn't broken in yet. Saia is ordering the new tractors with advanced Vorad systems from Eaton (has what looks like a glass eye mounted in a black box in the center of the bumper as well as a sensor on the passenger side skirt. New for the 09 is also a Lane Departure sensor, which reproduces the sound of a rumble strip when going over a painted line w/o a turn signal being on.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 01:04:55 PM by The Joe »

roogie

« Reply #438 on: November 12, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »
I saw a flatbed trailer with 2 new UPS package cars, both had stickers on the side that said they were a Low Emissions Vehicle - Powered by Natural Gas.

roog

roogie

« Reply #439 on: November 17, 2008, 12:56:47 PM »
FedEx Freight East has new Volvo VNLs in St. Louis. Pics already on my site listed in my  thread entitled "Trying something new". Ppsting this from my iPhone so I can't copy and paste the link in.

roog

Update:  Link - http://gallery.me.com/roogie
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:53:19 PM by roogie »

Moneyman01

« Reply #440 on: November 17, 2008, 03:21:09 PM »
I seen a MME Cascadia last week in SD. That Cascadia looks good in MME colors and I really like it as a day cab with a air fairing.

Below 30

• Video games for life.
« Reply #441 on: November 17, 2008, 06:09:20 PM »
Nice shots roogie, FedEx sure  knows how to present a Volvo. In Ontario Canada I notice more UPS Navistar tractors on the highway, but I always have to do a double take when I see the FedEx Volvo.

When skills ruled.

-30-

swift#1

« Reply #442 on: November 18, 2008, 07:56:08 AM »
looks like they  found a different place to put the certified clean idle sticker :-D  a better spot  to put it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 07:59:13 AM by swift#1 »
Proud Driver for Swift Transportation, 18 Years Safe Driving.

tom_the_trucker

« Reply #443 on: November 18, 2008, 07:57:20 AM »
looks like they  found a different place to put the certified clean idle sticker :-D  another dumb spot to put it.

Not as dumb as the hood......this would probably be the most appropriate spot for it

swift#1

« Reply #444 on: November 18, 2008, 08:13:42 AM »
you quoted me as i was changing my post...when i first saw it i though it was on the fairings..then i looked again closely and realized it was actually on the body it self...
the hood was dumb... as for volvo hoods get changed alot :lol:     that is a better spot
Proud Driver for Swift Transportation, 18 Years Safe Driving.

roogie

« Reply #445 on: November 18, 2008, 02:44:47 PM »
That black plastic is new for the Volvo daycabs too (at least for FXFE.)  It's very rigid and seems mounted kinda flimsy, they are on top of the standard fairings we get so they will get knocked off fast I'm sure.

Also the air tanks are redesigned a bit and there are jump start terminals behind the cab between the frame rails instead of on the battery box.

roog

tom_the_trucker

« Reply #446 on: November 19, 2008, 10:26:03 AM »
you quoted me as i was changing my post.

Sorry bout that!

pat

• Regular Membership
  • hi
filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #448 on: November 19, 2008, 01:54:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing that Pat.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

pat

• Regular Membership
  • hi
« Reply #449 on: November 19, 2008, 02:22:46 PM »
Thanks for sharing that Pat.
not a problem mr nately  :-D
filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #449 on: November 19, 2008, 02:22:46 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs