If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New LTL Equipment Sightings  (Read 389407 times)

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
Re: New LTL Equipment Sightings
« Reply #1020 on: August 15, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »
This may be an O/O or something, but this is an albino Freightliner Cascadia for Con-Way Truckload with no roof logo or stripes. Looked kind of strange to me after seeing a lot of other rigs with all the colors...

Updated 8/10/2018

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1020 on: August 15, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »

james j neiweem

« Reply #1021 on: August 16, 2011, 07:52:45 AM »
I95 CT saw a NEMF new IH twin screw day cab painted red with NEMF logo pulling a NEMF trailer :)

LoneStar

• The Con-way Guy
    • Photobucket Album
« Reply #1022 on: August 16, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »
This may be an O/O or something, but this is an albino Freightliner Cascadia for Con-Way Truckload with no roof logo or stripes. Looked kind of strange to me after seeing a lot of other rigs with all the colors...

Cool catch. judging by the number starting with a 4 it is an Owner Operator. Their latest trucks start with a 3**** and their O/Os always start with a 4. Maybe they have some kind of Lease Program going or something.

Thanks to roogie for the Photo!

Big L

« Reply #1023 on: August 20, 2011, 12:30:46 PM »
Thought I'd add these new Great Dane ABF pups, this one was about 2 months from the factory. The 552*** series:

Jimmy B
I see ABF has been going back to swing doors.

Chris_E

« Reply #1024 on: August 20, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Capital City Kid

« Reply #1025 on: August 20, 2011, 05:17:23 PM »
Looks like a ODFL Volvo, switching back from FL Cascadia's?

Chris_E

« Reply #1026 on: August 20, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
They already have a few in the system. I caught a sleeper and a day cab last summer and I caught another one this summer.  I wasn't sure if they were getting anymore, so I was glad to see that one.  There was another identical setup running with this one.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Yulee

« Reply #1027 on: August 20, 2011, 06:04:36 PM »
Nice catch on the Averitts city units as well. There was a rumor on another board that they would go with some Internationals. I hope they may pick up some Prostars or Transtars for shuttle/line haul.

Chris_E

« Reply #1028 on: August 20, 2011, 06:10:41 PM »
I caught a ton of Prostar sleepers for their truckload division on this trip.  Unfortunately, I didn't see many trucks from LTL except for these and ones parked at their Knoxville terminal.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #1029 on: August 22, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »
So YRC gets new white Volvos and USF Glen Moore winds up with a great lookin' Prostar. :o Go figure. :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ray F

« Reply #1030 on: August 22, 2011, 06:09:55 PM »
So YRC gets new white Volvos and USF Glen Moore winds up with a great lookin' Prostar. :o Go figure. :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nice Catch Charlie  8) I wonder if thats an O/O  ??? I spotted a White Glen Moore Prostar sitting over at a Local Warehouse over Near Burris awhile Back and thought it was O/O as well  ???

roogie

• Use your head, wear a helmet.
« Reply #1031 on: August 23, 2011, 10:01:35 PM »
Saw a new UPSF Volvo, all brown, piggybacked with an ODFL Volvo heading towards Denver near Salina, Kansas.  Missed the pic due to a passing truck. :(

roog

Leonard

« Reply #1032 on: August 23, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »
went back 5 pages and didnt see anything.   not so much "new equipment" but rather:
Holland (usf) has repainted many older sterlings to solid orange and has them simply lettered Holland like the newer volvos. the units are at their joliet IL terminal. ill try for a picture. it was raining today and i couldnt get a shot off.
sorry if it was mentioned already.
its a binder thing you just wouldnt get it...

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #1033 on: August 23, 2011, 11:21:30 PM »
Nice catch on the Averitts city units as well. There was a rumor on another board that they would go with some Internationals. I hope they may pick up some Prostars or Transtars for shuttle/line haul.

It's unusual to see a carrier buying city tractors nowadays since the ROI and resale value on them is essentially zero.
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #1034 on: August 24, 2011, 03:46:39 AM »
went back 5 pages and didnt see anything.   not so much "new equipment" but rather:
Holland (usf) has repainted many older sterlings to solid orange and has them simply lettered Holland like the newer volvos. the units are at their joliet IL terminal. ill try for a picture. it was raining today and i couldnt get a shot off.
sorry if it was mentioned already.
Sounds more like ex-Yellow twin-screw Sterlings. I've seen a photo or two of Yellow Sterlings transferred to Holland in the Midwest.

Updated 8/10/2018

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1034 on: August 24, 2011, 03:46:39 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs