If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 386157 times)

militaryman4

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2007, 01:21:48 AM »
Saw a company out west called DL.  I've recently learned that they're called Dot Line.  Are they a new LTL company or are they a small western company like DATS or Peninsula.

Also saw some interesting Fedex combos over the summer.
1.) A FedEx Ground 379 with ABF doubles
2.) FedEx National LTL sleeper with a newly branded trailer and a CENTRAL TRANSPORT PUP on the end
3.) FedEx National LTL Freightliner Columbia single axle sleeper with doubles
4.) (Unconfirmed) My mom says she saw an Eastern Freightways Mack with a Watkins trailer. 
5.) FedEx Ground tractor with a Forward Air 53' trailer.
Any reasons why I'd see such bizarre set-ups will be greatly appreciated.
1. FedEx Ground Multi-Weight is like an LTL service for FedEx Ground - so maybe bringing freight to their DIST. facililty for ABF or one of FedEx Ground's customers OR just moving the trailers.

Rob

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2007, 01:21:48 AM »

Cobra13

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2007, 05:39:46 AM »
Yeah, me and dad saw some FedEx trucks pulling ABF pups back in August, and we weren't sure what that was all about.

Anyway, according to the Jevic website, all of their new trucks are going to be equipped with APU's.

Chad

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2007, 04:10:24 PM »
Word from truckingboards is Fedex Freight has gotten 4 new pro-star's at the (POS) Pocono Summit Pa.
and also (LIT) Little Rock has 3 with woodgrain dash and power mirrors, radio controls on the steering wheel.Cummins and 10 speed manual. Sound nice still looking for pic's keep your eye's open they could go anywhere from there.

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2007, 04:15:30 PM »
A lot of people are getting them, but like Dave Faust said in another thread about the ones coming into USF Reddaway, we'll never see them until they have atleast a million miles on them. Wish I would get one, but my trusty COE never lets me down, and when it does, they always find another to replace it.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Chad

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2007, 05:19:38 PM »
Yes as you mention I have been seeing more and more cabover's on the road as of late. I also spotted one of the new 9100? IH that yellow has it was on I-26 headed for Columbia SC I got a pic just no time to load them still on dial-up.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2007, 12:47:35 PM »
UPS Freight 2 axle International 8600 bobtailing back to the Carteret NJ terminal this morning. Ugly tractor IMHO but i think it looks worse without that hideous air spoiler if that's possible.  :|

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »
Their even uglier in Yellow with a Penske lable on them.

Nice ugly catch. :lol:

DAVID350

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »
Their even uglier in Yellow with a Penske lable on them.

Oh don't even birng those things up!

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2007, 01:55:16 PM »
I've got 3 Penske's in my yard, 2 8600's, and one FL Columbia. I'd bid the Columbia if it was more than a 375 horse truck.

DAVID350

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2007, 01:59:27 PM »
Have you driven or seen the insides of one of those slope nose Int things? Columbia would be about 10.000 times better to drive, and look at all day I'm sure.

The Joe

• Regular Membership
  • Global non-Moderator
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2007, 06:43:57 PM »
I happen to like the 8600's especially w/ the ext. cab... but thats me... I also like the sculpted air deflector, but not the one on the ext. cabs... Guess it just proves everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Pat was saying Central Transport has some, maybe even ext. cabbed... Be interesting to see, but doubt the moon pie yellow would look good on it.

davef

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2007, 05:31:40 AM »
Reddaway is getting 50 of the Prostars and they also have a bunch of controls in the steering wheel such as cruise contral and wipers.  Not sure if the radio controls are there. Besides the Prostars Reddaway is gettign some Volvo VNMs.  I ma trying to get some good photos of those as well but they look identical to Holland's version except they are single axles.

Someone mentioned Dot Line.  They have been around for years and are a truckload carrier.  They use owner operators to pull their doubles. 

davef

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2007, 05:32:52 AM »
One more note is that a friend spotted a new KW T-800 daycab for R&L the other night in Indiana.  Keep your eyes open for that one!

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2007, 07:25:04 AM »
This is just here-say but a guy in the Medford terminal called up the Northwest Vice-President of Operations at UPS Freight to complain about the lack of equipment, and the unnecessary usage of Penske Rentals, and he was told that UPSF's tractors for the year were purchased under the same contract at IH as our parent company UPS, bringing the price down, and the availability to receive more equipment this year. There will be 301 new IH's given to the West this year, at least this is what we have been told by the VP, which too mean is a very good source. LA will receive the majority most likely, and the rest will go to the terminals that have Penske rentals just to get that hefty price off. So if a terminal has 3 Penske's, a terminal will receive 3-4 new trucks, and the rest will be given out as shop managers believe they should go.

davef

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2007, 07:19:27 AM »
Just think Nate, the city drivers will have some nice new rides!  I heard also that UPS Freight was buying some Internationals in the midwest and the one I shot at the Washington TDU looked like it may have been new as it was numbered in the Overnite number series (18954) instead of where they are numbering the Motor Cargo units (62952). 

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2007, 07:19:27 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs