If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 403308 times)

Chris_E

Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #495 on: November 30, 2008, 02:31:54 PM »
Willy would shoot me right now if he knew I was saying this stuff.

How do you know he's not? :evil:

My friend owns a 2006 Volvo car and she loves it.  I've ridden in it several times, and I said to myself, if they build their trucks like they built this car, they would be THE best trucks to own.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #495 on: November 30, 2008, 02:31:54 PM »

Cobra13

« Reply #496 on: November 30, 2008, 04:23:52 PM »
Well said Nate!

Seems the only people who don't like Volvo are the ones who have never driven them, just my observation.

I remember when dad went from the FLD120 (which we both really liked), to a new VN660 (the old one). We hated it. It was ugly, crappy, and we were just in that nice Freightliner. Well after running that Volvo for a few months, we started to really like it. No problems, ran good, fuel efficient, comfortable, all that. It only got better with the new Volvo, 670. That was everything good about the old one, made better, plus it looked a lot nicer. Dad's in a T2000 KENWORTH now, and he hates it. Said it's a piece of crap. Things fall apart on it, the automatic sucks (real trucks have two sticks!), and it's just a cheap truck. Now I don't know how he would feel about this, but if Harry were to buy a bunch of Volvos and offer dad one, (not gonna happen, Harry will not buy Volvos), I'd say take it.

Plain and simple, Volvo builds a damn good truck. Do I still like Peterbilt and KW? You bet. Would I be proud and happy to drive or own a Volvo? Damn right!

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #497 on: November 30, 2008, 04:28:52 PM »
Not everybody likes Volvo's, and thats ok, I personally love W900L's just as much as the next guy, would be my dream truck if I bought a truck, however.

I do know guys that have driven Volvo's and just dont like them, and thats ok.

Different strokes for different folks, and I dont want to try to change anyone's opinion on trucks, however, if you haven't driven one, and you bash it, shut up, because you dont have a opinion based on experience, that goes for ANY truck too.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »

Different strokes for different folks, and I dont want to try to change anyone's opinion on trucks, however, if you haven't driven one, and you bash it, shut up, because you dont have a opinion based on experience, that goes for ANY truck too.

Glad you finnally chimed in on this one Nate :-D.  Ive never driven a volvo but everyone I know that has loved it.   Back to new LTL sightings

Mike

JOSH403

« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »
All those trucks are terrible.... Hino beats everything  :-D :evil: :-D :evil: :-D :evil:

tom_the_trucker

« Reply #500 on: November 30, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
Hino beats everything  

HELL YEAH THEY DO!!

Chase

« Reply #501 on: December 01, 2008, 08:53:15 AM »
ive riden in valvos, driven valvos, never liked em. ive never liked the looks or the way the interior is laid out

ANYWAY

saw more of the old dominion day cab cascadia's with no decals but it was dark and couldnt get any pics

and more of the jb hunt cascadias

Sean

• Future trucker in America
« Reply #502 on: December 01, 2008, 09:30:17 AM »
ive riden in valvos, driven valvos, never liked em. ive never liked the looks or the way the interior is laid out

:cry: I think me and Nate here are left out on liking Volvo's. I love Volvo's, loooks are better than the Cascaida anyday, Volvo is my second favorite truck maker (WS is 1st), as my dad was the same way.  :-D

My 2 cents worth, not sure if I have said this, but OD Volvos at the Girad terminal :lol:

-My baby, 1997 F250HD XLT, RCLB, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke.

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #503 on: December 01, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »
I saw a brand new UPS Freight ProStar today, single screw.  It was pulling 3 other ProStars piggybacked on I-70 Westbound in Abilene, KS, mm275.  Couldn't grab my camera fast enough though. :-(

roog

swift#1

« Reply #504 on: December 03, 2008, 06:45:45 AM »
if i were to ever go O/O it would be with a volvo.the volvo i was assinged to a year back with swift before i got my prostar was a 2008 volvo 670...this truck was getting the best mpg outta all the east coast terminal's i was getting 9.5 mpg almost everyday...and it wouldnt get below 8.5 coming through all the traffic in nyc on black friday :-D  ALOT of new trucks with the regeneration cycle's get terrible gas mileage and some dont...my 2008 didnt have a reburner beacuse it was manufactured in early 07' :wink:
Proud Driver for Swift Transportation, 18 Years Safe Driving.

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #505 on: December 03, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »
Market Transport pulling a ABF 53 foot railroad trailer, trailer looked new, swing door Great Dane, and had the markings ABFZ.

Chris_E

« Reply #506 on: December 03, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
Market Transport pulling a ABF 53 foot railroad trailer, trailer looked new, swing door Great Dane, and had the markings ABFZ.

Never heard of Market Transport, but if they were pulling an ABF trailer, it was probably new.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

roogie

« Reply #507 on: December 03, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »
I grabbed a shot of a UPS Freight ProStar and a FedEx Freight ProStar here:

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/forum01/index.php?topic=28069.0

roog

Nate

• Global Moderator
« Reply #508 on: December 03, 2008, 03:24:01 PM »
Never heard of Market Transport, but if they were pulling an ABF trailer, it was probably new.

Here's a picture of one. Hope Mike doesn't mind me borrowing his link, but it was the best picture I could find of one on the main site.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/michael_bartyzal/2003/sept28/market_frtlnr01.jpg

roogie

« Reply #509 on: December 03, 2008, 03:27:34 PM »
There are about 10 new Volvos in Nashville for FedEx Freight East.  This is interested because we had been told several months ago that we weren't getting any more Volvos.  Not much different than current ones, Cummins ISX, 10 speed.  New items are air sliding fifth wheels, new air tank setup and the battery box has been moved in between the frame rails behind the cab.  These also have the forward facing camera system for lane departure warnings.

roog

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #509 on: December 03, 2008, 03:27:34 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs