If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 396994 times)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: I got one...maybe...Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2008, 02:47:01 PM »
I don't usually follow this thread too closely since it's for you Americans....but....ABF and Kenworth T800's?
Is this new?
Talked about in a thread from last September (photo too) but that's a nice catch Rob.  8-)

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/forum01/index.php?topic=15018.msg124408#msg124408

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: I got one...maybe...Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2008, 02:47:01 PM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2008, 02:17:34 PM »
ABF's getting in on the act with the International straight trucks.  :-D Spotted this one taking a break on the Pike tonight.

wbache

« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2008, 04:08:22 AM »
ABF's getting in on the act with the International straight trucks.  :-D Spotted this one taking a break on the Pike tonight.

We have them around here too. I posted one parked at the mall a while back

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2008, 01:26:48 PM »
That placcard has to be unpleasant to have to change. just hope it's unlocked when they do otherwise I hope they have hired a local basketball player to work the dock...  :roll:

Cobra13

« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2008, 04:35:26 AM »
Saw something that wasn't "new", but something I haven't seen in a while. A set of Jevic pups (one new logo, one old logo), yesterday. Like I said, not new, but something I haven't seen in a while.

Cobra13

« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »
Dad said Jevic has two Cascadias. I can't wait to see these, I'll bet they look awesome.

I like the Volvo, but it would be cool if they gave dad a Cascadia. :-D

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #261 on: April 25, 2008, 01:27:38 PM »
I've seen twin screw tractors before but this is the first New Penn single axle Volvo i think i've seen.

davef

« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2008, 05:15:47 AM »
Nice shot Charlie!  I was wondering if New Penn was getting some single axle Volvos or if they would go to the ProStars.  Since we were getting both I was wondering if our sister company was doing the same! 

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »
I've seen twin screw tractors before but this is the first New Penn single axle Volvo i think i've seen.

I thought the single axle Volvos weren't that special, I've been seeing them every once in a while up here for a couple weeks now, didn't know they were brand new.  That's a great and lucky catch though Charlie.  New Penn linehaul tractors are pretty hard to get during the day as linehaul for them is usually done at night.  I don't see much more than the Mack CHs they use on P&D.

Updated 8/10/2018

Ray F

« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
I dont see to many of them either  :cry: :cry: I have only seen 2 sterlings and a Int. Straight truck  :cry: :cry:

Big L

« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2008, 03:44:24 AM »
Here are a few of the new Freightliner's Roadway have been receiving.

Inbound line at Kansas City.

Jimmy B

« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2008, 03:42:11 PM »
Big L,

Thanks for posting this series on the new Columbias. Here is one I got last week, my first so far. This unit is in the 899*** series and is triples power? Anyway this often comes up from Sacramento where it is domiciled.

Jimmy B

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
MVE Cascadia
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »
My shock of the day! :-o Spotted a Mountain Valley Express Cascadia daycab!!! I was a tandem drive, unusual for MVE (most or single screws), additionally unusual was the new unit NOT being an International. MVE is almost entirelly International. I wonder if they have a new Prostar running around some where to put them up against one another. Just don't see a switch over from International that easily.  :? Very little green on the fenders, do mostly to the difficulty with the shape of the truck - I would guess.

I spotted it on the 120 near Manteca, CA and will certainly be keeping my peppers peeled for this unit again, with camera in hand.

MVE sure is spending some money!

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2008, 08:46:59 AM »
4 new IH 4300 P&D tractors for UPS Freight.

This might not be a new sighting, but it is for me, a Eastern Freightways Volvo flattop sleeper pulling a NEMF longbox, and right behind it was another Volvo pulling a set of NEMF pups.

Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Cobra13

« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »
My dad saw one of the Jevic Cascadias today, and he got a picture of it (does anyone know how to transfer pics from a cell phone to a computer?). He said there are at least 25 more on the way, and they are most likely going to be team trucks.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs