If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 385872 times)

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2007, 07:24:17 AM »
I hear ya there Dave, it dosn't make sense to throw these old tractors out on line, a 200 mile tow is more costly than a 5-15 mile tow. Oh well Im just the driver.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2007, 07:24:17 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

soapman

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »
UPS Freight 2 axle International 8600 bobtailing back to the Carteret NJ terminal this morning. Ugly tractor IMHO but i think it looks worse without that hideous air spoiler if that's possible.  :|

I spotted this same truck in Rahway one day-I was shocked to see it.
Actually i'm a fan of the 8600 although I prefer it with the sculpted air spoiler(not the short one)
I had Drop & Hook make a 8600 in Overnite. It's 1/32 scale and made by Boley. You can see pictures of it
in the scale models trucks section, then got the models in other scales portion
Ivory Moseley

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2007, 11:10:19 AM »
I just noticed, but somebody did a horrible job re-labeling this, you can still see part of the Overnite label.

CACHman

• Rob Archer for Prime Minister of Canada!!!
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2007, 12:39:35 PM »
Nate,
Not horrible.  Look at the metal 8600 emblem.  The corner of the OV emblem is underneath it, so with the rectangle patch, to get the whole emblem, it woulda been on the chrome 8600.  They could have did a custom patch job, but as you know, it's Overnite. :lol:

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2007, 12:41:11 PM »
CACH,

They could have cut out the hole to go around it, which is what they had to do to some equipment, just depends on the person doing the job.

CACHman

• Rob Archer for Prime Minister of Canada!!!
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2007, 12:42:08 PM »
Also, don't know if anyone's saw this, but finally saw a YRC Logistics truck.  IT was a former USF truck and trailer, both white and orange (dreamcicle).  Rectangle YRC emblem  over the USF emblems.  YRC emblem features the letters YRC (duh :wink:) in a weird design, with each letter in a color of a company (Y was blue, R was orange, and C was white).

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2007, 03:35:20 PM »
Saw a couple of Pitt ohio Columbias on I-80 the other day.  First time I've seen any of these.

wbache

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2007, 04:00:59 PM »
it definitely wasn't new but I saw a UPS IH(possible ex MC) pulling a grey long box with the acorn. The tractor sported the new livery of grey and brown which I had not seen around here before.  I had just pulled out on  the street and he was going north on Bellflower Blvd in Downey(CA) sorry no pic.

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2007, 04:03:10 PM »
Thanks for the info Walt, could you tell if it was a city or a line tractor?

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2007, 07:20:29 PM »
Yesterday a UPS pulled off the freeway ramp by the mall but went on by so I couldn't get a good look or a pic but it was a white Sterling tractor with the UPS acorn on the door with a regular UPS grey long box with the acorn logo. Had not seen a white tractor like that before with UPS.

Guessin' this is what you saw Walt. UPS Cartage.

wbache

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »
Guessin' this is what you saw Walt. UPS Cartage.

No I had seen a unit like that a couple of weeks ago with a white painted tractor with the acorn but this tractor was painted grey and brown. The trailer was a rather common long grey box with the acorn logo.

to Nate the tractor could have been line but in the LA area UPS runs a lot of shuttle runs and the power is about the same as what we see out on the highway. Since there are no triples in CA the power pool probably can run both line and local with the big boxes.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »
That's pretty interesting Walt, I like seeing the grey and brown tractors.  Did the long box have a small "UPS Freight" on the back or was this one of the main UPS trailers?

Updated 8/10/2018

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2007, 03:36:07 PM »

wbache

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2007, 03:37:27 PM »
That's pretty interesting Walt, I like seeing the grey and brown tractors.  Did the long box have a small "UPS Freight" on the back or was this one of the main UPS trailers?

Since we were moving in opposite directions thru a major intersection on the green lite I was mainly attracted to the tractor which was not a newer model but had the grey/brown livery. The trailer was a clean grey long box with the acorn and that is about all we see of that type of trailer and usually they have been pulled by ex Overnite or MC power and we have several well populated counties adjoining one another much like The metro area of NYC extends into NJ and CT so those of us who are just sightseers probably don't know if we are looking at UPS package delivery or UPS freight unless we see the old Overnite/MC tractors with the grey doors or some of their old trailers. At this point in time I have never seen a brown UPS tractor pulling a Overnite or MC trailer. I did see a white painted Sterling  tractor pulling a grey long box with the acorn logo and Charlie posted something like that on this thread and another post said that would be UPS Cartage an operation I never knew existed altho there is a very large UPS DC not very far from where I live. I am in the process of acquiring a digital camera and as soon as we get a couple of health issues resolved I will try to go over there and find a place to park and see what comes and goes.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »
Greg,

As you can tell, UPS Freight trailers are like UPS's trailers, nothing on the rear.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/dfaust/2007/02-19/dscn2239.jpg

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/brian_kuchay/2006/feb14/ups-freight-2.jpg

Oh no no, I didn't mean the door, I meant the back near the door, the "UPS Freight" logo on the sides near the back.  That's the only distinction between the UPS and UPS Freight trailers.

Updated 8/10/2018

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs