If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Vehicle drives away after causing fatal wreck on I-285  (Read 650 times)

1truckingenthuiast

• Philippians 4:13
    • My Truck Photos
Vehicle drives away after causing fatal wreck on I-285
« on: August 23, 2007, 03:33:57 PM »

Accident happened last night 8-22-07

The Atlanta police Hit and Run Unit is investigating a fiery wreck Wednesday night that killed a Paulding County truck driver.

The crash occurred about 11 p.m. on I-285 at Langford Parkway in southwestern Atlanta.

Atlanta police spokesman Ron Campbell said Michael Folds of Dallas was driving a flatbed tractor-trailer southbound in the third lane from the left when, according to witnesses, a red vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed in the far left lane swerved across three lanes of traffic, causing other drivers to slam on their brakes.

Folds, 36, lost control of the tractor-trailer and struck the concrete median wall.

"The truck burst into flames as it rode down the barrier wall," Campbell said. "The truck's cab finally came to rest in the northbound lane, and the trailer of the truck came to rest in the southbound lane."

Campbell said investigators had not determined whether the red vehicle, which did not stop, was struck by the truck.

Hank's Truck Forum

« on: August 23, 2007, 03:33:57 PM »