If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Gravel Trucks From Canada Trip  (Read 8270 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Gravel Trucks From Canada Trip
« on: August 20, 2007, 05:20:52 PM »
These pictures are the ones from my dad's camera... I'll upload the pictures from my camera later. Some pictures from his camera were taken by me if it was the camera I was holding at the time, some were taken by him because he doesn't like using my camera.
Pictures taken by my dad.

Pictures taken by me.

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Gravel Trucks From Canada Trip
« on: August 20, 2007, 05:20:52 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

rayman852002

Re: Gravel Trucks From Canada Trip
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:00:11 PM »
Dang Those Trucks a COOL Looking  :-D :-D :-D I like that Granite Axle Back Dumper  :-o :-o :-o :-D

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:11:02 PM »
Thanks Ray, I think if you liked that set... you'll love this set. 8-)

Well, here's some from MY camera... we camped out just east of Banff one night near an overpass on the Trans-Canada Highway. After breakfast I went up and took pictures while my parents got the camper ready for the road. I think the intersection was near a gravel pit or something. :-D
Here's a video and picture of a SWEET 379 reversed B-train.

Just about my favorite picture from the trip... I also LOVE this configuration, never see it around my area though.

Transfer dumps.

Dumps with pups.

Straight dumpers.

Another one of those configurations I like. Is there a name for this type of set-up?

B-trains.

Belly dump.

B-trains hauling what I'm assuming is concrete powder, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure this is gravel, I suppose it's possible it's something agricultural.

rayman852002

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 08:24:44 PM »
DANG That Video Was EXCELLENT  :-o :-o :-o :-o Those Pictures were Excellent Too I liked that Pete 359 with the Belly Dump trailer  :-D :-D :-D

braziliantrucks

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 12:00:32 AM »
Nice pics!

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 04:56:27 AM »
DANG That Video Was EXCELLENT  :-o :-o :-o :-o Those Pictures were Excellent Too I liked that Pete 359 with the Belly Dump trailer  :-D :-D :-D

That 359 was a REALLY cool truck, it was pulling doubles in a ten-axle train like I see in my area... I just messed up the picture.
It was taken along I-15 somewhere north of Butte, Montana.

Axel

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 06:34:52 AM »
it's so funny how u can tell what was taken in B.C. and ATLA lol

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 09:15:51 AM »
A Granite in Fanny Bay.

Some from a Kenworth dealer near I-5 just north of Seattle.

D50

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 01:53:50 PM »
Cool pics! You caught a lot of nice looking Kenworths. It's hard to choose what my favorites are, but I really like that photo of the teal W900B in your second set of photos. I also like that T800H, I don't see too many of those, as well as that older C500 for the same reason.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 05:30:46 AM »
Just about my favorite picture from the trip... I also LOVE this configuration, never see it around my area though.

I love this pic as well! Very, very sweet looking truck pulling a very interesting setup, and some cool scenery to boot! The rest of the pics are great, too, of course, but this one really sticks out, IMO!  8-)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 06:36:33 AM »
I love this pic as well! Very, very sweet looking truck pulling a very interesting setup, and some cool scenery to boot! The rest of the pics are great, too, of course, but this one really sticks out, IMO!  8-)

Thanks a lot, but to tell ya the truth, I dislike that picture... LOVED the truck though. I took that picture too early, shoulda waited 'til he was further down the cloverleaf. I put my caption ABOVE the picture... this is the way I meant that to turn out. I liked THIS picture because of the background and the angle and position of the truck. I found the set-up very interesting too. :wink:

five_oh18

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 11:05:06 AM »
The red Pete in the last picture in your post is pulling a set of grain hopper bottoms.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »
Yeah, I know, I did some "interesting" cut-and-paste there, I guess, hehe. I was actually more interested in the setup of the one I quoted there, as the KW setup looked a bit more "Norwegian", never seen a gravel train quite like the one pulled by that flattop Pete before...  :-) And I liked the composition of the picture and the background and everything... :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

five_oh18

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 12:39:40 PM »
I meant peterbilttrucker's original post, the caption said he wasn't sure if it was gravel, but he thought it was agricultural. Sorry for any confusion.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »
I meant peterbilttrucker's original post, the caption said he wasn't sure if it was gravel, but he thought it was agricultural. Sorry for any confusion.

I understood you... thanks for pointing that out, I guess I was right when I said it might be agricultural.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs