If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 396479 times)

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
A friend of mine said he saw a Pitt-Ohio KW T800.

YOWZA! :-o

Somehow I don't see them going that route-my money is on a mix of Mack (depending on what kind of luck they have with the Pinnacles) and maybe IH or Freightliner, although FL seems to be once again excluded from the mix.

The Pinnacles, Transtars and the Prostar that I've seen are all within a 20 unit number range so maybe those are the final runner-ups.
Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #646 on: June 12, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »
Finally got to see the UPS & UPSF Prostars, UPSF Sterlings, ODFL Cascadias & Volvos and the elusive PJAX FL Columbia this past week. Only had to go 600 miles west but it was worth it.  :-D

Ray F

« Reply #647 on: June 12, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »
I Know this isnt a New sighting But I didnt know where else to put Post it  :? I Seen NEMF has Acquired at Least 1 Jevic Heated Dryvan, I seen one hooked to a CH613 this evening while i was coming out of the Mcdonalds  :-D :-D they had spray painted over the Jevic Name and Had the NEMF Near The Back of the Trailer  :-o

Chris_E

« Reply #648 on: June 12, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »
I've seen several as well, Ray.  They have small NEMF logos on the heater units, too. 
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

BModelMack

« Reply #649 on: June 12, 2009, 06:19:40 PM »
     NEMF purchased about 100 Jevic  48-foot heater vans, numbered in the H58xxx series, and several 48-foot dry vans, not sure of the exact number, but they are numbered in the S485xx series.  They also purchased a number of Volvo and International condo sleepers but I believe they were all assigned to Eastern Freightways duty, an are numbered in the 40xxx tractor series.  The H in the unit number obviously means heater, and the S in the dry vans means to be used as singles only and to differentiate them from Thruway doubles 48-footers, which are set up as lead trailers which a dolly can be hooked to.

Escape02

« Reply #650 on: June 16, 2009, 01:32:41 PM »
Pitt Ohio Kenworth T270/T370, I'm not sure which model it was.

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #651 on: June 17, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »
I've never seen O/O's for R&L before, but today I saw a fairly sharp Coronado pulling a set of pups for them, on I-5.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »
I've never seen O/O's for R&L before, but today I saw a fairly sharp Coronado pulling a set of pups for them, on I-5.
I've been seeing quite a few in pictures from guys out in the midwest. :|  Sign of things to come I guess.

Updated 8/10/2018

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #653 on: June 18, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »
Everyones using them these days, certain companies more than others....

Chris_E

« Reply #654 on: June 19, 2009, 10:49:17 AM »
Saw one of New Penn's white 53' Wabash Duraplate HD trailers today.  Looked good.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Ray F

« Reply #655 on: June 19, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »
Finally got to see the UPS & UPSF Prostars, UPSF Sterlings, ODFL Cascadias & Volvos and the elusive PJAX FL Columbia this past week. Only had to go 600 miles west but it was worth it.  :-D
im starting to see the Pjax Columbia more often down here  :-D i caught one this evening with a vitran long box  :-D

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #656 on: June 22, 2009, 07:00:46 PM »
Saw a CRST tractor pulling R&L doubles.

Also saw a UPS Freight TL Freightliner Columbia with a liftgate trailer and a crubside door.

Also saw 6 of these KW T800's for Matheson LTL, maybe Jimmy and Red will be seeing these in service soon?

Capital City Kid

« Reply #657 on: June 25, 2009, 10:22:30 AM »
First Off, I am sorry, did not have a camera with me, but was at Hisson KW Dealer, former Kenworth of Chillicothe, Ohio and seen about fifty brand new KW T-660 single axle tractors waiting to be piggy backed for delivery. The dealer is about a mile from the factory. But they were white and logoed for Fed EX, but was not able to get close to see if it was freight, or national ltl. They looked very nice. Also two stacks of mixed T-2000 and T-660's with a small bunk in maroon, which leads me to think Millis. Once again, got caught with my pants down with no camera, lol. Later Kevin

Chris_E

« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »
I heard FedEx Freight's getting T660 daycabs.  I can't wait to see one.  I have yet to see a single axle daycab T660.

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2009, 04:21:42 PM »
I heard FedEx Freight's getting T660 daycabs.  I can't wait to see one.  I have yet to see a single axle daycab T660.

We have a couple already, coworker saw one in Dallas already, but never saw it since.  I've been trying to get a picture of it for months!

roog

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2009, 04:21:42 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs