If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 386115 times)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »
Averitt FL Columbia pulling a Federal Mogul trailer.  :? New division or just a contract hauling job?  :?

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »

DAVID350

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 01:11:28 PM »
 :? Never heard of that.

RD600_Mack

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »
Actually I believe Federal Mogul Is one of Averitts owned companies  :-D :-D because i've seen that Combination Before to  :-D :-D

John L. Becker

• Regular Membership
    • The Official Cyber Home of Acme Trailer Works!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »
Averitt FL Columbia pulling a Federal Mogul trailer.  :? New division or just a contract hauling job?  :?

A neat takeoff on Averitt's scheme! Imagine, a whole load of lights, wheel seals and other items!

BrianD

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 03:43:32 PM »
Going to work this morning, and going the opposite direction is an ex-USF tractor (couldn't tell which company), pulling an ex-USF trailer (again, couldn't tell which company; too damn early!!) with a YRC Logistics logo on it. On the way home, again in the opposite direction, was a Roadway 48' or 53' Wabash National plate trailer (ex-Schneider?), painted white, but with "ROADWAY" on the side, the same size as a 28' pup! Never seen either this before! Anyone else see this?

Cobra13

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2007, 04:18:48 PM »
My dad told me Jevic got a bunch of new Volvo's in at the Jersey terminal. 760's.

JOSH403

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
Federal Mogul makes engine parts. Could be a dedicated contract they're doing for them?

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »
Federal Mogul makes engine parts. Could be a dedicated contract they're doing for them?

Probably.  I saw one on I-81 in Hagerstown, MD today, the tractor was marked Averitt and the "shadow" of the Averitt logo was quite visible on the trailer.
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 02:11:01 PM »
2 New Freightliner M2's were delivered to FedEx Freight sometime this week at my local terminal, now there up to 3 M2's total, 1 straightjobber and 2 tractors.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

1truckingenthuiast

• Philippians 4:13
    • My Truck Photos
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 04:06:07 PM »
I saw a 2008 Kenworth T800 with extended daycab, side extenders, full air fairing, and single right side cab mounted exhaust operated by FedEx Freight East traveling on I-75 South in McDonough, GA.

wbache

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 09:39:47 AM »
Lets put our new equipment sightings for LTL equipment in this thread instead of in Everything Trucking Related.
I started to put this over on anything trucking yesterday then remembered you would like LTL over here

Yesterday a UPS pulled off the freeway ramp by the mall but went on by so I couldn't get a good look or a pic but it was a white Sterling tractor with the UPS acorn on the door with a regular UPS grey long box with the acorn logo. Had not seen a white tractor like that before with UPS.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 10:13:50 AM »
Probably UPS Cartage.  Charlie's seen a few of these before and I believe there might be one or two around on the forum.  I haven't seen one in person but nice catch. :-D  They have a lot of old Emery Worldwide equipment so it looks a lot like old CF

Updated 8/10/2018

John L. Becker

• Regular Membership
    • The Official Cyber Home of Acme Trailer Works!
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 12:17:11 PM »
Probably UPS Cartage.  Charlie's seen a few of these before and I believe there might be one or two around on the forum.  I haven't seen one in person but nice catch. :-D  They have a lot of old Emery Worldwide equipment so it looks a lot like old CF

That was UPS Cartage. We had one of their white Sterkings at the shop the day. The driver brought a trailer over for some repairs to the lights.

wbache

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 12:51:05 PM »
That was UPS Cartage. We had one of their white Sterkings at the shop the day. The driver brought a trailer over for some repairs to the lights.

never have heard or seen UPS cartage in the LA area before if that's what it was but then UPS is going through a lot of change and maybe the impossible has become the possible. I wish I had been closer to it but no mistaking the make or the name and since there were no blue strips there was no mistaking it for a Motor Cargo which we still see quite a few of.

Thank you both for the come back

Walt

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 12:59:45 PM »
Plus Motor Cargo didn't have Sterlings, they stuck to IH and in the end started buying Volvo's, but their numbers are limited, and most are in SLC and the Colorado area.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 12:59:45 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs