If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 392428 times)

Jimmy B

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2008, 01:38:17 PM »
Might have to go back to the Motel 6 in Boise after I see one in the lot some morning!  That should be a neat looking truck!

I'm not sure when they will be getting them, but will be excited to catch one for photography. Like the Internationals, the differenial will not lock in at speeds over 25 MPH.

Jimmy B

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2008, 01:38:17 PM »

wbache

« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »

I'm not much into truck makes and models but I have never seen a Volvo like this one on UPSF in this area. Taken this pm northbound on the 605
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:34:07 PM by wbache »

Ray F

« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2008, 09:12:19 PM »
Thats a Cool looking Pic  :-D :-D Thats an Older Volvo VN that has been repainted  :-D :-D

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2008, 11:01:58 PM »
Yes that is one of the older Overnite tractors.
But it looks very sharp hooked to the long box.
I appreciate you posting this none the less Walt, I do enjoy a sharp looking setup like this. Thanks.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Jimmy B

New YFSY Columbias
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2008, 03:21:38 PM »
I received a little more information on the new 08 Freightliner Columbia Triples Tractors that will soon be apart of Yellow's Northwest Triples Operation. These 13 tractors, model CL120, assigned unit numbers 47511 through 47523 have Series 60 Detroit Diesel engines equipped with Jake brakes. They also are equipt with the Touch Lock 5th wheel cab release, and have driver control differential locks for added traction during snow condition. The differential lock only works in low range, like those in the International 9400.

So Dave, you should be spotting these pretty soon  in your travels  around the northwest. I'm hoping to see them down in Reno.

Jimmy B

Photos: http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/forum01/index.php?topic=20192.0
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:22:49 AM by Jimmy B »

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #215 on: March 11, 2008, 12:03:52 AM »
Spotted 2 new Yellow Freight Single axle Freightliner Columbia daycabs rolling West towards Portland, OR on I-84 around Boardman, OR yesterday.

Jimmy B

« Reply #216 on: March 11, 2008, 01:52:03 AM »
Spotted 2 new Yellow Freight Single axle Freightliner Columbia daycabs rolling West towards Portland, OR on I-84 around Boardman, OR yesterday.

Hey, thanks for the heads-up, maybe we'll get to see one of them pretty soon here in Sparks...

Jimmy B

Ray F

« Reply #217 on: March 11, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »
hey guys i caught Glimpse of a Rebranded UPSF Int. 9400 sleeper truck Tonight sitting Behind The Local International Truck Dealership Near me  :-D :-D Maybe i will stop by there this weekend and see if its still there  :-D :-D Im going on a truck hunt this weekend i have a Few stops i want to stop at  :-D :-D this one is on the list  :-D :-D

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #218 on: March 11, 2008, 06:44:47 PM »
hey guys i caught Glimpse of a Rebranded UPSF Int. 9400 sleeper truck Tonight sitting Behind The Local International Truck Dealership Near me  :-D :-D Maybe i will stop by there this weekend and see if its still there  :-D :-D Im going on a truck hunt this weekend i have a Few stops i want to stop at  :-D :-D this one is on the list  :-D :-D
Ah, I love going on truck hunts.  School's been keeping me from going on one though.  Shame, the weather's turned really nice.  I hope you get a picture of that rig Ray.

Updated 8/10/2018

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2008, 03:56:37 PM »
This probly isnt new but its the first one i have seen.   R&L Carriers Matt Kensith Race car trailer doing some P&D in Salem, OR.  I have since seen this truck runnig up around Portland, OR as well.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/avsfan118/Hanks%20Forum%20Post%20Pics/IMG_2478.jpg
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 03:59:02 PM by Avsfan118 »

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »
I seen that yesterday morning at the Dairy Mart getting a drink before he started his deliveries. They have been busy down here, its only time until they open a terminal in either Salem or Eugene.

wbache

« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »
I seen that yesterday morning at the Dairy Mart getting a drink before he started his deliveries. They have been busy down here, its only time until they open a terminal in either Salem or Eugene.

I see them here in LaLa land but usually on the move. As I was coming home from a El Pollo Loco with dinner-- there was one parked in the street in front of Mayfair High School in Lakewood and the driver had just lowered his freight on a pallet and was getting ready to pull it into the school with his pallet jack. Had a graphic on it "lift gate service at no charge". School zone with kids on the street so no pic.

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2008, 05:55:31 PM »
I wouldn't say that Ray, no plain jane's out here besides the ex-GI equipment, probably a different division because that trailer is of a different division. They also might have gotten a good deal from IH on someone's backouts, kind of like how WalMart got ahold of their ProStars.

Estes717

« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2008, 03:29:47 AM »
Hey Guys i was over near the Estes Terminal near me today and looks like they have gotten about 4 or 5 more Plain white Int. 8600s Like this one  :cry: :cry: i guess they are going all white  :cry: :cry: i will sure miss the bumble bees  :cry: :cry:

Ray, thats one Estes Truckload division 8600's... That trailer would also have began with the letter A then a 5 digit number.  The ones with the green "powerball" logo, start with F and then a 5 digit trailer number.  I'm not exactly sure the difference between the 2, but I see the Green ones more than the Blue.  I realll need to get on the ball and snap some pics of the oddball and rare Estes equpiment that flows in and out of the yard.  We have some that have the Green Estes Truckload Tractors rebranded with a small sticker saying they are operated by Estes Express Lines... LOL not sure of the difference, but apparently there must be.  There's also a guy that has an ex-Allens Expedited International Sleeper unit, thats rebranded with the Estes logos but its all white. 

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2008, 09:19:21 AM »
Seen one of those Yellow Columbia daycabs today that Jimmy has pictures of. Really sharp in person.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2008, 09:19:21 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs