If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 393290 times)

Chris_E

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #405 on: October 09, 2008, 01:34:34 AM »

That looks to be an ex-Redstar tractor that they purchased right before they closed.  I like that setup though.  Holland has a lot of T300 single axles out here, but the majority of their fleet is tandem axles, mainly for line.  That International is probably now for P&D and/or peddle runs.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #405 on: October 09, 2008, 01:34:34 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Cobra13

« Reply #406 on: October 09, 2008, 03:04:43 AM »
I see the occasional T300 or FLD single screw, but I usually see tandem Volvo's.

davef

« Reply #407 on: October 09, 2008, 04:16:45 AM »
The Holland single axles like the one Paul shot are old Dugan tractors.  They also have some FLD and Volvo WG model single axles and all of these are used from Red Star.  Single axle tractors are used at Holland for city use only.  You won't find any new orange painted Volvo VNM models like what Reddaway has.  The reason is they use tandems to pull 48' and 53' trailers in the Holland line fleet and need the tandems to keep them legal. 

USF Holland also now has the black airshield logo as that is the "new" USF look.  The tractors that are sporting the blue and orange logo are the 2006 models and they changed over mid-2007.  Reddaway recieved some International 9400s with the orange and blue logo and then swapped to the black logo which is supposed to show up better on the orange background.

Chris_E

« Reply #408 on: October 09, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »
The Holland single axles like the one Paul shot are old Dugan tractors.

Really?  I thought the ex-Dugan tractors had orange bumpers.  The one in Paul's shot appears to have a gray one.  I do stand to be corrected however, the bumper could've been replaced or it was an oddball unit.  I've seen a Freightliner FLD single axle for Holland before hooked to one of the former Dugan liftgate pups, but it appears Holland has gotten rid of all of their single axle Volvo WGs, at least in Philadelphia.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

davef

« Reply #409 on: October 09, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »
The Red Star Internationals all had flat airshields on the roof instead of the full airshield like the one Paul shot.  The bumper probably was replaced or repainted to match the rest of the Holland fleet.  The rest of that tractor matches Dugan specs from the low profile tires and the sun visor to the size of the aluminum fuel tanks.  We have some of the newer Dugan tractors in the Reddaway fleet and they have the orange bunper for now but that may change as they try to adaprt them to the rest of the fleet.

Chris_E

« Reply #410 on: October 10, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »
The Red Star Internationals all had flat airshields on the roof instead of the full airshield like the one Paul shot.  The bumper probably was replaced or repainted to match the rest of the Holland fleet.  The rest of that tractor matches Dugan specs from the low profile tires and the sun visor to the size of the aluminum fuel tanks.  We have some of the newer Dugan tractors in the Reddaway fleet and they have the orange bunper for now but that may change as they try to adaprt them to the rest of the fleet.

Thanks for the info, Dave.  Holland's new livery is starting to show up on the trucks out here as well.  I saw a T300 with a gray wheel on the steering axle the other day, so as older parts are replaced, newer parts will start appearing on older trucks (or vice versa in some cases.)

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #411 on: October 10, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »
Dave's right, they changed some parts, but you can still tell it's a Dugan.

I saw an ex-USF Redstar tractor a few months ago on the NE Extension of the PA Turnpike.  They're older looking 9100s so it was very easy to tell.  It also only had the small air foil unlike the rest of the trucks with the full fairing packages.

Updated 8/10/2018

davef

« Reply #412 on: October 11, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »

Just for clarification purposes this is one of the Red Star 9100s.  They had a handful of single axles as well but most were screws.  Note the chopped bumper, painted fuel tanks and flat airshield as well as lack of sun visor.

pat

• Regular Membership
  • hi
« Reply #413 on: October 17, 2008, 05:41:29 AM »
r&l carriers cascadia with sleeper  :-D
filthy stinking rich. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #414 on: October 19, 2008, 04:35:47 AM »
FedEx Freight is getting new Kenworths and ditching Volvo altogether on the East side.  I've heard that we have new T660s at our Dallas center, should be getting some pics early this week.

roog

davef

« Reply #415 on: October 19, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »
Fed Ex Freight West has some new T-800s and I saw at least one with dual exhaust stacks on the outside of the airshield.  They are numbered in a 1800000 series.

Chad

« Reply #416 on: October 19, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
They told us here in WV no more KW's only Volvo? We have a hard time getting parts for KW despite the fact there is a KW dealer 15 miles from the terminal. They made our KW a city tractor and replaced it with a new Volvo. They won't let us even use it as a spare have to use a red racer with way more miles and our T8 is one of the better one's. Next truck is due in January so will see then. :|

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #417 on: October 19, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »
Fed Ex Freight West has some new T-800s and I saw at least one with dual exhaust stacks on the outside of the airshield.  They are numbered in a 1800000 series.

That double stack KW should be an assigned tractor for a million miler or similar.  There are a lot of trucks going to California from Denver, Denver has gotten a lot of new KWs in the last month.

roog

Eric (ep)

• Friend Of Coal
    • The Myspace Page
« Reply #418 on: October 22, 2008, 05:10:20 AM »
Don't know how new, but its new to me, I Had a Conway T-600 single axle pullling doubles passed me up in northern Ohio last night on I-75...

COAL, Keeps The Lights On!

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #419 on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:03 AM »
That'd be a new one Eric, but if it passed you up, it wasn't a Con-Way! :-o

In all seriousness however, they are probably playing the fields with the news of Sterling being folded, makes you wonder if they will leave Daimler all together. 
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #419 on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:03 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs