If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 392783 times)

dino9854

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »
Spotted this FedEx Cascadia south on I-15 just outside of Barstow, Ca today.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Ray F

« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2008, 06:46:20 PM »
estes terminal near me Got for a Couple New 8600s (2 or 3 without roof Fairings and the rest with roof fairings and a Couple 8100s Plain white now with the red wheels on them, are These Ex GI Trucking trucks  :? :? I Think there is 10 plain white trucks i have seen so far a Couple 8600s, 2 or 3 8100s,a White/GMC WG42 S/A, and a Frtl FL70 S/A as well, Last time i was over at the Terminal (this was a Few Months ago) these trucks weren't There  :? :? these i believe are for the Specialized Division  :-D :-D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:48:17 PM by Ray F »

davef

« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2008, 07:57:14 AM »
That tandem Cascadia looks like a broker hauling Fed Ex pups to me.  Has anyone seen any UPS Freight Mack Visions?  I have some "spy" photos of both a sleeper and a daycab.

Ray F

« Reply #348 on: August 11, 2008, 08:14:05 AM »
That tandem Cascadia looks like a broker hauling Fed Ex pups to me.  Has anyone seen any UPS Freight Mack Visions?  I have some "spy" photos of both a sleeper and a daycab.
No,  :? :? I didnt know UPS Freight was even getting any new trucks yet  :-o :-o at least UPSF is thinking with there Brains and not the Dollar signs in their eyes  :lol: :lol: i been wondering what a Mack vision would look like in UPSF Paint Scheme  :-D :-D

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #349 on: August 11, 2008, 08:55:42 AM »
Dave,

The shots are interesting, and I'll save my reasoning for why until you post them.

But what makes me question this purchase is that Volvo has been screwing over UPSF on warranty work, something that should be honored, they are saying that its "driver wear and tear" and that they wont cover it. IH had been actually working on our Volvo's for free just to prove something to UPSF. So doing this, Mack and Volvo's Warranty Department is the same, and I remember UPS and ABF also having problems with the Mack Warranty's, so if this works out we'll see.

But it is nice to see a Bulldog on our equipment now, maybe I'll get one of these new trucks! :-D :-o
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Ray F

« Reply #350 on: August 11, 2008, 10:38:39 AM »
I should have known this was coming  :roll: :roll: on The UPS Ground side they have had Macks For years, so i guess now this shouldnt been a Surprise  :roll: :roll: :-D

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #351 on: August 11, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »
Actually Ray, it really is, UPS and ABF have had a major lawsuit against Mack over the Warranty repairs, and as of this moment, I have not heard of UPS ordering Macks the past 2 years.

The long time tradition of UPS having Mack may come to a close because of Volvo's crazy Warranty decisions.

dino9854

« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »

Here's a blow up copy of the tractor :-D

Sean

• Future trucker in America
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2008, 11:55:25 AM »
When I went up to Waterloo NY, I seen 2 or 3 UPS Internationals piggy backing, cant remember the models though. They looked brand new from the factory still with the taping and everything still on them. They looked pretty nice.

-My baby, 1997 F250HD XLT, RCLB, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke.

davef

« Reply #354 on: August 14, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »
That Cascadia is a contractor leased to Fed Ex National.  The P before the number on the sleeper verifies this.  As for UPS they have been getting Macks up inot this year and I know this for a fact as they have a slightly different dash setup and are numbered into the latest numbers. 

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »
Huh, perhaps I should pay more attention to the numbers. :roll: :-D

Big L

« Reply #356 on: August 15, 2008, 02:44:42 AM »
Saw an interesting letter from Corporate, regarding new paint schemes coming soon.
http://www.shnv.net/All_YRC.pdf

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #357 on: August 15, 2008, 08:29:28 AM »
I cant really tell, but will these as well have the flip signs on the front and rear of the trailer for when Yellow and Roadway are using them, or are they're going to be designated Yellow and Roadway trailers?

Looks pretty cool, however, I do believe its just another step closer to making YRC one merged company.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #358 on: August 15, 2008, 08:51:23 AM »
I find these trailers to be very interesting, but I HATE the YRC logo.  It's a clever concept, but I think I'm with Nate on this one... this sounds like it's getting closer to a merger.

Updated 8/10/2018

Big L

« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2008, 03:56:57 PM »
I cant really tell, but will these as well have the flip signs on the front and rear of the trailer for when Yellow and Roadway are using them, or are they're going to be designated Yellow and Roadway trailers?

Looks pretty cool, however, I do believe its just another step closer to making YRC one merged company.
The flip placard experiment did not seem to work.  Neither company seem to want to share equipment.  All new trailers have decals on the front and rear, but plain sides, as shown on some of my other post.  According to the email, this will be a limited number with YRC Worldwide on the sides. 
It's been 5 years now of separate operations, but I too think the day will come where it will all be one.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2008, 03:56:57 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs