If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 385892 times)

Chad

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #420 on: October 22, 2008, 01:24:03 PM »
That'd be a new one Eric, but if it passed you up, it wasn't a Con-Way! :-o

In all seriousness however, they are probably playing the fields with the news of Sterling being folded, makes you wonder if they will leave Daimler all together. 

Speed limit is only 55 in Ohio unless your on the pike. I have run OH enough to know that Con Way drivers run wide open at 62 out there  :-D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #420 on: October 22, 2008, 01:24:03 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

davef

« Reply #421 on: October 29, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »

Not proud of these photos but here is the first shots I could get of one of those awards edition Fed Ex Freight tractors with dual stacks.  Shot these going through and intersection with triples while he was going the other way!

JOSH403

« Reply #422 on: October 29, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »
I was driving past the Fedex yard in Fife the other weekend and had to do a doubletake when I noticed a truck with more than one stack! Good to see one in action.

Cobra13

« Reply #423 on: October 30, 2008, 08:22:41 AM »
Sharp truck, but he needs to throw some chrome nutcovers on those wheels.

wbache

« Reply #424 on: October 31, 2008, 07:33:37 AM »
We don't see too much of Mountain Valley Express but yesterday coming home from a Dr appt on the 605 I found myself following a van pup and behind it a flat  bed(pup). Both freshly painted and the grapics looked new on the van pup. The flat bed was empty and had what looked like a sheet of plywood on the front for a header board.  Flat beds behind vans in a doubles combinations is not something often seen at least in this area.  Sorry no pic--too busy staying out of trouble at 65 mph.

davef

« Reply #425 on: October 31, 2008, 02:55:33 PM »
Walt:  Look at the MVE website and you will see the new graphics on a set of doubles.  I saw a few of these trailers mixed in with TP Freight Lines in Oregon.  They are different and the graphics look black at night.

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #426 on: October 31, 2008, 04:38:19 PM »
Sharp truck, but he needs to throw some chrome nutcovers on those wheels.

We are not allowed to put any type of cosmetic add-ons to our tractors, FedEx is very strict about this usually.  They do compliance checks monthly on our tractors to check for improper CB antenna mounting, etc.  I had to get permission to add an FM line input for my Sirius satellite radio (the kind that plugs into the antenna cable on the back of the radio.)

roog

Cobra13

« Reply #427 on: October 31, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
Wow. That's sad. :-(

Well hey, what can you do. Job pays I guess. :roll:

davef

« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »

First look at the new UPS Freight ProStar.  Photos taken by a friend who lives in Tennessee.

Chris_E

« Reply #429 on: November 06, 2008, 12:35:01 PM »
Sweet, looks good in the UPSF scheme. 8-)  They're finally getting some VNLs here in Southeastern PA, but I have not yet seen any Mack Visions and I bet it will be a while before I see a UPSF Prostar, or a Prostar for any LTL company for that matter. :|
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

davef

« Reply #430 on: November 06, 2008, 12:37:06 PM »
UPS is buying lots of ProStars for their package division as well so you might see one of those before long!

Chris_E

« Reply #431 on: November 06, 2008, 12:43:02 PM »
UPS is buying lots of ProStars for their package division as well so you might see one of those before long!

I've been keeping my out for those too, but the newest trucks I've seen for both companies are International 9400s on the Freight side, and an '09 VNL made a surprise appearance doing P&D the other day with a 40' Overnite Strick trailer.  I'll keep a look out, especially around the holidays.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but a regional LTL carrier around here, System Freight, has purchased Mack Pinnacle single axle daycabs.  I've been seeing them since the summer, but I don't know if it was mentioned.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #432 on: November 06, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »
I saw two yesterday near Checotah, OK, they were the all brown UPS package feeder tractors.  I didn't have my camera with me however.   :-(

roog

truknut02

« Reply #433 on: November 06, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »

First look at the new UPS Freight ProStar.  Photos taken by a friend who lives in Tennessee.
Wow that looks sweet I like it.   :-D

Cobra13

« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2008, 01:08:48 PM »
Got passed by an FXF T800 tonight. He was running good too. Was right on me, and then blew my doors off. Dolly was equipped with Super Singles too.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2008, 01:08:48 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs