If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 386163 times)

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
Re: MVE Cascadia
« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »
My shock of the day! :-o Spotted a Mountain Valley Express Cascadia daycab!!! I was a tandem drive, unusual for MVE (most or single screws), additionally unusual was the new unit NOT being an International. MVE is almost entirelly International. I wonder if they have a new Prostar running around some where to put them up against one another. Just don't see a switch over from International that easily.  :? Very little green on the fenders, do mostly to the difficulty with the shape of the truck - I would guess.

I spotted it on the 120 near Manteca, CA and will certainly be keeping my peppers peeled for this unit again, with camera in hand.

MVE sure is spending some money!

Woo Hoo PICS! Thanks Jimmy! Guess they are indeed going away from International???

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »

TejasTrucker

• Towing for the Truckers
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2008, 07:29:17 AM »
Great catch on the MVE Cascadia! Is that the first Cascadia for an LTL that anybody has caught?

Andrew
Henry ford invented the automobile but when something went wrong, he called Ernest Holmes to tow them in.-Unknown

Cobra13

« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2008, 12:50:42 PM »
My dad has pictures of the Jevic Cascadias. Too bad they never went into service....

Cobra13

« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2008, 12:53:06 PM »
Saw a FedEx Ground Freightliner Cascadia, single axle.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2008, 07:18:00 AM »
Finally saw one of the Vitran tractors pulling a PJAX trailer today.  It snuck up on me so I only got a tractor shot.

Updated 8/10/2018

BrianD

« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2008, 03:01:46 PM »
Nice shot, Greg! That IH 8600 is a good looking tractor, for sure! Is there more Vitran equipment out by you now that the merger/purchase has had a few months to sink in?

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2008, 03:37:03 PM »
Nice shot, Greg! That IH 8600 is a good looking tractor, for sure! Is there more Vitran equipment out by you now that the merger/purchase has had a few months to sink in?
This was the first and only sighting of Vitran equipment in Philadelphia so far.  Charlie has a few pictures of these units, but I've yet to see any other tractors or trailers for Vitran here.  They haven't even relabeled a single truck either.

Glad you liked the picture though, I had to chase the truck when I saw it leaving out from my window. :lol:

Updated 8/10/2018

jimh721

• Regular Membership
« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2008, 05:45:09 PM »
NYCE  Freightliner

Caught this one in Brooklyn, N.Y.  on Tuesday.
I have never seen NYCE with other than Volvo's
New York Carolina Express 152

Jim

Chris_E

« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2008, 04:29:25 AM »
I saw a brand new 2008 ABF Mack Vision running line NB on I-95 yesterday afternoon.  It was a stark contrast to the older set of Pines pups it was pulling. :roll:
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2008, 12:57:01 PM »
NYCE  Freightliner
I have never seen NYCE with other than Volvo's

Nice catch on the FL Jim. Think that's a FL 106 if i'm not mistaken. Over the last couple of years i've spotted a Sterling, Ford L8000 & a white FL Columbia twin screw.

Cobra13

« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »
Dad got himself into a T2000. Not new, but new for us. :-D

Now for the REAL new equipment sighting....New Century T660!

Also, Harry (the owner of NC) bought a B Model Mack, so also not new equipment per se, but a new purchase anyway. Maybe it will be done up in NC colors!

Ray F

« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2008, 05:39:50 PM »
Hey Guys How long has Volpe Been Reefer trailers  :? :? i spotted one today  :-D :-D

Cobra13

« Reply #297 on: July 08, 2008, 04:40:44 AM »
Saw a New Century pulling a trailer that had those aerodynamic fairings on the sides of them. Harry has been testing many ways to save fuel, this must be his newest thing.

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
« Reply #298 on: July 08, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »
Woo Hoo PICS! Thanks Jimmy! Guess they are indeed going away from International???

MVE only has 2 Cascadia's and they are assigned to the LTL side... One in Manteca and the other in Reno. Impressive both were caught! According to an MVE driver they will not be buying anymore, do to costs, instead they will be buying some Columbia (new or Used, I don't know)...

As for the Wabash Durplates, they bought 70 of them and are assigned to Truckload...

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
MVE Columbia
« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2008, 01:07:43 PM »
Ok, I spotted one of the new Columbias, Unit #477. I tried like heck to get a photo. It was a Single Axel day cab. The fenders had more green on them than the Cascadia did, and looked a whole lot better for this. Engine badge was Mercedez...

*updated... best pic. I was able to salvage*
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:11:55 PM by The Joe »

Hank's Truck Forum

MVE Columbia
« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2008, 01:07:43 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs